FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Suggestion - Team Play

<<

Anguirius

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Suggestion - Team Play

I have a few suggestions to increase users and pay.

1) Add team exploration - Team Modes right now are not much more than respawning exp bonuses. Because they are so limited, there's very little chance or reason to make friends for them. Instead, add a Team Explore button to all scenes. This turns all maps in the scene into dual duel double-player just like Team Mode. The host (create rooms just like Team Mode, but only Pals can join one another) chooses normal, vet, or expert version of the map. Now, if the team beats a vet or expert mode, both lose one of their challenges.

To mitigate some exploitation, create a level cap for each scene and mode (ex. Jungle - lvl 12 for normal, lvl 25 for vet, and lvl 40 for expert). These levels can be automatically enforced (like lvl 60 is enforced in PVP), that way players can still use whoever they like. Still, scenes modes are locked based on the lowest team member, so a player can't just jump straight into Barren Lands expert.

2) Cycled super egg - Currently OELs are popping up through a 3 month cycle. What if, at the end of each cycle, for one day, there was one super egg available. This egg would cost 1600 (same as highest purchase amount), and it would guarantee one random OEL. It entices people to buy because it's an actual guarantee of a powerful monster. Also, it could further entice players to buy orange eggs later to get a breeding pair.

I suggest limiting one super egg per account, as it could entice more Orange Egg buys. But Haypi probably has a better idea of the proper structure.

3) Allow purchase of evolution items with coin purchase - This seems obvious. A player missing evolution items can purchase them from the in-game store for "coins." However, it's not exactly coins. A player can't use coins they already have, they must purchase a special evolution item package with real money. The packages would cost $5 USD, and the player would receive an evolution item of their choice plus 10 coins. It can be marketed as paying 40 coins for the item.

4) Make Arctica and Phoenix available - As an android user, I've never even seen these monsters used. From what I understand, even IOS has never been able to obtain Phoenix. Arctica seems like it would make sense to be a reward scroll (maybe Thorny Forest?). Phoenix could be part of a new mechanic like monster fusion.

5) Monster fusion - Allow players to fuse monsters together to improve them. Players keep the base monster and lose the fusion material monster. Like Synthesis, a player can add up to 5 fusion material monsters to a fusion. Each fusion material monster has a set value (based on rarity only). Every fusion adds to a bucket on the base monster. Once the bucket is filled, the base monster's grade increases by one. Each grade increase costs more monster fusion value to obtain. Once a monster reaches rank S, fusion cost levels off, but when full it adds 5 points to each stat (tied in with stat bet, still maxes at +[current level] altogether). Fusion would have a 6 hour cooldown with coin speed-up.

6) Phoenix birth - Special mechanic for creating Phoenix. Players must obtain one of every Epic monster (perhaps excluding Draconius), raise them to rank S, and max out their stat bet/fusion. At this point, each monster must receive enough fusion to fill their bucket one more time. Finally, starting with any one of the Epics as the base, players must fuse the rest into them (a special red bucket appears on the base monster) one at a time (must be done one at a time). When the last unique epic is fused into the base monster, a pop up asks if the player would like to sacrifice this "Ultimate Epic Monster." Saying yes sacrifices the monster and gives the player a Lvl 1, rank E- Phoenix whom they will need to use fusion to improve.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Suggestion - Team Play

Great to see someone come up with detailed ideas again!
I'll give my thoughts on every one of them:

I 100% agree there needs to be more team play! Your method is a great way, but I think it lacks originality. People would easily get bored if they have to repeat the same map over and over again.
Also, let's sketch a situation; what if someone has a single OP monster that can simply 1-hit everything it encounters? It would turn it into a brainless farming ground.
However, I fully support you with the team play!

I don't like this. This would mean everyone who can spend some money becomes the top tier of the Server. That would throw it off balance and people would lose interest to pay $55,- for a random OEL, as it won't make them a whole lot better. Only at single player modes.

I'm a big fan of catalysators becoming buyable, I've also suggested several ways of obtaining them by different means rather than mindless farming every day.
However, I think making them pay-2-buy would restrict too many people. Keep in mind that they're not that hard to obtain via Veteran & Expert Wheels.
I would suggest a new Essence that you can exchange for catalysators that can be obtained through Veteran, Expert and Team Mode Wheels, just like Essences of Wisdom & Life.

Yes, yes, and yesssss again! We've been waiting long enough for these two. Arctica has indeed been available throughout several Events in the iOS version, but the odds of obtaining a Scroll have appeared to be very low...
If they're to become Scroll Rewards, I would suggest swapping Sphierx and Arctica around, rather than putting Arctica in a Plant/Fire Map, and Sphierx in an Ice/Water Map! (I don't really see the logic of Haypi behind this in the first place :?...)

I'm not a big fan of this; it would allow people to create nearly impossible to beat monsters. There are already some combinations that are deemed overpowered, imagine what happens if those already overpowered monsters get even stronger :shock: ...

I definitely like the idea of Phoenix having its own way of obtaining, but I don't think getting one of every Epic would be a good idea. This would mean you'd have to get nearly impossible to get monsters such as Needles and Felicity. However, I fully support your idea of an alternative way of catching Phoenix!

Keep up the good work and have fun playing :mrgreen:!

Koen
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

Anguirius

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Suggestion - Team Play

1) My idea wouldn't be any single map that is constantly repeated, it's the whole game. Pals could take on any level that is unlocked by the least advanced party. Pals could take on vet and expert modes together for assistance and teamwork.

It is somewhat exploitable for people who want to farm/grind, but that's why I added the level restrictions. Even if your Pal has a lvl 60 Cerberus, it would only be lvl 12 when playing normal Jungle maps as a team. Obviously having super strong monsters is going to be an advantage for any Pal, but there's no real way around that. By the time players get to the truly difficult maps (SS expert and forward), it would still be a challenge with a level restriction in place. In fact, things like BL expert may have added difficulty since teamwork will be even more important.

2) This one isn't really about balance at all. If someone wants to buy their way to the top of the Android ladder right now, they can. The only player with multiple OELs is #1. Someone could buy a breeding pair of just about any OEL and jump up to at least 2. Paying to advance isn't something that can be worked around. Further, maybe I read the amounts wrong, but 1600 coins should be $100 on Android. If someone wants to pay $100 for a random OEL (not a specific one) at rank E, so be it. If it entices more people to buy, then it improves support and maintenance, which theoretically improves the game for everyone. I wouldn't mind giving some of the free legendaries a boost to more realistically compete, but giving more incentive to pay isn't inherently a bad thing.

3) This is just a hand in for Haypi. Like you said, if you need a specific evolution item (outside of Scrap Metal), it likely won't take more than two days of Expert/Vet modes to get it. The real-pay structure is about convenience. If a player is willing to spend the time to farm another currency to buy an evolution item, they probably don't mind using challenges to get it already. If someone just absolutely needs a specific item right away, that's a different story, and Haypi rightly should require some compensation for the convenience. Honestly, I expect that bought Scrap Metal would be 100X more prevalent than anything else, and I would spend 5 bucks to get it.

4) I like the idea of Arctica in OA and Sphierx in TF.

5) This is build primarily to help free players. I have a Felicity and Vertedeath that I'm just never going to use because I don't have $100 to spend on coins for a breeding pair and because a rank E is never going to be viable at the top of the ladder. Giving me the ability to increase rank actually levels the playing field because it means pay-players don't have another advantage with epics.

The stat bet portion works no differently than it does already, it just gives another method. Monsters would still max out at +60 to each stat. Now, instead of throwing 3+ million money into a monster just for the chance to get +60 across the board, you can supplement with fusions that guarantee +'s up to the max (still at level). Is it still faster for pay-players? Yes, as it always will. But now it levels things out a little more as free players have another method to catch up. No monsters become more powerful than they already are, but their strongest incarnation becomes more viable to achieve.

6) All epics is probably a little overboard. Perhaps one of each element, as that's still possible free (without losing someone's only Felicity/Vertedeath/Draconious). But yes, a special quest/series of tasks to obtain Phoenix makes sense to me. It would also be fun if Phoenix came with OEL-level stats and talents, if only due to how hard it would be to obtain.

Return to Suggestions