FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Do you have an epic/legend with a borderline insane setup?

<<

Shadowdragon

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:20 pm

Do you have an epic/legend with a borderline insane setup?

Hey guys! Shadowdragon here, also known as Cadurian. And I've had a thought about something for a while.
So you guys know that when you build Epics and Legend (S rank), that you want to make sure that it's practical and 100% useable. Example using a Neon with PoD/Lightning Strike/STS/TS is practical in itself. Or maybe add in a very small editing, example having MB (Mind Bending) over STS. All that is practical and is still useful. However, that is not what I am looking at. I want to know, do you guys have an epic/legendary with a set that completely seems borderline insane, and seems to bad, but serves an excellent usage? Like using a crazy weird set on Gryph or using seemingly unpractical moves on a Pewg?
If you do, I'd love you guys to post it and explain about it.
Now, without anything else, I'll start with.... Stall Levi!

So... Maybe you guys are looking at it and thinks it's crazy and a waste of a Levi. But fear not! I have a pair of Levi, so it's not an issue! :D Anyway, while looking completely unpractical, it serves a very good purpose as a surprise factor and getting the upper hand by using Curse. Curse takes 50% of your hp and gives your opponent a curse effect, that takes 25% of their max hp, which is super nifty. Soak makes sure I can heal up from the damage I took, while Inval makes me able to stop PoD, while also countering Baha. This set can render things like Planto and Gryph useless, if those two give you trouble. I also used it to beat OA EXP instead of making a mali Fae, and it helped me a ton! Especially since I could block Ice Beam Mdef drops thanks to Inval. Also keep in mind that you can modify this Levi as much as you can. Example, you can give it Thorn-ll for additional damage and Fort-ll so it can stay in better agaisnt the likes of Gryph and Planto. Keep in mind you can also have Water Cell to trap then, then curse them to death. Keep in mind that it would be most effective with Fort-ll, however. Memory Wipe over one soak, while it doesn't help you with boosting your defences, it will still remove all your debuffs, serving it as a nice way to get rid of poisons, burns, etc. If you're going to pair it up, use a taunt user like Pewgway, because that's where it shines the best.

And that's all :) If you have any monsters with crazy sets, feel free to post it and explain it. Or if you have an idea for a crazy set on an epic/legend, then feel free to share your thoughts about it.

Shadowdragon (604) / Cadurian (606)
Attachments
image.png
image.png (551.94 KiB) Viewed 5635 times
<<

✴Dracopyre

Citizen

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 am

Re: Do you have an epic/legend with a borderline insane setup?

I have an idea for what ur talking and requsting about.

Firstly, your could try a complete fort2/underdog/pega bahamut huild eith weather ability

The reason is with fort layouts in ladder make you a diffucult opponent to budge. Even though another legendary monster or same monster with different talent may counter your fort layout if you have 4 fort monster or at least 1. You have Less weaknesses which means countering your momsters wi be hard.

For example you have a setanic fort2 vs say thundertype. Rofk monster would destroy lighting monster even if it had fort2. If its fort legendary vs counter.. epic legendsry wins allmoet no doubt.

So setsnic could say kill the lighting and even if he races say ppantosorus of a leviathab no matter the talent he has allready taken a good beaten. Made the other monster use up some pp, give it some dmg at least w good chunk taken of etc.

That could make the different between making then opponents monster whom eins more vunrable.

With underdog it will be good in eliminating the oposite element. Say srtica vs behemoth. Behemoth will not 1 hit artica. But even though artic eont die it can weather or pod etc. And then attaco eith 120 move.. since these oel have their weaknesses behemoth is loe defence so artica can 1 hit it. EVEN tho the best weapon to soemthing is its self.. oels vs oel. Their sre other ways to defeat them

Pega and bahamut and the rest of oel have weather ability.. you prob onow what im talking about. These monsters not only have high defence, but great talent which is an overkill. Bahamut tough high dmg and can go first with cunning if weathers dark is up.
Pega is fast i think faster than all of the epics. Making him > any epic and any other legendary slower faster than him or even slower.
For pegs their are counter but they require alot of effort.
My idea would be use angelo or unicorn monster. S grade eith unerve talent and get magic mirror. Usually in my game andriod version with everyones monsters ts high spd 30 statd or 60 stats and low spd to 6. So angelo can actually out spd a strong pegasus if you focus on spd and health ehich is like 220. Pega had 207 i think and Becuase if a pega wants to be strong you have to invest ALOT OF resources or have many. But have some dps sacrifice. But this is my server snd version of haypi o spd isnt even a factor anymore. Due to hard hard stst betting
Purrfection phykik barrier to. But you need some tood stats at least 30+ evething as purrfections till dies 2 hits.. ourrfection deals roughly 2/3 of petas health after gettjng hit u dwr weather
Another way is angelo anothet use of it. Pega uses magic dmg. So unerve tslent angeli s grade can work unerve basically makes pega deal as much dmg as angelo. Pega has ljkd 210 matk. Angelo has 160 pega may also have 198 mdef so. If you mathematically see this 30 percent of 210 is 63 minus it from 210 its 150 dmg.. and the differenfe in defence cab slightly differ to the rest of the methkd kf killing pega.

Angelo eith 45+ stat bet pe4 stat bet can withstabd 3 hits eith phykil trhust. Angelo can 3 hit pega. And according to the monster turn layout. pegasus having weather or phykio barrier you can use Angeli mayic mirror or soemthing.
For non of those talebt.. since angelo oesnt have weather ability. Pega will spend a turn changing the weather to bring the magci effect. And by this logic if your angeli doesnt outrun pega... u technically go first. It goes pegs weathet..angelo mind bend. Pega phykik thurst angelo phykik thrust. And im pretty sure no matter the talent if angelo survives at least 2 hits angelo wins in this sitation.. my angelo 40 stst bet takes 2 hits exactky and dies with a s grade oega +6 abilitlies. And wheb it dies it does 1/4 dmg sith mind bend. Imagine under weather and if it had phkyik thrust/ and plus 6 abikities. Yeah pega not so strong right. But still it still op.

Pega can be countered by oel that are slower and have instsnt wrathe talent to.

Bahamut i dknt have to say. It can go first with cunning and high defence. Same like pega.

My main point would be go for the Shadow type oel/or pega.
Or have some fort builds and underdog.

PEGA > Bahamut> other oel > EVERY other epic element... most of time 90+%

You should run for the shadow phykik legendary types.
This game is about counter or best fit in adapted situation
This is why fort2 even ehen facing a monster that counteres yours you still give s beating. It can really mess up your oppone ts layout especislly if your last person you face is weaker thsn you. You can use that also to your advantage of mysterious layout. Like if you get attacked in ladder attack back but not at last sef or you cud lose and for 10 mjns be overtakeb and lose extrs points etc.

Bahamut/Shadow can be useful with magic users cunning wekanes magic def and bahamut with weather is deadly and 2 hits most epics and possibly weak legendsries like cerberus. So a layout could be shadow type magic type/phykik type ... then soemthing that could change the ga e like a strong fire type as clawpard inverse so far is the only monster epic whom can stand up to bahamut or pega lol. And for the fire u could have fort becusse clawpard still die horendouesly to a strong legendary fire or even epic. Noe thibk ehat could counter this fort firetype? think stages ahead sphirex has low magicdef like griffon to physical attacks. So why not maybe even give sphriex firebomb(matk ability) deals with low magic def) and supe4firebomb/Fireblast to deal as much dmg to los phyisical defence monsters.
Sometimes giving a fort monster Pod can be good as vs counter in ladder the monster whom is countering wont use pod unless theirs another weather thats different from its element. So that gives you the advsntsges in that fight.
Punishment can be used to also counter pod monster even eith opositr element which is why it csn help its counter.

This game on ladder is all about, power level. Mystery, countering and then luck.
If your as strong or close as strong as someone then you wont have to worry about luck but keeping your defences. Its a constsnt battle of defence and a good defence is a good offense. The mystery blends inneitht the supprize of different monster or unepxected.. so regular checks in ladder can help.with the keeping of your position. Allways check what position you are and if your in battle just sleak soemtimes u nust eed to knos if youve been overtaken in ladder and ur name wi show rank. When ever your attacked by someone on ladder especially someone weaker than you. Dknt worry about fighting him if he loses as wheh he does best you. You can wait ti he does and then. Think for a sec. Why did he beat me? He must of countered me or got lucky.. which is why when your retake it you can easily predict what might have gone wrong. Oh my first monster was fort setanic the only monster that can beat that is pegs bahsmut etc. And recognizing your opponent is Key to laddwr success. If you knoe soenones basic layout.. they will usua have those monsters mainly most situstion to prevent weaker players. So meaning you can easily predict whihc monster are when.
<<

✴Dracopyre

Citizen

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:06 am

Ok i cannot delete log ass post lol

Look for layouts/talent/abilites/Build/Monsters with least weaknesses.
Epic monster are not worth it as they have significsly poorer stats then legendaries and talent are worser.so for your main team leave out epics. They can easily be countered. They are slow as hell.

Knowledge of the people attacking you csn help so reflect on what you knoe about your competitors.

Constsnt check of ladder. So incase someones is a
Taking or attemlting for your position.
Changing monsters if you keep getting attacked and they fail to shock them. If you attacked and win anyone on ladder if your number 1 ur last sucess attenpt is your monster layout and you can use this to output your best monsters in the best layout especally if you kneo ur stronger than someone.

Another thing is Variety of monsters and talents. Even though i said aviod epics thats just for being able to counter a monster. Not actually having it as ur team but to help you retake number 1. Or whatever number spot.

Variety such as the main talents. My inverse clawpard soemtimes iwins and loses vs bahamut. It has low stwt bet but if it wasnr for my clawpard inverse iw ould never be able to defeat a player named couettou for number 1. And even if he attacks me i can change layout by attacking a weaker player so incase next time he try counter attack me i have it changed and i cud also think what he has that can counter me and switch to those counters and counter those or soemthing.
<<

Akaitsuki

Beginner

Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 pm

This is an interesting thread there are a lot of fun combinations to try out that are a bit unorthodox.

Having curse + soak soak soak isn't THAT rare or uncommon hell in my updated guide i have that same set up except using Water Theraphy to heal up faster with 2 soaks and rain prayer.

The only thing i found weird about your post is that you claim that this leviathan of yours can stop Gryph or Planto.

WTF??

Does your server have really realy really weak planto and gryph users? Because even my neon and 1 hit kill this type of Leviathan. In fact my Neon and 1 hit kill any leviathan that isn't using Fort 2, and without rain this will be done in 2 hits which soak can't save you from specially if my monster PoDs at any point.

Curse takes away 25% of the opponent's life that gives Gryph or Planto 4 turns to end you. Unless they are extremely weak I just can't see how Leviathan can win that fight. Unless Levi gets really lucky with some dodging.

Planto specially can cast Sun and since you have no Rain Prayer you will die in 1 hit from Sun + Solar Beam.
<<

✴Dracopyre

Citizen

Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 pm

Akaitsuki wrote:This is an interesting thread there are a lot of fun combinations to try out that are a bit unorthodox.

Having curse + soak soak soak isn't THAT rare or uncommon hell in my updated guide i have that same set up except using Water Theraphy to heal up faster with 2 soaks and rain prayer.

The only thing i found weird about your post is that you claim that this leviathan of yours can stop Gryph or Planto.

WTF??

Does your server have really realy really weak planto and gryph users? Because even my neon and 1 hit kill this type of Leviathan. In fact my Neon and 1 hit kill any leviathan that isn't using Fort 2, and without rain this will be done in 2 hits which soak can't save you from specially if my monster PoDs at any point.

Curse takes away 25% of the opponent's life that gives Gryph or Planto 4 turns to end you. Unless they are extremely weak I just can't see how Leviathan can win that fight. Unless Levi gets really lucky with some dodging.

Planto specially can cast Sun and since you have no Rain Prayer you will die in 1 hit from Sun + Solar Beam.

No, i have no idea where ur getting these ideas.
I said leviathan can bet griffon even with rain power attack. Becuase fort reduces dmg ridiclously and the facf that when a monster counters another it usually never pods. So levi will have pod. Fort and the upperhand and be faster
<<

Shadowdragon

Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Akaitsuki wrote:This is an interesting thread there are a lot of fun combinations to try out that are a bit unorthodox.

WTF??

Assuming this was directed to me, I'll answer.

I actually did not state that Stall Levi is rare or anything, I stated that I would like to see or talk about sets that looks unpractical on paper, but actually serves a great purpose. I believe this kind of Levi comes down to that section.
And secondly, what I meant with: "This set can render things like Planto and Gryph useless, if those two give you trouble." (assuming that is what made you confused), I basically meant that using Curse on them, when they switch-in, will cripple them very badly, because they'd likely expect: Rain Prayer or PoD. This will both be a surprise factor, and amazing at crippling because: It's likely very few players (or no-one)will expect curse on a Levi, and Gryph and Planto will have limited turns, since they both don't usually have a way to replenish their hp or remove their curse debuff (Sun- and Water Therapy-ll isn't as good as their other talents, while Photosynthesis, Cleansing Powder and Memory Wipe have usually no space on a "normal" set of them). And you would of course not just stay mindlessly in agaisnt them after you Curse. :p
If you have anything to say about it, feel free to say so.
<<

✴Dracopyre

Citizen

Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Ide like to share my perfect monster layoutdream if buying gold vkns wasnt buged.

Chimera adrenaline/heatwave
Pod, sun, Sfire bomb and fire bomb.

Planto fortitufe/ behemoth heatwave.
Pod sun, solar smite x2./posio leaves

Bahamut weather/ res
Insta weather - cunning, nightfall, shadowswipe. switch hit
res: pod, fire blast/Bomb/ dream theft,/ curse/ pnnishment

Pegasues
Stormkid,
Pyskio thrustx2, switch hit weather

Res
Weather, psyhkik thrustx2 soak

Furstly
Ok a adrenaline monster like cerberer that has high atk. When on d rampage it becomednso strong.
Since sphirex and cerberyd hsve weak mdef. And counter is usualy rockor water type.
Next i the line up shud be plant ad plant counteres rock and water plus
Bahamut next cuz it bahamut has cunning snd if ut dies cunning nagic de reduction stays gsurenting a 1 hit from pegasus.
pega last becuz it enefits from bahamts cunning.
<<

Akaitsuki

Beginner

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:58 am

Using curse isn't that rare, if players in your server dont use it then that's their mistake. Curse is a great move can be found on almost any monster. I personally love adding curse and sleeping abilities to my monsters, also confusion abilities are great.

Curse is a bit tricky however, you never want to use it against monsters that can possibly 1 hit kill you or even 2 hit kill you. Because that puts your monster at risk of losing half his health and then being killed right away while the enemy now has 4 turns to kick your ass.

Use curse on monsters that you know you can't possibly defeat, or against monsters that you are certain wont kill you after your health drops, allowing you time to heal.

Curse against Planto and Gryph (both which can kill a leviathan in 1-2 hits) is a very risky proposition. IF you have Fort 2 on this levi then why are you even using curse?? A much better move is to give Levi Cunning +6, this allows it to TANK all attacks from gryph or planto while dealing greater and greater damage to them in return.

But I guess the thread is about 'unusual' tactics in which sense i guess yes this can work.

Most of my unusual tactics rely on playing dual duel which i find to be the most fun mode next to 2v2. When you can have chemistry between monsters it increases the possibilities for good strategy. Using 2 meniss and building a NIGHTMARE team is really fun, having meniss put enemies to sleep and slowly draining them with nightmare. LOLz, or sleep then drain their pp with multiple swindle LOL.

Verte with Pressure + Meniss with Swindle is funn fun fun

Return to General Discussion