FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Broken aspects of the game

Moderators: support1, support9

<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Broken aspects of the game

There are some things in the game that need to be fixed because it's leading to frustration.

Castles
Why bother with them at all?
They can be stolen in a minute and if you try to defend, you risk losing troops on it.
Castles prior to patch 1.02 produce more resources, can hold bigger warehouses and have better walls.
People who bothered to make an army big enough to take a castle from scratch are not able to hold a castle because they are stolen while they sleep by someone who parks their main city next to it and claims it. (VERY unfair)
Walls don't work if someone runs a few plunders to kill the troops, then starts running attacks to steal the city without having to deal with the wall or troops.

Suggestions for castles.
Either include them in War Refuse, or allow players to resign them like they would resign an oasis. If someone is taking one of mine, and I can't get troops to defend it, I would rather resign it.
ALL castles should produce the same amount of resources. Right now, a newly taken castle has the wall of a 20 Manor and missing several resources that the older ones have.
The wall needs to be active at all times if I had it toggled to defend.
Maybe include castles and manors in the 5-hit limit? (Including plunders)

Still seeing glitches that were pointed out during beta.
Crop bug - Still there.
Transport bug - Still there.
People are paying for coins now, these bugs need to be resolved.

Cost of coins
I'm hearing that people in China pay a lower amount for coins.
Why?
If this is true, it presents an unfair advantage to them, and there are many that have loaded up on coins and are just running around the map stealing things just to anger other players (good example - player lovely_day)
The cost of the coins needs to be about the same on both sides. I also think that if this is true, the people who bought coins on the higher price side need to get some free coins to make up the difference, or...

War Refuse
This is also broken.
It's abused by players who have loaded up on coins and don't care how many coins they spend.
They pop out of WR to attack something or steal a manor, then back into WR so the other player has no recourse.
If a player pops out of WR before time runs out, then there needs to be a cooldown that prevents them from going into WR for a set time.
Also, it's NOT worth 20 coins a night to just protect my manors and mains when everything else I have can be attacked and stolen. If someone does take a castle or oasis while I'm in WR, I can't take it back without losing my WR. Very unfair.
Would be nice to be able to sleep and know that all my stuff will still be there in the morning, but as of right now, I get attacked 20+ times a night by people I've never touched.
Fix WR, it's pointless and abused right now.

Right now, lower level players are just stealing from the higher level players. The higher level players can't defend against it at all.
Why bother building up an army big enough to take the things on the map when you can do it with just a few knights and pop into WR so they can't get back what was stolen?

Tournament
Need 2 things on this.
Different scoring system. Right now, it's a system where you go to the rank of the person that beat you. So if the person in 10th place beat the person in 1st place, then that person is now 10th place, even though that person may be better than 2-9th places.
This should be a point based system instead. As you beat players of higher rank, you get more points, etc..

Commanding in tournaments.
Let people command their own battles.

I can tell you that I'm VERY frustrated with some aspects of the game. There are a LOT of people in the game that are in it just to anger other players, and that takes all the fun out of it. What's the point in taking a castle or oasis when you lose it less than an hour later?
If people are buying coins at a cheaper rate, that is also something that NEEDS to be addressed ASAP.

There is more, but this is already a long post.
I'll post more later.
<<

JonDoe_623

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Re: Broken aspects of the game

QQ coins you mean Cg.
Very very unfair and already driving people off the game.
May I suggest all high coin users are mailed to provide proof of purchase from itunes.
<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks JD.
Yes, the QQ coins.
<<

Forum_acct

Baron

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 am

Yep Chicagoguy those things are not fun, just frustrating.

Also, castles, manors, villages, etc. should not have buildings that can be removed.

Or ...

have only certain buildings be removable such as houses, barracks, resource buildings.

Players downgrading and removing the important buildings are ruining these NPC properties.
iPhone 4S 32G
iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)
RotK beta version - current as of date of post
<<

support9

Elite

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:48 am

Chicagoguy wrote:There are some things in the game that need to be fixed because it's leading to frustration.

Castles
Why bother with them at all?
They can be stolen in a minute and if you try to defend, you risk losing troops on it.
Castles prior to patch 1.02 produce more resources, can hold bigger warehouses and have better walls.
People who bothered to make an army big enough to take a castle from scratch are not able to hold a castle because they are stolen while they sleep by someone who parks their main city next to it and claims it. (VERY unfair)
Walls don't work if someone runs a few plunders to kill the troops, then starts running attacks to steal the city without having to deal with the wall or troops.

Suggestions for castles.
Either include them in War Refuse, or allow players to resign them like they would resign an oasis. If someone is taking one of mine, and I can't get troops to defend it, I would rather resign it.
ALL castles should produce the same amount of resources. Right now, a newly taken castle has the wall of a 20 Manor and missing several resources that the older ones have.
The wall needs to be active at all times if I had it toggled to defend.
Maybe include castles and manors in the 5-hit limit? (Including plunders)

Still seeing glitches that were pointed out during beta.
Crop bug - Still there.
Transport bug - Still there.
People are paying for coins now, these bugs need to be resolved.

Cost of coins
I'm hearing that people in China pay a lower amount for coins.
Why?
If this is true, it presents an unfair advantage to them, and there are many that have loaded up on coins and are just running around the map stealing things just to anger other players (good example - player lovely_day)
The cost of the coins needs to be about the same on both sides. I also think that if this is true, the people who bought coins on the higher price side need to get some free coins to make up the difference, or...

War Refuse
This is also broken.
It's abused by players who have loaded up on coins and don't care how many coins they spend.
They pop out of WR to attack something or steal a manor, then back into WR so the other player has no recourse.
If a player pops out of WR before time runs out, then there needs to be a cooldown that prevents them from going into WR for a set time.
Also, it's NOT worth 20 coins a night to just protect my manors and mains when everything else I have can be attacked and stolen. If someone does take a castle or oasis while I'm in WR, I can't take it back without losing my WR. Very unfair.
Would be nice to be able to sleep and know that all my stuff will still be there in the morning, but as of right now, I get attacked 20+ times a night by people I've never touched.
Fix WR, it's pointless and abused right now.

Right now, lower level players are just stealing from the higher level players. The higher level players can't defend against it at all.
Why bother building up an army big enough to take the things on the map when you can do it with just a few knights and pop into WR so they can't get back what was stolen?

Tournament
Need 2 things on this.
Different scoring system. Right now, it's a system where you go to the rank of the person that beat you. So if the person in 10th place beat the person in 1st place, then that person is now 10th place, even though that person may be better than 2-9th places.
This should be a point based system instead. As you beat players of higher rank, you get more points, etc..

Commanding in tournaments.
Let people command their own battles.

I can tell you that I'm VERY frustrated with some aspects of the game. There are a LOT of people in the game that are in it just to anger other players, and that takes all the fun out of it. What's the point in taking a castle or oasis when you lose it less than an hour later?
If people are buying coins at a cheaper rate, that is also something that NEEDS to be addressed ASAP.

There is more, but this is already a long post.
I'll post more later.

Hi Chicagoguy,

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it a lot.

Your suggestions on War Refuse and Castles have been forwarded to the team for further consideration.

@Forum_acct with regard to your feedback on the NPC city buildings, we'll improve that in the future updates.

Concerning the tournament ranking system, we'll see what we can do to improve it in the future. As for your suggestion for the commanding, I've forwarded it for consideration.

Regarding your and Jondoe's concern against cheap coins(unauthorized coins/gold), we assure you that Haypi bears NO tolerance towards illegal coins or coin cheats. If you check through our User Agreement, you can see that such behavior violates our UA. Once confirmed, we'll issue corresponding punishment(s), including permanent ban to relevant cheaters with no mercy. FYI, weeks ago, we traced down a world chat "seller" (who offered cheap coins), we "tested" the method that advertiser provided and it turned out to be a phishing website under disguise. Sometimes, those "so-call" sellers are just malicious people who want to cheat you out of your credit card info, money, and account. We here strongly recommend players to report such cheaters to Haypi Support as soon as possible and avoid taking in by their "sweet" poison.

Thank you for your support and love. Although we may not implement whatever you suggest, we'll try to make the game better together with you guys and girls.

Best,
Angela
Haypi Team
P.S. Checked through lovely_day's logs, s/he is clean.
<<

JonDoe_623

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:38 pm

So why not just check the biggest coin buyers for itunes recipts.
I spend a lot abd am more than happy to provide Haypi via email purchase numbers etc.
Latest update:
Plays exactly into the chinese QQ coin buyers hands. Removing oasis manors and castles gives honest players no chance of competing. You already just lost a lot of paying players for this reason.
Hospital: who even signed off on that idea should be replaced.
It was either included from the start or never.
Heal tech is far more appropriate.

Can I make a serious suggestion?
Get a core group of players both coiners and non coiners. Maybe in a line group and discuss further changes and supposed improvements. Common thought with this update is its a very very big backwards step.

Thanks.

Return to Suggestions