FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game changes NEEDED

<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Game changes NEEDED

There are sooo many things in the game that need to be changed.
I’ve got them listed by topic.
Sorry this is such a long post. I've got a lot to say I guess.

Topic 1
Defenses on Manors, castles and Forts
A low level manor such as a level 5 is meant for a beginner. But with all the defenses put in place on those manors now, a beginner player cannot take those without losing their army.
A mid-level city like a 15-20 manor has a huge amount of defenses on it as well and it’s WAY TOO MANY. These manors should also not have so many defenses on them.
Forts have a stupid amount of defenses on them, it’s so bad that even the top 10 ranked players aren’t taking forts because the defenses and wall cost too many troops.

Defenses on NPC controlled cities need to be drastically cut back. On lower level manors, Traps, logs and spears should be REMOVED all together so lower level players have a chance on getting one without losing most of their army.

What’s the point in all these defenses on NPC cities? All it’s doing it upsetting the people playing the game. It sucks to build up an army and lose it to an NPC city because all the defenses kill your army.
Please fix this and make the game more enjoyable to the players.

Topic 2
March times
Go back to the old way of calculating the march times. All this new system did was upset existing players (again) by costing them more time or forcing them buy speedup cards if they didn’t want to wait for longer marches and makes using Catapults a lot more difficult since they drastically add to the marching times.

Topic 3
Legendary heros are impossible unless you pay?
I’ve logged in for 289 straight days.
I refresh 6-7 times a day in all my cities.
That’s about 8000-9000 refreshes total between all my cities over the past 289 days.
NO legendary hero. NONE…
I’ve used probably a dozen epic hero cards, some before the patch that counts how many.. Still no legendary hero from those or the blue hero cards.
Now your telling me that if I buy 15 Epic hero cards (at $20 EACH) I can get 1 legendary hero.
That’s $300 for 1 hero, and if you go for multiple heros, you’re looking at about $2400 (Plus the tax charged by iTunes)
for all 8 if you can manage to not get duplicates while you’re using the cards.
($300 is a car payment)
This is INSANE and totally NOT worth it for a PHONE GAME.
Haypi, the people who play your game are NOT millionaires and that is a LOT of money to ask people to pay for a legendary hero.
To put that dollar amount into perspective, $2000 in the U.S. is a couple months rent in most areas.
For $2000 I can buy 5 new iPads.
For $2000 I can buy 10-20 new android tablets.
$2000 is my food budget for a 6 months!
Asking people to pay that for legendary heros is absurd.

Suggestion
Pricing is totally wrong on these. Should be 5-10 coins for a green hero, 10-20 for blue hero, 50 for epic hero and 200 for guaranteed legendary hero.
Let’s face it, as you progress in the game, the blue or green heros are pretty much worthless and not worth spending coins to get them.

Topic 4
Contest timing.
The contests that come up are timed badly and the people sleeping or working can’t participate in them at all.
I suggest adjusting the time to make them run all day and reset the same time everything else resets so everyone can have a chance to participate in them.

Topic 5
Contest prizes
These are not inline with the effort people need to put into them.
There was a contest on killing NPC troops.
Top prize was 1000 VIP points, 2-3rd prize was 2 BLUE hero cards, and 4th-10th were a single BLUE hero card.
Haypi, in order to get into the top 10 rank on that contest, you need to be able to kill a LOT of NPC troops. Just about everyone in the top 10 have mostly epic or better heros.
The blue hero cards are useless to the players that made the top 10 in rank because they simply don’t need them.
The prizes should have been for Epic hero cards and the top prize should have been for much more than 1000 vip points.

Topic 6
VIP Points
So, if I don’t buy points, I’ll be VIP 10 in about 10 YEARS. (Not kidding, it’s actually that about long)
VIP 9 takes 84,000 points.
100 coins will buy you 1000 points. (Roughly $10 per 1000 points) (plus the tax iTunes charges)
That’s $840 to go from VIP 8 to VIP 9.
The amounts in every VIP level go up and up.
OH,, and to actually USE those VIP stats, you have to pay MORE coins to activate it (about $2.00 a week)

This goes back to the points I made on legendary heros.
The people playing this game are mostly NOT millionaires. To charge thousands of dollars for a game statistic in a PHONE GAME is NOT worth it.

Suggestion on VIP
Give people 1000 points a day, not 100. Give players a meaningful reward for playing.
Remove 100 and 300 point options because they are worthless.
10 coins – 500 points
15 coins – 1000 points
30 coins – 2500 points
50 coins – 5000 points
100 coins – 10000 points

Topic 7
Game bugs
It seems that with every patch, there are more bugs introduced into the game, and sometimes the bugs that are said to be fixed, aren’t actually fixed.
Example is the “fix” that was loaded this morning, it said it fixed the NPC defense where they were scouted, but actually had a higher amount of defenses.
It’s actually worse now. The fix didn’t actually fix anything, it made things worse.
Can I suggest making a private server for the programmers and testing these patches on the private server before deploying them to the real game?

Topic 8
Game patches that make the game harder
Why are you releasing patches that make things in the game harder for everyone?
Great example is the Forts and Royal hoards. Nobody can take one from scratch unless they are full legendary and arcanite gear, but at that point, why bother with the hoard if you already have the gear that it MIGHT drop?
Why require a player to be in acanite gear to take a hoard? Seems pointless at that point.
Why cost a player their army to get a fort? They can’t defend it if they win because they lost their army in the process of taking the fort. This is also pointless.
Right now, the only way someone can take a Hoard is if someone else hits it a couple times and weakens it’s troops and costing them the army they sent.
The only way to take a fort is to build MILLIONS of troops that die on the wall and the first couple hits will likely be losses because of the time it takes to break down a 3 million wall while your troops are getting hit by traps.
When these 2 things first because active in the game, they were still hard, but at least the average top 50 player had a chance on winning.
It seems you don’t actually want anyone to enjoy these things in the game unless they sacrifice their armies.
What’s the point?

Topic 9
Hospitals
When I’m healing troops.. Tell me how long it’s going to be BEFORE I hit the heal button.
Also, give people the option to use standard speedup cards here so if I only want to speed it up by an hour, I can..

Topic 10
Tournament
This is a terrible system.
Tournament needs to be point based and not swapping spots based.

Suggestions
Make it point based. Give points for defeating players.
Allow players to set a defense other than what they are attacking with so when a player attacks me, that’s what they get, and that doesn’t change if I’m attacking with a different setup. Since you need to change the setup to beat some players, it sucks when you lose places because of someone beating that setup you used to beat a different player.
Allowing people to have a set defense that isn’t related to their offense is a good start.
Allow people to COMMAND their troops in tournament.
If the defender is online, allow them to command too! Make it a true tournament and not this automated garbage we have now.

Topic 11
Coin sales
No forth of July sale? (This is a major U.S. holiday)
Sales also need to be worthwhile. Getting speedup cards really doesn’t make me want to buy more.
If I was getting 50-100% more coins, then yeah, maybe I’d buy more because at that point, the coins are almost worth buying.

A lot of these points are based on the facts that most people who play this game are NOT millionaires.
This is a PHONE GAME. You don’t get any physical prize for winning anything, but the costs of buying coins for things in the game are sky high. People pay less for their rent and mortgages than they do for some of the items in the game, and that’s WAY TOO MUCH.
When a patch comes out, it should make the game more enjoyable to the players and not put things in place that are purposely meant to kill them.
When you put things in place that are meant to kill your players, those players will stop playing. When those players stop playing, they also stop buying coins.
Stop harming your players and try to do something that doesn’t seem greedy or malicious against them because that’s how it seems now with every patch.
<<

TheEldarion

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Re: Game changes NEEDED

This is well thought out and well said. This guy took a lot of time to prepare this and yet, not a single suggestion was implemented. Instead they made it harder, slowed everything down, and BROKE THE MAP.
<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Re: Game changes NEEDED

They seem to be committed to making things cost more to play and making the game more difficult in a way that costs people time and agony.

This whole patch is crap.

Return to General Discussion