Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:10 am

An Idea to Generate Revenue: Monster Packs

The obvious comparison for this game is Pokemon of course, but it can also be compared to a Trading Card Game such as Magic the Gathering in the sense that there are some very strong and hard to attain epic and legendary monsters, but with enough cash you can easily buy them.

This brings me to the idea of selling a random "pack" of monsters, kind of like a booster pack for a trading card game. My idea would be to sell a number of random monsters/ items (between 2 and 5) for a "reasonable" price (which is up for debate) and this pack of monsters could possibly contain an epic or legendary monster, or even contain any monster already at "S" grade, or a chest, key, or some other item.

Players would be interested in buying it for the possibility of receiving higher grade monsters that they could train, synthesize, or use for breeding, and the possibility of getting an extremely rare monster.

My Example using hard numbers would be as follows.
15 Gold Coins for a Haypi Monster Pack
Includes: (for a total of 5, 3 monsters/ 2 items or 4 monsters/ 1 item)
3-4 Monsters
1-2 Items

One of the monsters has 1% chance of being epic, 10% chance to be rare, otherwise is uncommon.
The other monster slots have a 0.01% chance of being epic, 1% chance of rare, 40% uncommon, and otherwise is common.
Each monster has a 1% chance to be S Class, 4% for A class, 10% B class, 20% C class, 30% D class and otherwise E class.

You get the idea. Even if a player doesn't get a difficult to obtain monster, he can still get a unique monster he doesn't have, or a monster with a high grade, or maybe some good items.

I bet this could generate a steady source of revenue if priced correctly. What do you guys think?