FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server 13 Expert Nominations

Moderator: Shadetale

<<

Soonerspwn

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: Server 13 Expert Nominations

If we get another expert on s13 then i hope it would be shadymatt. He is always helping out on wc and is full of experince.
S9-soonerspwn
S13-sooner13
<<

Justin_pvt

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:25 pm

D
Last edited by Justin_pvt on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Justin_pvt

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

I nominate shadymatt for being a very active player and always willing to help out others.
<<

devryan13

Conqueror

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:37 pm

I never see shadymatt on chat but we probably have diffrent schedules.

Previous nomination: Lord_Phil
Last edited by devryan13 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ShadyMatt

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 am

Devry I'm in chat all the time. I say hi to you on a regular basis you tend to not notice what I say or talk about though and can't remember the last time you said hi back :-( I see you there quite a bit but you usually just pop in for warnings and I don't get any. Sometimes you talk but usually to the same people or ones that need help. I help people in wc ac and pm all the time and keep people from feeding new players false information ask WxWarn I've been playing for a very long time now I've played on 3 servers now just two as I like to spend the majority of my time on s13. I am constantly reviewing the rules and trying to get others to follow by example and by explaining how it is wrong we have a lot of young players here and don't want them upset of offended. I really don't know why you ignore me but hopefully in the future you will pay more attention to me. -Shadymatt
<<

ShadyMatt

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 am

I nominate willbuilt for expert.
He is in chat all the time helping
Peope out. He is a knowledgeable player.
He is positive and upbeat making
Chat more pleasant. I think he would
Make a good expert
<<

ArchangelG

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:23 am

If it's possible I would like to nominate 2 players from s13. Willbuilt and Shadymatt. Both are very active, genuine, & extremely helpful players. I always see Willbuilt on wc helping players & chatting with others. Many players in the game know him, Shadymatg is always helping players through letters & PMs he's always offering help & tips to anyone who asks for them. Both would make excellent experts, way better than most of the experts on s13 now
<<

Ruger3717

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:50 am

I nominate shadymatt. He knows a lot about the game and has helped many people to learn how the play the game. There are many people that treat new people like trash, but shady always takes the time to help people understand basic strategy.
<<

Willbuilt

Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:41 am

Hello, I would like to nominate Shadymatt for the Expert role.
I have seen Shadymatt quite a lot in WC helping people and generally being a good guy.
He has good experience of the game and a lot of people have time and repect for him, for what he does.
Shadymatt helped me a quite a bit when I first started, as he has with lots of new players to the game.
Thank you for you time.
<<

Lord_Phill

Beginner

Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 am

I nominate ....

A top 20 player. Please ... any of them. The current experts will know which are on suitable times, helpful & considerate, etc.

I want an expert who is a dedicated player of the server, who has shown themselves to be experienced at the game, ergo my request to take ranking into consideration. No server needs another expert who 'server hops' through multiple accounts (which is fine for the purpose), but each server needs a dedicated player, who will actually do Q&A in chat.

Experts should be EXPERTS - not chat moderators who know "how many cats for a level 8 oasis?" ... but people who can tell the user how that number is arrived at, and the variables that go into it .. or you risk it being WRONG. And, I'm sorry to say, that I see stuff answered wrong all the time. (if not wrong, then regurgitated and not taking the player into account)

Everytime the slightly tougher questions come up, they suddenly fall silent and lurk - only popping up again to moderate chat. I'm not blaming them, I think they do a sterling job - it's just a job that is miscast.

Questions I have seen ignored this week, with an expert online:

- How many cav should I use to kill 20000 catapults?
- Should I train archers .. how do I use them?
- Is it better to wait or advance cats? (answered incorrectly)
- Where is the best place to create new cities?
- What is a good way to make money?
- etc

Any top 20 player would be able to answer these more effectively than players who have not yet competed at that level of Haypi.

To say again, this is not a critisism of the current experts, I feel they should all stay as they are. I do however, feel there is a gap for someone who is very experienced at the game details and mechanics.

I am aware that this post has a "discussion" element to it, but it is also a very clear nomination.
Server 13: Lord_Phill
Alliance:
PreviousNext

Return to Server 13 Expert Nominations