Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:33 am

Meta suggestion

I have a meta suggestion, that is a suggestion regarding the suggestion thread.

Background

I've seen many suggestions, and it is hard to keep up with the quality of the suggestions and the overall response of the community to them. How can we assess if a suggestion is appealing to the players and should be given attention by the Haypi team? I mean, you can't simply count the responses in a thread that number doesn't indicate whether people agree or support the suggestions.

Suggestion

Thus, I suggest that it would be good to add a voting system (thumbs up, plus one, what ever) to evaluate the suggestions and to support suggestions that are appealing.

The main benefits that occur to me are two fold (and surely are more and drawbacks too, but I would let other to add them). First, it would help the Haypi team to assess which suggestions have more community support and may push them, instead of reading all the posts. Second, it may help to keep the thread cleaner. For example, if something that I want to suggest is already there, I can simply up-vote it, instead of commenting "me too," which by the way may even go without notice. At the same time, if you include down-voting, the community can filter the features that they consider more appealing. Although the down-voting may impulse some hate and other bad stuff, but that is why you have moderators for, right? :?

Disclaimer: I didn't read all the posts, so if someone suggested this before, please merge or delete the post accordingly.