FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Suggestions

<<

Distant

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:39 am

My Suggestions

Alright, so I've been playing Haypi Monster 3 for the past months now and it's honestly one of the only Haypi games that has kept my attention for this long. Needless to say, I really dig this game, but I do have a few criticisms (for now).

Paralyze: So I have a Fright. It usually gives a mon Paralyze whenever it uses Lightning. The thing is, Paralyze doesn't really do anything. It doesn't slower speed, nor have I ever seen it forfeit a mon's turn. It honestly feels like it has no use, which is disappointing because you have amazingly brutal status conditions like Poison and Bleeding. It definitely needs to be buffed.

The Dungeon's Step System: Now don't get me wrong, I love the new dungeon system. It really does help me (as a player) a hell of a lot despite it being RNG-based. BUT, they seemed to have created a cap on the amount of steps you have each day. This is understandable and it would work if only the steps started at a set number (like 100) and would begin to make more steps until it reached a cap (like 150 maybe).

How the step system works now (from my experiences, I don't know for certain) is if someone were to use up all of their steps for the day, the revival time would just stop. Then it would work again once a new day has begun. So instead of instantly going to town on another daily dungeon, you'd have to constantly wait for more steps to appear. I'd like for the system to be changed to the suggestion I've provided.

The In-App Purchases: I've considered buying something from this game because it's one of the only Haypi monster games that hasn't shooed me away with its difficulty spikes. But upon looking into some of the prices and comparing it to what I'd be getting, it wasn't something I particularly liked. Now to be fair, I'm a skinflint and an American, so naturally I'm always skeptical about the value of what I'm buying. And when I see a $49.99 price tag on 100 coins and 5 measly Porthos's, I do find that to be a bit ridiculous (but this might just be me being cheap). And a few weeks back, I could never recall seeing any in-app purchase being 99 cents, which I thought was kind of dumb. Though fortunately, I found the Junior Bundle 1 which has 400k silver, 2 Superiors and 2 Crispys for only $0.99. That's not bad! But UNfortunately, it's a limited "deal" so you can only buy it once. The ONLY $0.99 price is a limited offer, that's just a poor choice in my opinion.

Ladder: I remember flat out disliking this feature in Lost Tower because I just wasn't a fan of ladder tournaments. So the Ladder in HM3 is one of my least favorite aspects of this game. For starters, the ladder never refreshes. So if your monster team never improved and the players within your ladder range are stronger than you, than tough luck for you.
This is definitely a pain for those who really want to get the Flaming Gloves (which I believe are only in the Ladder Store) and have to wait to receive enough rank points to obtain it. The Ladder as a whole is very cheap with the rank points. It should either be improved upon or just get cut out entirely.

Player Interaction: This one is definitely an opinion that I'm sure not many of you will agree on, but hear me out. While I like the chat in the game and find the players who use the chat to be FAR less egregious like the Lost Tower chat, it still feels vacant to me. Like, right after you disregard the in-game chat there is hardly anything as far as communication goes for HM3. There's no specific Reddit for it, there's hardly any YouTubers talking about this game, and the official forum is seemingly dead. It's really a shame, especially seeing how lively the chat can be. I know there are people playing this game, and maybe people who are fans of these games, but it seems like the game's fanbase is EMPTY. Hopefully, this forum can become lively once more so that more people might end up joining this pretty good mobile game.

TL;DR: Buff Paralyze, Make a better step system in the Dungeons, Be more generous with the in-app purchases, Remove Ladder, And For The Love Of God Be A More Interactive Playerbase.
<<

CoreHatesJews

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:46 am

Re: My Suggestions

Lol no wtf

Don’t remove ladder, just revert it to what it was in the previous games, it’s what kept me playing the old games and what motivated people to improve their monsters, other than ladder there was no real point in improvement as you’d just mindlessly stack 4 executions on tanky mobs for maps

Return to Suggestions