FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need more resources or cheaper requirements

Moderators: support1, support9

<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Need more resources or cheaper requirements

While there are oasiss everywhere (which is good)
The amount of resources to do anything once you get to the higher levels get's insane.
If you spent your time farming oasiss for the res needed for all the various upgrades, you literately spend all day doing nothing but farming. That's ALL you do, ALL day.

Here's the problem.
With very poor resource protection, you can spend all day farming the resources to have them stolen when someone else swoops in a takes them and erases your days work. This is VERY aggregating if you spend all day gathering what you need, and when your almost to the level you need, someone robs you.

We need a faster way to gather resources or we need a smaller resource requirement on the higher level upgrades that allows players to collect the required res in a reasonable amount of time without resorting to farming other players. (This is going to cause people to get frustrated and leave the game)

Great example
I need the following resources to upgrade a level 15 farm to a level 16.
110,250 Wood. (Need 12 FULL lev 10 oasis to farm this)
134,050 Stone. (Need 14 FULL lev 10 oasis to farm this)
110,250 Iron. (Need 12 FULL lev 10 oasis to farm this)
45,950 Crop. (Need 5 FULL lev 10 oasis to farm this)
28,000 Gemstones. (Need 3 FULL lev 10 oasis to farm this)

That's a minimal of 46 level 10 small oasis's you need to farm in order to gather the resources needed for that single farm from 15 to 16.
Let's assume your average march to the oasis is 5 minutes, this turns into almost 4 hours of farming if your hitting small oasis's. If you can find a large one, that's nice, but most of them have been taken and plundered already so in reality, you mostly hitting small ones.

And that's just the 15-16 crop upgrade. Most other higher level upgrades require a LOT more.

We need oasis's to either have more resources in them, or the resource requirements need to be smaller.
An upgrade from 15-16 farm shouldn't take me 4 hours to farm the resources. Need to make this something that takes me 10 minutes to farm, not 4 hours.

Thank you
<<

Davis

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Need more resources or cheaper requirements

I agree entirely. I also have an issue with the low increase of resource per the increase of troops as the oases' levels increase.

For example (small Lumber Mill oases):
Level 1 Oasis 9 Troops 1000 Wood
Level 2 Oasis 35 Troops 2000 Wood
Level 3 Oasis 105 Troops 3000 Wood
Level 4 Oasis 163 Troops 4000 Wood
Level 5 Oasis 490 Troops 5000 Wood
Level 6 Oasis 546 Troops 6000 Wood
Level 7 Oasis 1032 Troops 7000 Wood
Level 8 Oasis 2112 Troops 8000 Wood
Level 9 Oasis 2013 Troops 9000 Wood
Level 10 Oasis 4468 Troops 10000 Wood

Not only do the troop counts vary--level 9 was lower than 8--it is a much better deal to take down lower level oases than higher. Should it not be the other way around? Is attacking a higher leveled oases supposed to give you better rewards? Obviously it gives ten times the level one, but it still is not a good deal unless you take the time into very serious account. I think the resource rewards should be increased or the troops should be decreased. A level 10 large oasis with 5 times times the rewards, 6 times the troops! It is a worse deal to attack higher leveled oases than lower, period.
<<

BlackLeopard

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:11 am

I totally agree. Oasis should give more resources. Manors are nice to attack but it takes so many troops and so often there's only 40,000 wood, iron, and stone in them. Why do they not produce crop? They should Bc there are crop farms once you occupy. Also if manors do not hold the special resources, that's ok but I think castles should hold the special resources.
<<

Forum_acct

Baron

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:14 am

I answered a similar thread elsewhere but I'll state again that I disagree.

What you're proposing will take me no time to fully upgrade everything and then I will be finished with major aspects of the game too soon.

I don't want that and I don't think the devs want that from a business standpoint.
iPhone 4S 32G
iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)
RotK beta version - current as of date of post
<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:08 pm

You think it's worth all those resources for an extra 100 income on that 1 resource from that 1 building?
I don't.
<<

Forum_acct

Baron

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Chicagoguy wrote:You think it's worth all those resources for an extra 100 income on that 1 resource from that 1 building?
I don't.

You're right about that part of it, it doesn't make sense.
iPhone 4S 32G
iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)
RotK beta version - current as of date of post
<<

Chicagoguy

Baron

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:17 pm

I don't think it should take all day to farm the resources to upgrade something for so little return.

Seems the amount the upgrades scale up is a little off. Levs 1-9 aren't bad, but when you start going higher, they get super high and very little return on the amount of resources your sinking into them.

It needs to be designed in such a way that you can farm for 10-15 minutes (maybe 4 oasis hits) or the amount the previous level holds should get you close the amount of resources needed to start the next upgrade.

Return to Feedback