More Than A Game

Moderator: Shadetale

<<

Caliee

Citizen

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:46 pm

More Than A Game

More Than A Game

We all have our reasons to play Haypi. Some just enjoy the basic concept of the game, others play striving to climb the ranks and best opponents. In the beginning I could be described as both types of player but over time have realized that it's friendship that keeps me active. 
Recently my brother passed away who also played haypi and enjoyed it very much. After the announcement of the create new account task I referred him to the game. My account was placed on s27 and he started on 28. We were both disappointed about not being on the same server but he went on to make a name for himself there (with my guidance of corse!). 
Family dinners consisted of basic typical smalltalk but quickly developed into battle strategies, best army types, and tales of wars and city stealing. While the rest of the family stared blankly at us, we continued long after the table was cleared.  
A server marge was announced which included our servers becoming one. Both of us were very excited about being able to help each other and chat on the same server(instead of interrupting the others game play with texts and phone calls, haha). With him leading a top 5 alliance, named after the alliance I began on s4 and carried over to s27, and me being in the top alliance on my server, I was torn in two different directions. 
This was a decision I never had to make. Shortly before the merge he was involved in an accident which took his life. After spending days back home with my parents, I spent the first night alone at my house.  Haypi was always an escape for me, a place to go without leaving home to relax and chat after a long day of work. I wasn't sure if I could log back on, but then I   remembered a good friend of his who I had never really spoke with, but knew he talked to her daily. She had a right to know, just as much as his friends in real life. 
I got in touch with her on palringo and told her what had happened. As you can imagine she was devastated. 
We spent quite some time sharing stories of him which made me feel better in a way. The next day I logged on haypi and my mail box was flooded with kind words from people I never met, but knew him well. 
I have played haypi for a year now, made friends, enemies, and acquaintances alike. I never expected to feel the compassion, respect, and love that I did that day, especially from people on a game. 
I want to thank every single one of you that knew this player from the bottom of my heart. Friends and foes alike, you are the reason he played and the reason I will continue to play.
No mater the emotion Haypi brings out in you-happiness, joy, excitement, compassion, envy, love, or even anger we all have our reasons to play. 
<<

Darkrider

Beginner

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: More Than A Game

That's very touching... Thanks for sharing it really means a lot to hear about other people and know they are always here for u.
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 am

Great article Caliee! I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, though. :(
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:25 am

I'm so sorry Caliee.
Beware the Artesians!!
<<

Blaze963

Beginner

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:18 am

That's tragic. Keep your chin up though kiddo:) Just remember that life is sacred and short. Live every day like it's your last and keep your brother with you through it all
Hate. It's a strong word used more often than it should. Spread the love and have a Haypi time
<<

Shaunna

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:46 am

Beautiful caliee  wonderful way to remember your brother.
<<

HRH

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:33 pm

This gave me goosebumps! I'm so sorry for your loss, you write beautifully, look forward to playing with you on s69 :)
S104- Promise, S109- HRH, S69- Yingy69

<<

Complicate

Marquis

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:23 am

Touching. Beyond what I expected.
For Better or for worse.

Sincerely,

Complicate
<<

Caliee

Citizen

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and continued support. It's been a few weeks and I'm doing MUCH better. Writing has always been an outlet to express my emotions but I hardly ever share that. With all the friends he had here I thought that I owed it to them to share the story and let them know. This may be just a game to some, but each and every one of you guys have impacted my life more than you will ever know! 
Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the letters, pm's, and prayers!

Rest in peace RJ. 
<<

ShyRose

Post Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 am

Thank you Caliee. You deserved to win.
I still miss him everyday. Was my best Haypi friend and so much more. Our new alliance is dedicated to him. He hasn't been forgotten by any of us.
Rose
Next

Return to Haypi Events