FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Epic monster capture problems

<<

Rusty1

Post Tue May 20, 2014 5:50 am

Epic monster capture problems

Today I was trying to capture a female Scythe in sealed space veteran 6. I started with 87 seal cards, and unfortunately I still hadn't caught it with only 11 cards left, then all of a sudden the battle scene disappeared and it went back to the main board like I'd killed scythe, but I hadn't. This is extremely frustrating considering I still had more seal cards left and 1 monster with half health remaining. This is actually the second time this has happened to me, the last time was on another account and it happened while trying to capture meniss. It also happened after another lengthy capture attempt, 75+ seal cards. I'm playing on an original iPad running iOS 5.1.1.
<<

-Espada-

Baron

Post Tue May 20, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Epic monster capture problems

In the ladder when a monster runs out of moves to use it faints. I was doing the ladder once and the final monster of my opponent ran out of moves. the last few turn it kept using PoD and then it died and i won. Im guessing the Scythe u were battling ran out of moves and was unable to fight anymore. Thats most likely what happened... unless Haypi.
HD - Server 2 (101)

Character Lvl: 39

Crystal Lvl: 40
Devil Lvl: 40
Bigeye Lvl: 37
Angelo Lvl: 31
Lava Lvl: 30
Leshy Lvl: 27
Roco Lvl: 25
Shell Lvl: 24
<<

Rusty1

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:30 pm

If that was the case, the scythe should've run out of moves well before playing 76 seal cards. Figuring even with just beginner moves, 15 moves x 4 slots=60 moves and done, it doesnt make sense. This is so frustrating on so many different levels, #1- I played 74 seal cards on a monster that I had a 2% chance of catching, in theory that's about 24 more cards than the percentages say should be required to catch it. #2-I wasted over a months worth of seal cards and got absolutely nothing out of it. #3-given the fact that I'm in the beginning stages of this account, a one month set back is a critical blow in my attempt to stay competitive. It's one thing to have wasted all my seal cards and not caught the scythe, I would've been pissed for sure but understood, thats part of the game. But to waste almost all of my cards, And then have the unsuccesful capture end on a glitch is infuriating. Especially considering this was the second time it's happened to me.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Tue May 20, 2014 4:41 pm

To answer your points:

1) Like Espada said, this used to be the case in older versions of Haypi, and I guess it still happens every not and then; especially since it happened twice. The fact that there's a 2% chance of catching it doesn't mean you should capture it in 50 cards max, it's called the probability theory, and means that even though there's a percentage chance, it doesn't mean it's a 100% chance after X attempts.

2) Seal Cards can be a real struggle early on, but after a while, you'll see that you really don't need all that many Seal Cards! I sell all I get and just keep a stack of 99, I never really drop below 90 though.

3) You can't say for sure that you would've caught it. Sure, it's annoying that the battle ended like this, but for all you know, you might've had not caught it at all, resulting in a loss of even more cards! Just keep stacking up on cards, and eventually you'll catch yourself a Scythe, and it'll feel oh so rewarding :mrgreen:!

Best of luck in your Haypi adventure ;)!
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

Rusty1

Post Tue May 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks for the reply Koenaj, I appreciate your feedback. It sure would be nice if Haypi would just put you on the payroll, and give you all the answers. You seem to be much more attentive on these forums than any of the support personal.

However, I'd really like to get some clarification from someone in support on this topic. Is this a Glitch, or is it possible for an epic monster to run out of moves in a capture situation? It should be a fairly simple question for support to answer.
<<

Rusty1

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:34 am

Bumping for an answer from support.
<<

-Espada-

Baron

Post Thu May 22, 2014 3:28 am

Rusty1 wrote:Thanks for the reply Koenaj, I appreciate your feedback. It sure would be nice if Haypi would just put you on the payroll, and give you all the answers. You seem to be much more attentive on these forums than any of the support personal.

However, I'd really like to get some clarification from someone in support on this topic. Is this a Glitch, or is it possible for an epic monster to run out of moves in a capture situation? It should be a fairly simple question for support to answer.

yeah... your welcome buddy...
HD - Server 2 (101)

Character Lvl: 39

Crystal Lvl: 40
Devil Lvl: 40
Bigeye Lvl: 37
Angelo Lvl: 31
Lava Lvl: 30
Leshy Lvl: 27
Roco Lvl: 25
Shell Lvl: 24
<<

Rusty1

Post Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

@espada... I apologize if I made you feel slighted. I do appreciate all feedback, but I really didn't post this topic for conjecture or debate. I just was hoping to get a concrete answer from support whether my capture experience is a natural occurring phenomenon of the game or some sort of glitch. Both times it happened I was using my original iPad, I've never had it happen when using my ipad4 but that could be a total coincidence.
<<

Rusty1

Post Tue May 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Well almost 1 week later, and still no response from Haypi support in regards to my simple question. Apparently their time is much more valuable than mine.
<<

support9

Elite

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:56 am

Rusty1 wrote:Today I was trying to capture a female Scythe in sealed space veteran 6. I started with 87 seal cards, and unfortunately I still hadn't caught it with only 11 cards left, then all of a sudden the battle scene disappeared and it went back to the main board like I'd killed scythe, but I hadn't. This is extremely frustrating considering I still had more seal cards left and 1 monster with half health remaining. This is actually the second time this has happened to me, the last time was on another account and it happened while trying to capture meniss. It also happened after another lengthy capture attempt, 75+ seal cards. I'm playing on an original iPad running iOS 5.1.1.

Hi Rusty1,

Sorry for the late reply. Your thread might have been drifted down by new topics.

Could you please recall and confirm your network connectivity stability then?

In the meantime, please note that:
1. if you've run out of skill pps
2. if you've reached the turns limit
3. if you've accidentally killed the opponent monster

you'll be kicked out of the battle.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Angela
Haypi Team

Return to Bug Report