FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Chat

<<

SprawlingOak

Beginner

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:26 pm

New Chat

Now, there's certainly nothing wrong with the chat platform of this game, I just think this would be great (especially for me personally). Idk anything about coding or game design and haven't a clue how implausible an idea this is, but what if, big ol' IF... WHAT IF by hitting the chat button a transparent backdrop pulls up with current chat texts, instead of a new window all it's own. So, thereby hitting chat icon it will pop the current chats on your screen for you to read, but leave the screen available for viewing w/e it is you're doing from pvp, pve, questing, or just hanging out. You could see what's going on in your battles, or if you're waiting for a BL to open up you can see that, too. You would have to disengage chat in order to select skills in combat or join/create a room, but it may ease communication and responsiveness? Any thoughts? I'm sure I could have explained this better, haha.

-Oak
Server602:SprawlingOak
S List: Fenrir - Chimera - Pegasus - Behemoth - Leviathan - Hippogon - Setanic - Draconius - Flight - Cygness - Pewgway - Smiter - Rhor - Scythe - Brawny - Ignightmare - Pattafly - Neon - Clawpard - Meniss

Invite Code: 1YBTI
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: New Chat

I see where you're going, and it's definitely do-able coding-wise, but there are a few problems with this.

The places that have the Chat Button (Home, Maps, Matches and Waiting Rooms) all have important buttons scattered all over the screen, so there couldn't be any fixed position for the chat without disrupting an action. If they would crop the current screen, so it'd become a somewhat (30:70) proportion, 30 being chat, 70 being screen, it'd become too small, especially on iPods/Phones. (Comparable to having a wrong resolution on your desktop)

An option would be to make it slightly transparant, so it can still cover up the entire screen without interupting your current view, but as far as my coding knowledge goes, it would be impossible to read more than 6 lines on the chat (1 full screen), as you wouldn't be able to scroll up without moving your actual screen aswell.

tl;dr - Definitely possible, but I don't think it'd be wise to implent this, seeing how it would be quite messy.
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

SprawlingOak

Beginner

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Can always count on you for a quick reply, Koe. My idea falls more along the lines of the transparent option you suggested. Essentially, I was thinking it retain it's qualities as it is but have a transparent backdrop that enables you to see the screen you were previously on. So mid-battle you see what the battle is shaping up to be, or home screen you simply see the home screen. The backdrop not being fully transparent, perhaps a 10-15% opaque-ness that keeps the text legible, too, but transparent enough to know what's going on beyond the chat. I would expect no game functionality with this chat engaged, so you click the icon and all you can do is chat, but you still see rooms open if you were in pvp/pve lobby, or if you had made your own room you can tell when someone enters without having to hit the chat button to enter in and out of chat. You see? But you're probably right. Messy and not really worth the trouble yet. There are better upgrades to be made!
Server602:SprawlingOak
S List: Fenrir - Chimera - Pegasus - Behemoth - Leviathan - Hippogon - Setanic - Draconius - Flight - Cygness - Pewgway - Smiter - Rhor - Scythe - Brawny - Ignightmare - Pattafly - Neon - Clawpard - Meniss

Invite Code: 1YBTI
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

SprawlingOak wrote:Can always count on you for a quick reply, Koe. My idea falls more along the lines of the transparent option you suggested. Essentially, I was thinking it retain it's qualities as it is but have a transparent backdrop that enables you to see the screen you were previously on. So mid-battle you see what the battle is shaping up to be, or home screen you simply see the home screen. The backdrop not being fully transparent, perhaps a 10-15% opaque-ness that keeps the text legible, too, but transparent enough to know what's going on beyond the chat. I would expect no game functionality with this chat engaged, so you click the icon and all you can do is chat, but you still see rooms open if you were in pvp/pve lobby, or if you had made your own room you can tell when someone enters without having to hit the chat button to enter in and out of chat. You see? But you're probably right. Messy and not really worth the trouble yet. There are better upgrades to be made!

The only improvement this would make is for multiplayer options such as Team Mode & PvP as you mentioned.
I would definitely like this idea, and have thought about it myself often enough, but I don't see it happening :(.
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

Return to Suggestions