FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (1.1.4)

<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (1.1.4)

*Note: If you are looking for one main thing and don't have time to read this all, you can try to use a "Find" or "Search" button on your Internet bowser (Ctrl + F = Find) to find the main thing your looking for.*

WHAT IS HAYPI FISH

Haypi Fish is the 3rd game made by haypi co., ltd and the 2nd mmo made by them.

More info :
viewtopic.php?f=427&t=12198 - Thomas's post about it
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/haypi-fi ... 85054?mt=8 - App store
http://www.haypi.com/fishiphone/ - Haypi Fish help tab
HOW TO PLAY

Haypi Fish is a game all about breeding/raising fish, entering contests, sending drift bottles, making friends, decorating your underwater home and most importantly having fun.

When you start the game you will get a bit of help on how to play.
For more help go to ->"My info" -> "Support" or keep reading.

However in case you haven't played it yet or would like it more explained...

2 fish.jpg
2 fish.jpg (144.64 KiB) Viewed 16210 times

1. This is all your fish's mood. When their mood is unhappy they grow much slower. You can make your fish more happy by decorating your home better and with more things.

2. Like ThunderBall and Kingdom this game also has a news building like thing. You get news from this, like coin sells and such.
With update 1.1 you can now see who's visited your home and who's added you to their contact list, etc.

3. This is how much food your fish eat per hour. Buying food for your fish keeps this in + however food only lasts for so long and then they are gone. Make sure your fish always have something to eat!

4. This is your Level, name and exp (Experience).
You get more exp by doing tasks, wining contests, raising fish, Buying stuff and cleaning your (and others) home.
*Note: Please read This for a guide on how to level up fast by arythy*

Tap this to go to "My info".

5. This is your money and coins. You earn money by wining contests, selling fish and doing tasks. Money can be used to buy fish, decorations, seaweed and also breed fish.
Coins can be earned by doing tasks, winning contest, getting drift bottles, or buying them with real money. Coins can be used to speed up things and buy stuff.
You can also earn money that your fish makes by taping them, more on this in "14".

6. This is your mailbox. They have upgraded the mailbox in this game (from haypi kingdom). To view letters you have saved tap "saved". Private mail is where letters from other players go. System is where letters like "Spent Coin" and "Task reward" go.

*Note: Forgot to add...decorations/adornments!

Theses are super important stuff! They make your fish haypi!
If you fish isn't happy they won't grow as fast, and if they don't grow as fast that means that they eat more, and that means they need more seaweed, and THAT means not as much money! Not happy fish = Less profit for selling your fish = Less money for you. :P

Tap and hold on them to move or sell them. A decoration is right by 9. so you can see what one looks like*

7. This is the main menu. Tap it to open it.

8. These are your breeding slots. More on this will be added soon.
The top one is for breeding normally and the one below it is for breeding with "friends".

9. This is your home's wall. You can upgrade your home to add more room for fish, decorations, home's size, Seaweed count. You can also upgrade your fence to reduce the damage taken from shark attacks and make it look much better.

10. This is a fish. Tap on it for info about it.

11. Decorations/adornments!

Theses are super important stuff! They make your fish haypi!
If you fish isn't happy they won't grow as fast, and if they don't grow as fast that means that they eat more, and that means they need more seaweed, and THAT means not as much money! Not happy fish = Less profit for selling your fish = Less money for you. :P

Tap and hold on them to move or sell them.

12. Seaweed. For more info reread "3".

13. This is the fishing contest. More on this later on in the guide.

14. This is like a finder for the fish that will give you money.

Fish will give you money from time to time by taping them you will collect the money. As far as I've seen only fish in the "youth" and "adult" stage will give money. Tap a fish and look by the picture of it to see a timer that will tell you when it will next give you money.

15. This is the shipwreck. Tap it every day for a reward.

16. This lets you move around.

17. This lets you move the view.

Now, lets look at the main menu!

1 fish.jpg
1 fish.jpg (140.07 KiB) Viewed 16210 times

Shop: Where you buy fish, adornments for your home and seaweed. With update 1.4 you can now buy very quickly making it easy to buy mass quantities of fish. It also, added new fish to buy.

My fish: This is where you can view your fish. You can sort them in the order you want.

My info: My info lets you view the help tab, upgrade your home and fence, view your level and how much exp you need to level up, look at your seaweed count and see how much votes you have for your home.

My info is very useful. Not only does it let you upgrade your home (Giving you more room for everything) it also lets you see the great help tab! But of course if your reading this you may not need the help tab...

Task: This is where you can do fun tasks. The rewards are good too!

There are daily tasks that you can do everyday and normal tasks that cannot be redone when the reward has been taken.

Daily tasks:

Spend Coins: Can be completed easily by: Speeding up fish growing time, buying nets or Restoring Breed CD.

Say hi to your neighbor: Can be completed easily by: Throwing a drift bottle or picking one up and replying to it.

Vote on your friend's home: Can be completed easily by: Going to a friends home and voting on it (Did you really need me to tell you? :P )

Visit the shipwreck, just tap the shipwreck by your home and you'll get reward.

Friends:This is where people you have refereed by email go.
More on this soon.

Contact: Basically its a "add friend" like thing. You put in someones name and then you can chat with them in private chat and go to their home or send them a letter from the contact tab.
You can also view random contacts to find random people!
(A good idea is to add the top players (Find them in rankings) to your contacts so you can find them easier as they most the time have great fish for you to breed with)

Chat: This is where you can chat with other players. Channel is like a group chat, anyone who knows has the name of the channel can join and talk.
In private chat you can chat with people in your contacts list without other people seeing it.
There is a 10 second limit between messages.

Drift bottle: Drift bottles are bottles with messages from other players.
They can be found in your home from time to time.
You can leave own message by taping "reply". You can save bottles by taping "Favorite" then view them by going to -> Main menu -> Drift bottle.
You can also reply in your favorite bottles.
You can start a new bottle by going to "Throw" and putting in your message.

Contest: Contests are competitions that you can enter your fish (Excluding fishing contest) in. The better your fish's stats are the better it will do! When the contest is over a new one will start and you can view the winers of the contest by going to history. If you win a prize you will be sent a letter telling you you have won and what your prize is. Also, winers places 1-3 will get a gold fish trophy.

Fishing contest, is a contest where you try to catch fish by throwing nets at them.
You get 10 free nets a day and can buy 50 more for 5 coins.
You will receive a notification when you can get your next 10 free nets.

There are three rankings.
1. Exp/Level rank.
2. Money rank.
3. Votes rank.

Collection: Displays a collection of fish pictures.
Also, shows the fish you have owned and to the number of stars you have had in that fish.

Buy Coins: Here you can buy more coins. They cost the same as in haypi kingdom.

Now that we're done with that...

Lets look at the menu for Other peoples homes
GuideFish 3.jpg
GuideFish 3.jpg (115.04 KiB) Viewed 16210 times

Again from left to right.

Fish: This is where you can view this persons fish.
Helpful for finding the fish you want to breed with.

Friends: Same as before. (Its a shortcut so you can go to the next person faster)

Vote: This is where you can vote on peoples homes!

You can vote +1 or -1. It could change where they are in the votes rankings so be careful and nice!

Pollute: This lets you throw trash in to peoples homes. It doesn't get you anything, after all trashing peoples homes isn't nice! :P
However, it gets them 1 Exp for picking it up.

Home: Takes you back to your home.

The Fish

1. Shows the happiness of the fish.

2. This tells you how much money you will receive if you sell the fish.

3. How much food the fish eats per hour.

4. The fish's Strength stat (In this case. It can also be Speed or Beauty). It helps it in wresting contest (Or Racing for speed, or Beauty)

5. The fish's intelligence stat. It helps it in all contests.

6. The fish's luck stat. It helps it in all contests.

7. A speed up item for speeding the fish to its next age stage. It cost coins. The prices depend on A. how much the fish as already aged and B. The fish (Rarer fish cost more).

8. A fish icon that shows you what Age level the fish is in.
Childhood stage, cannot enter contest or breed. Selling a fish in this stage will not get much money.
Youth stage, can enter contest and can breed.
Adult stage, can enter contest and can breed. The stage between Youth and elderly.
Elderly stage, cannot do anything. Just for looking at or selling.

9. Every time you open the fish menu you'll see one of these "Fish quotes" They can be anything from a joke to words of wisdom.

10. The fish's "Stars" they increase the fish's money from selling, makes it higher in the fish rankings, and increases the fish's stats.
You get more stars by breeding. It takes time, effort, and luck.

11. This shows the fish's picture and sometimes displays a timer telling you how long till the fish can give money again.

12. This will move the camera to where the fish is.

13. This lets you sell the fish...I hope you knew that...

14. Umm...It closes the fish menu...

And thats it of "How to Play". You should now fully understand how to play haypi fish. Lets move on to the next section.

TIPS

The "tips" are a helpful bit of knowledge that appear when you start the game.
Here is a collection of all the tips within the game.
*Note: This is not all of them, at least not yet. But you can help! Post below with ss of a tip, pm me with one, or send me one in the palringo group "Haypi Fish" . All of these will help. Helpers will get their name in the "Credits" part of this guide*

"Do you want to obtain fish with more stars? Breed fish with your friends fish that have more stars. This will create better quality offspring."
"The trophies you win in the contests will be lined up on the outside of your fence."
"Breeding with fish that have more stars will give you a better chance at obtaining more valuable fish"
"If you have any questions, click on "My info-Support" to get more details."
"When you're out of money, the best option is to enter fishing contest.
"Throwing drift bottle is a good method of communication between people. It carries your information all over the world."
"There will be more valuable fish in the fishing competition on the weekends or holidays.

*Note: This will be updated whenever see a new one.*

FISH QUOTES

Here is a collection of all the fish quotes in the game. All hand-copied from the game.
*Note: This is not all of them, yet. But you can help! Post below with ss of a fish quote, pm me with one, or send me one in the palringo group "Haypi Fish" . All of these will help. Helpers will get their name in the "Credits" part of this guide*

"If you are ever in trouble, don't try to be brave, just run, just run away."
"I love waking up in the morning and not knowing what's going to happen, or who I'm going to meet, where I'm going to wind up."
"The wise never marry, and when they marry they become otherwise."
"Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?"
"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."
"When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world."
"Work fascinates me. I can look at it for hours!"
"The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know the more you forget. the more you forget, the less you know. so why bother to learn"
"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidentally-like on a breeze."
"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience."
"Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives."
"There should be a better way to start a day then waking up every morning."
"You know some birds are not meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright."
"Don't bother just to be better then your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better then yourself."
"You cry, I cry... you laugh, I laugh... you jump off a cliff, I laugh even harder."
"One should love animals. They are so testy."
"Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
"Miracles happen every day."
"When I was born I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!"
"Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two."
"Children in backseats cause accidents. Accidents in backseats cause children."
"Imagination is more important then knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

*Note: This will be updated whenever see a new one.*

OTHER GUIDES

How to Level up Fast - Arythy

GUIDE UPDATES

Update: Thu Aug 25, 1:10 pm.
Fixed spelling errors and added minor things.

Update: Fri Aug 26, 10:01 am.
Fixed viewing error and added more minor things.

Update: Sat Aug 27, 3:14 am
Added Arythy's guide to "other guides". Haypi fish help tab added to "more info".

Update: Sat Aug 27, 7:41 am
Made easier to view.

Update: Sun Aug 28, 6:51 am
Very minor stuff.

Update: Mon Aug 29, 7:57 am
Even more minor stuff...
Maybe I should start saying what the "Minor stuff" is....

Update: Wed Aug 31, 4:44 pm
Oh no I missed a few days!
Well, anyway the update 1.1 came out today so I updated the guide for all of that.

Update: Sun Sep 04, 2:00 pm
Missed more days -_-
Added more stuff I found out... :D

Update: Sun Sep 04, 2:35 pm
Two updates in a day! Yay!
Added Nathan05 comment.

Update: Mon Sep 05, 2:36 am
Added stuff.

Update: Tue Sep 06, 7:40 am
Fixed a few things.

Update: Sun Sep 11, 1:10 pm
Not much. Big Updates will be added soon

Update: Thu Oct 20, 2:56 pm
Big update. Added, "Fish" "Tips" "Fish quotes" "Credits". Updated many parts of the guide and redid some things. I'm happy to say that the guide is now 1.0!

Update: Mon Oct 24, 10:56 am
Updated for the new HF 1.4.

Next guide update will be about...

Umm, give me some ideas....

CREDITS

All the people who help make this guide possible.
*Note: Sorry If I didn't include your name, I may have forgot*

All of haypi for making this wonderful game.
Betty (Fish support).
Nathan05
Arythy

END

Haypi Fish is a wonderful game!
Download it. You won't regret it.

Please comment.

Hope this helped! Have fun with Haypi fish! -Link209
Last edited by Link209 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Lurking. Send me a pm if ya want to talk :)

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide
<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (Incomplete)

I'm sure there is TONS of confuseing stuff.

Its in VERY beta mode right now.

It may not look like much but it was hours of work...

I need to rest...I'll edit it tomorrow...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

<<

Nathan05

King

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (Incomplete)

the photos only half appear i would rotate them then upload to photobucket then re enter the img code and put all the numbers in the new positions so as to make it easier for people to follow
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (VERY Incomplete)

Nathan05 wrote:the photos only half appear i would rotate them then upload to photobucket then re enter the img code and put all the numbers in the new positions so as to make it easier for people to follow

Thats what did the first time. Try now.

Yes, yes bad editing I know... I'm not sure I could make them "easier for people to follow" but I'll work on it.

Also, thanks for all the comments people (not) :P .

Can everyone see the ss now?

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

<<

Romper75

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:50 am

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (0.4.3) (Updated Everyday!)

I want this so bad!!
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (0.4.5) (Updated Everyday!)

Great guide Link! This seems to bring the Beginner's Guide to completion, along with more detail on each point. I hope I'll be looking down at you on the hiscores soon! >;-)
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (0.5.9) (Updated Everyday!)

As the game is now coming out all over the world and the game has been updated, I have updated my guide with tons of new stuff!

:D :D :D :D

Tell me what ya think.

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

<<

Nathan05

King

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (0.6) (Updated Everyday!)

in your sollectio it shows the fish you have owned and to the number of stars you have had that fish

you can edit that in
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (0.6) (Updated Everyday!)

Nathan05 wrote:in your sollectio it shows the fish you have owned and to the number of stars you have had that fish

you can edit that in

Thanks, I'll add that in.

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

<<

SnoLeopard

Citizen

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:22 am

Re: Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide (0.6.1) (Updated Everyday!)

Great guid link ;) I hVe read yours, arthy's, and haypis beginner guide. Hopefully I am prepared when it becomes free :) keep up good work. Can't wait for update on fish!!!
Don't need coins.
Next

Return to General Discussion