Broken aspects of the game

Moderators: support1, support9

<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:40 am

Broken aspects of the game

Haypi,

I’ve come to the conclusion that the game is broken and has several aspects of the game that are not very well thought out.

Embassies
What’s the point? This is a nice idea, but it’s not very useful.
Someone can only request help while under attack.
Someone else in the alliance needs to notice the request for help and send troops.
The troops need to march over the large map at a very slow speed.
Still requires crop to send the troops. If I don’t have crops, then I guess I can’t send help.
The amount of troops that can be sent is useless against large players. (like Lovely_day)
In the time it takes for someone to request the help and get troops to help, the attack is most likely done and over with long before the embassy troops arrive.
Speeding up the march doesn’t make sense since it’s a time % based speedup and if the other players city is long distance (which is VERY likely with the size of the map), it could take hours to get help. Meanwhile, the average attack is usually less than 10 minutes. Unless they warp next to you, then you have NO time.

All of this makes the embassy,,, Useless….
Unless players can add troops to a pool of embassy troops to defend alliance members without needing to request them to be sent from the far reaches of the map and have instant access to them, this is a useless add-on to the game that doesn’t help anyone. It seems it was only added to get players to spend coins on speedups that don’t even help.

If this feature is to stay, it needs a MAJOR redo.
Add the ability for alliance members to help without the person being attacked to request it. Meaning, if someone is sleeping, the alliance can help protect their cities and resources.
This needs to be a large pool of troops that can be instantly used by alliance leadership and not limited to 3 people who may be on the other side of the map and can only send a couple thousand troops. Give the alliance a joint embassy where they can send troops for assisting with defending alliance members. Then give alliance leadership access to deploy them if they see a member getting attacked and get rid of the marching time and troop limitations.
Maybe then it MIGHT be worth using these.

The Crusader contest
This REALLY isn’t fair.
When this contest is running, there IS NO WAY TO PROTECT YOUR TROOPS.
If you get attacked by a large player (and you will)
You lose troops if you defend.
You lose troops if you don’t defend.
You lose troops if you send them to a royal ruin
You lose troops if they take your city. Since players can now drop cities, this is happening a LOT.
There is basically no place safe for your troops unless you put them all in your main city and go into War Refuse… Then only your main city is safe but all your other cities can be taken and dropped.
All this contest has done is caused even more players to quit the game.
Oh,,, the more players that quit the game, the less people that actually buy those over-priced coins.
So all this time we spent building up our armies can be pretty much ruined while we sleep or work.
NOBODY LIKES THAT.
They are not going to spend another few weeks or months rebuilding. They are just going to go find another game to play. I’ve played other war games, and this is by far the worst in terms of what players can steal from you since there is no protection and when you lose something, it’s gone.

Map size
All this did was make people mad because you slowed down the troops at the same time and increased the cost to speedup.
Speed the troops back up to their normal speed if the map is going to stay this size and reduce the crop needed to send them places.
I’m not going to sit glued to my phone while waiting for an attack to land someplace an hour after I sent it.

Locking resources when attacked?
What’s the point in this?
If someone attacks you, your resources are locked.
You can’t build troops to defend with.
You can’t build city defenses
You can’t donate to the alliance
You can’t hide it on the market
You just lose it if the attacker wins, and since the attacker can see exactly what you have for troops, it’s likely you will lose.
To lock up resources is just terrible.
Allow people to use it or donate it before the attack lands.
If the amount locked is big enough, you can’t even use it to send your troops to safety or launch a counter-attack.
You gave all the advantage to the attackers and really hurt people defending.

Alliance seeing EVERY attack
This is nice, but also very bad at the same time.
I would like my attacks to only be made public when I choose.
Allow people to turn off the visibility of who they are attacking. I like to keep my farm list a secret.

Game updates that don’t address the EXISTING issues or fix anything.
It seems the game updates are always introducing new ways to kill your troops or force people to spend coins while the existing issues or broken aspects of the game are ignored entirely.
World boss – STILL not back in the game. It’s been several months now…
Alliance mail – STILL can’t type more than a single paragraph. This was an issue back in the beta, and still not fixed.
Can’t translate mail – If you’re going to have Asian and English speaking players on the same server, you could at least allow people to understand what the others are saying. The chat translator SORTA works,,, but mail translate is impossible.
Player suggestions – Why ask for input from the players if you’re just going to ignore them and do something totally different?
Game updates – When you completely change the game in a way that changes city defense, troops, etc… You should put the whole map into War Refuse when the server comes back online with the new version. If the game comes back online while people are sleeping or working, they risk losing their cities because of bugs or changes. This is very unfair and has made people quit.
Game updates 2 – Don’t launch a major update on a Friday!!! Seriously. Launch it on a Monday so you can be there to support the game if it doesn’t work as intended. The game was down for a WHOLE DAY after this last patch. Did nobody even test it? Why didn’t anyone notice this? Nobody was compensated for loss of wasted coins on VIP or other buffs that were wasted…
Support for the game – Is almost non-existent. There is no support for the game. When you select the support button in the game a write something, the other person almost always argues that it’s your own fault and never compensates for losses and always has a copy/paste reply that says “I’ll let the developers know”… This is junk. Get people supporting the game that actually care about the players.
Protection from rude or over-powering players – Still no way to protect yourself if Lovely_day comes after you. He doesn’t need your resources, he’s just trying to be rude. Players like him and the lack of protection from players like him is a huge contributor in the games downfall. Every game update seems to benefit the more powerful players that have endless streams of coins. (Where is he getting his coins?)

I can keep going, but it’s getting late and I think this is enough for now.

Haypi,
You have ignored your players.
Every game update is just another way to spend more coins.
None of the game updates ever address existing issues and always just introduce new ones.
You’ve made a game that had a lot of potential to be huge… and killed it out of greed.
It’s sad to see this happen to a game that had a lot going for it.
<<

support9

Elite

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:09 am

Re: Broken aspects of the game

Dear player,

You've done a marvelous and sincere work on this. Thanks for being earnest.

On the new feature, Embassy, there are other considerations. For example, how to make it as a real attack if we ignore the marching time. And if we count the marching time in, there are cases of troops from far away as you mentioned which could be masty. We'll figure out if there're better solutions for it. And your idea of joint embassy is actually a good one.

Same situation applies to marching speed-up and locking resources. We might be focusing on one side and then other inadequacies emerge.

It is 100% clear that without players' devotion, a game can't survive. To gain the devotion, endless perfection is a must. We're happy only if players are happy :lol:

Best
Jane
Haypi Team

Return to Suggestions