FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Oasis Problem

Moderators: support1, support9

<<

Forum_acct

Baron

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:26 am

Oasis Problem

There is a cost of time, effort, and resources to training troops and combating for occupying resource oases in the game. Because of this, there needs to be a better way of handling "ownership" retention.

Right now, it is too easy to steal the oases without consequence. It makes the above mentioned cost hardly worth it. It does not matter if the defender is high level or low level, stealing is too easy. Again, leaving troops in the oases to defend it while the player is offline is not a viable option.

Let's face it: this is a war game and the World Map has PvP, but most people just cannot handle having "their stuff" getting stolen. It causes more anger and very little fun.

These NPC resource oases are a great game aspect in the advancement mechanism, but we need a better solution. Right now, I have one idea:

Have the oases not "droppable". Meaning, you cannot resign an oasis. The only way to lose an oasis is by Attack from another player, or when the system turns the oasis from level 1 to level 10 again. This will limit the number of attacks on oases for all the players and players will have to be very careful and selective of which oases they attack. No changes to Plunder. No changes to dispatching troops and heroes to your oases.

This is the same reason why not being able to resign castles and sub-cities works well. This would also help against people who steal oases for the sole purpose of harassment. These are people who don't use the oases and just "steal and dump" them all to harass people.
iPhone 4S 32G
iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)
RotK beta version - current as of date of post
<<

DrunkFool

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:04 pm

Re: Oasis Problem

I think if you can't drop it, then include it in WR.

If WR doesn't protect it, then allow the player to drop it.
<<

Forum_acct

Baron

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:18 pm

DrunkFool wrote:I think if you can't drop it, then include it in WR.

If WR doesn't protect it, then allow the player to drop it.

Only problem with that is I'm a non-coiner. Can't pay for WR.
iPhone 4S 32G
iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)
<<

DrunkFool

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:15 am

Having to hold onto an oases until it reaches the end of its life is a terrible plan.

It's also a terrible plan that if you see someone coming to take an oases, and you don't have enough to defend it, you will hand it to them.

I would rather have the ability to drop it than let my enemy take it and benefit from it.
If I can't protect it in WR, then I would like the option to release it.

I think part of the problem is that the map is too small and there isn't enough of some resources on the map.
<<

Forum_acct

Baron

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 am

DrunkFool wrote:
I would rather have the ability to drop it than let my enemy take it and benefit from it.
If I can't protect it in WR, then I would like the option to release it.

I agree with this point and this alone is probably enough to make not being able to freely release oases a bad idea.
iPhone 4S 32G
iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)

Return to Suggestions