Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:52 pm

(Re)Balancing Weathers, Elements, and Skills

Recently I've been noticing that there's a bit of an imbalance for elemental types, their weathers and the skills they can learn. Below I'll be listing the imbalances followed by my suggestion.

Of course, this is my suggestion and I did not take into account all aspects of the game (I merely took the battling aspect into account), thus, Haypi, please feel free to adjust my suggestion as seems fit when taking it into consideration.

Fellow Players, please give feedback. I would appreciate any and all feedback as I believe this suggestion is a great one but not perfect.

Weather Imbalances:
  • Scorching: Ice Mobs' Ice Power is reduced by 50% AND Frozen debuffs disappear. The problem with this is that Ice Mobs are ONLY strong against Plant Mobs AND in a weather battle vs fire/plant elemental mobs, ice mobs have a disadvantage since ice debuff is negated by the weather change while something like burn or poison is not.
  • Rain: Burn Debuff disappears. In a weather battle vs water/electric elemental mobs, fire mobs have a disadvantage since burn is negated by the weather change while water types continue to get a heal buff and electric continue to paralyze.
  • Sand Storm: Seems fair, except the dodge rate for Earth/Fire mobs seems to be lower than compared to Water/Ice in a Blizzard condition.
  • Blizzard: Ice Mobs have a disadvantage over water mobs during a weather battle, since when ice mobs attack a water mob during a blizzard, water mobs have an increased dodge rate, while water mobs attacking an ice mob during the raining phase, do not suffer from anything.

Weather Suggestions:
  • Scorching: 50% Same Elemental Power Buff for Plant/Fire Mobs. Meanwhile, 50% Power Debuff for Water/Lightning Skills. Paralysis Debuff disappear immediately and Water Heal buff does not heal. Alternative Suggestion: Weather does not affect any status condition debuff/buff, while power buffs/debuffs remain the same.
  • Rain: 50% Same Elemental Power buff for Water/lightning Mobs. Meanwhile, 50% Power Debuff for Plant/Fire Skills. Poison and Burn debuffs disappear immediately. Alternative Suggestion: Weather does not affect any status condition debuff, while power buffs/debuffs remain the same.
  • Sand Storm: Same as before. Except dodge rate for Fire/Earth mobs is equal to Blizzard's dodge rate, thunder mobs no longer lose an additional 8% hp per turn, and ice mobs now lose an additional 8% hp per turn.
  • Blizzard: Same as before. Except dodge rate for Ice/Water mobs does NOT increase when battling one another (ice vs ice, water vs water, water vs ice).

Elemental Imbalances:
  • Fire: Lacking a Super Power Skill (a magical equivalent to Super Fire Bomb). Burn Debuff severely cripples physical damage hitters.
  • Water: Lacking a Super Power Skill (a physical equivalent to Water Torrent). Lacking a Power Skill (a magical equivalent to Water Bombs).
  • Plant: Lacking a Super Power Skill (a magical equivalent to Solar Smite).
  • Earth: Lacking Magical Skills for Earth. Earth elemental mobs depend on physical attack, thus, a mere burn debuff cripples their only strength in half. Additionally, when fighting against high physical defense mobs, they have no same alternative to avoid that defense. Meanwhile a mob like Plant, Water, and Fire have great alternatives.
  • Lightning: Lacking Magical Skills for Lighting. Lightning elemental mobs highly depend on physical attack, thus, a mere burn debuff cripples their better strength in half. Additionally, when fighting against high physical defense mobs, they have no same alternative to avoid that defense.
  • Ice: Lacking Physical Skills for Ice. When fighting against high magical defense mobs, they have no same element alternative to avoid that magical defense.
  • Physical: Lacking Magical Skills for Physical type. When fighting against high magical defense mobs, they have no same element alternative to avoid that magical defense.
  • Magical: Lacking Physical Skills for Magical type. When fighting against high magical defense mobs, they have no same element alternative to avoid that magical defense.
  • Ghost: Lacking Physical Skills for Ghost type. When fighting against high magical defense mobs, they have no same element alternative to avoid that magical defense.

Elemental and Skills Suggestion:
  • Simply add more intermediate skills (preferably those with status/stat increases/decreases) and advance skills (either as simple as Fire Bomb or as functional as Underworld Leech) for both Physical and Magical types for all elements.
Link to Monster's Stats, Enhancement Cost, Exp Cost, and Drop Rates
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
OUTDATED But feel free to check it out if your board lol