FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New skill, talent, and de-buff ideas. Post yours.

<<

Vizerdrix

Post Sun May 22, 2016 10:26 pm

New skill, talent, and de-buff ideas. Post yours.

Hey guys, Vizerdrix here again.

I wanted to start a thread about some new ideas for Hapyi to maybe implement in game, so lets start with the interesting stuff:TALENTS, SKILLS, and DE-BUFFS.

1.) These Talents are meant to spice up the battling in ways not done before, and in ways not completely broken. Here are a few that I came up with:

Eroded Armor: Whenever attacked, your monster’s physical defense lowers and its speed increases.

Mind Control: Your monster may cause your opponent to be become confused whenever they land an attack.

Other Worldly Touch: Your monster’s ghost skills deal physical damage instead.

Zen Punch: Your monster’s psychic skills deal physical damage instead.

Inferno: Every two turns your monster applies a burn de-buff to the opponents(s). Upon a second burn application the burn de-buff turns into a melting de-buff.

Ebb and Flow: When above 50% HP your monster takes less damage from physical attacks, and when below 50% HP it takes less damage from magical attacks.

Unyielding Spirit: when below 50% HP your monster is immune to de-buffs.

First Blood: Your monster’s skills deal double damage when the opponent is at full health.

Ill Omen: de-buff moves never miss.

Determination: When a skill is used repeatedly, on the third use it deals double damage.

2.) I spent some time thinking about what new skills could be created and I thought of some new advanced Support Skills would be pretty nice to spice up the battles that usually consist of just the "you hit me and I hit you". These are some Support skills that I came up with that I thought represent what each element is about, and therefore, can only be learned by a monster of the same element:

Ignite/Fire/0 Power/- Acc/3 PP: Strengthen the flames inside and raise your physical attack significantly while lowering your defense and magical defense.

Evaporate/Water/0 Power/- Acc/2 PP: Causes all attacks to miss and raise your Defense and Magic Defense. Fails if used twice in a row.

Regenerate/Grass/0 Power/- Acc/1PP: Overgrow your limits for 2 turns. When used, your monster’s HP is doubled and healed to full and its Defense and Magic defense lowers significantly. After the 2 turns its HP returns to normal keeping the percentage of HP it was at and the Defense drops.

Fortify/Rock/0 Power/- Acc/1PP: Fortify your defenses at the expense of attack. For 2 turns your monster becomes immune to most damage and immune to de-buffs and has its physical attack and speed lowered.

Energize/Electric/0 Power/- Acc/1pp: Charge up your attacks with your own power. For 2 turns any electric skill your monster uses increases its physical attack.

Cascade/Ice/0 Power/- Acc/2PP: Freeze yourself to the core to prevent damage. Your monster stiffens itself with the power of ice to become immune to damage and gives a freeze de-buff to its attacker(s). This move goes first.

Primal Shout/Normal/0 power/- Acc/2PP: A fierce shout to increase your damage. Lowers your monsters physical and magical defense to deal double damage the next turn when using a normal type skill.

Enlightenment/Psychic/0 Power/- Acc/2PP: See beyond to take control of the future. For 2 turns your psychic skills will move first.

Ghosts have Power of Darkness already so I don't think they'd need another.

3.) The next thing that I thought of that could make battles more interesting was De-Buffs. And I know some people hate De-Buffs, myself included because it just turns into who can get Lethal Powder first and then stall. But these De-Buffs are not about that. I tried to come up some De-Buffs that involve more switching and planning to make battles more lively:

Melting: Caused by Fire skills or talents, a monster with a melting de-buff has its physical and magical defenses lowered each turn until it is switched out.

Quick Sand: Caused by Rock skills or talents, a monster with a quicksand de-buff has its speed lowered each turn and cannot switch out.

Drowning: Caused by Water skills or talents, a monster with a drowning de-buff has its HP reduced by 1/6 until it is switched out.

Infection: Caused by Grass skills or talents, a monster with an infection de-buff can’t use skills that heal or receive any healing effects until switched out.

Frostbite: Caused by Ice skills or talents, a monster with a frostbite de-buff has its physical and magical attacks lowered each turn until it is switched out.

Rigor-Mortis: Caused by Ghost skills or talents, a monster with a rigor-mortis de-buff can’t use the same attack skill twice in a row, if no other moves are known other than attack skills then it hurts itself in confusion.

Taunt: Caused by Normal skills or talents, a monster with a taunt de-buff can only use skills that target the de-buffer.

Mind Block: Caused by Psychic skills or talents, a monster with a mental block de-buff cannot use support skills.

4.) I hope these are some ideas that you all will find interesting and maybe Haypi too, enough to maybe put similar versions in game. I think it would add the game greatly and I want to know what you all think as well. Feel free to comment about these ideas or post your own ideas for Talents, Skills, and De-Buffs because I think a variety would be amazing. Bye guys.

-Vizerdrix
I'm not trying to be the best, I just want to be the Ghost Master.
<<

support9

Elite

Post Thu May 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: New skill, talent, and de-buff ideas. Post yours.

Hi there,

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll forward them to the team for their consideration and discussion.

Thanks again for your support and love.

Best,
Haypi Team

Return to Suggestions