FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New skill to counter Talents

<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 pm

New skill to counter Talents

I was thinking of a way to avoid the cheap use of combo's such as Pressure, Taunt, and what not more that belongs in there, and I think a Skill would be nice here.

This skill, name debatable, I'd suggest something like Focus Down, would be able to neglect the effect of any Talent for any monster of the field for 1 turn.
Some of you might think this is overpowered, but think about it.
You won't be able to use your own Talent, and you're wasting a turn casting the buff!
IMO, the statistics should be:

Advanced Skill (only learnable by Epic and up)
Psychic Skill (this would sorta balance Ghost & Psychic. Ghost wouldn't be able to learn this skill, and Psychic can't learn PoD.
Power : -
PP : 3
Hit : -
Upgrading the skill would be:
Level. 50 - 100 Essence of Wisdom + 200.000 Silver - Effect lasts 2 turns.
Level. 60 - 250 Essence of Wisdom + 500.000 Silver - Effect lasts 3 turns.

Opinions please :ugeek:!
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

ariady

Baron

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 am

Re: New skill to counter Talents

i agree but it shouldnt be able to upgrade. or it will be too op. if the effect last for 3 turns then nobody care about talent anymore. only for 1 turn than it still make sense +1
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 am

ariady wrote:i agree but it shouldnt be able to upgrade. or it will be too op. if the effect last for 3 turns then nobody care about talent anymore. only for 1 turn than it still make sense +1

I can see how you think it's OP.

But keep in mind that this skill would take a lot of effort and sacrifices.
First of all, you'd have to use a skill slot for it, which can have a major impact on the OP-ness of the monster.

Secondly; unless you know which opponent you're facing, you'd have to ''waste'' a turn in order to find out if you would actually have to use the skill, which could take up an extra 2 turns, if, for instance, the Talent would be Invalidate and you want to PoD.

And last of all, Talents becoming worthless is only the case when a Server is overrun by it, but aren't some Servers already being overrun by Foresight and Martyrdom, as example ;)?
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

ariady

Baron

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 pm

ya but then only stat matter. because u nullify all talents for 3 turns. so basically pvp will become a place where OeL users the only one can win. and no one will use pewgway anymore cause when u use pewgway and the enemy use this skil for 3 turns, the pewgway cant do anything cause the enemy wont attack the pewgway. its simply remove pewgway from ur team and u lose 1 turn cause u have to change to another monster.
<<

Stavey

Conqueror

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:46 pm

ariady wrote:i agree but it shouldnt be able to upgrade. or it will be too op. if the effect last for 3 turns then nobody care about talent anymore. only for 1 turn than it still make sense +1

That's the point , to stop these cheap combos with an overpowered skill , and hey it's not that overpowered! they can also maybe make it cost 800 , just like PoD and I somehow agree that upgrading wouldn't be that great.. 3 turns is like almost all the game , no need for upgrades just like PoD
<<

ariady

Baron

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:17 am

Stavey wrote:

That's the point , to stop these cheap combos with an overpowered skill , and hey it's not that overpowered! they can also maybe make it cost 800 , just like PoD and I somehow agree that upgrading wouldn't be that great.. 3 turns is like almost all the game , no need for upgrades just like PoD

noooo. u didnt get my idea. its not just stopping cheap tricks but it will neglect talent's usefulness, and it will end up with OeL become the king of pvp.

No one will choose "resurrect or underdog" talent anymore they will choose the weather talent. and all of u that dont have OeL, will 100% lose.

If its for 1 turn its okay. because its fair already i think. u can kill verte in 1 turn.
<<

Stavey

Conqueror

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:18 am

i still prefer weather rather than underdog / resurrect as it's changable :lol:
<<

Chung6543

Beginner

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:33 am

Reducing pp every time u upgrade might round out the observed power (still worth upgrading because u can get more bang with a single move) or possibly you can add a hit rate like foresight.
<<

farting108

Citizen

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 am

Taunt can be countered with penetrate. Pressure, cAn be countered by swiftly killing the monster using it. Also, in every since of the way this move is overpowered, maybe if it only had a 20% chance to active at the beginning of each turn it could be ok. But the ability to cancel every talent every move is extremely overpowering. Did you ever think talents weren't always suppose to be cancelled? You shouldn't be able to cancel someone's talents because then your monster would be more like everyone else's in the sense that its even less customizable. You could make a better argument to ban talents altogether.
<<

FrenZy

Baron

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:55 am

Pressure is hard to counter because if you only have 1 super move you can only use it once, if you face a vert with foresight and you miss your PoD Super Move you won't win that fight.

Also most monsters with penetrate will get killed by the pewgs partner, unless you double penetrate. I have a double cleave sitting on my 4 monsters at all times if I go for dual duel just so pewg doesnt screw me over.

I wanna brain storm a bit more before I give any feed back to keonajs suggestion, he's onto something though, there's nothing wrong with an ability that can nullify talents and effects, nullify a foresight and then attack or nullify the taunt and attack the other monster.

Return to Suggestions