Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Advanced skills

This is kind of a two parter...

So there are moves like solar smite and water torrent that have 110 power, 75 accuracy, and cause you to miss your next turn. These are supposed to be the best attacks in the game (you get them from expert modes) but it seems like their usefulness is pretty limited. Of course a 110 power attack should have a drawback, but these moves have two or three. You miss your next turn, 75% accuracy seems to be nearly 0, and there's only 3 pp. I think that the accuracy should be increased to 85-90% in order to make the move worth the trouble and the other drawbacks can stay.

On a related note, since those types of moves are only useful in certain situations, it would be nice if the CPU didn't constantly use them in ladder. So, like many other people have suggested, I think there should be some sort of control over the choices made in the ladder. For each monster, there could be a priority ranking for each move, ranked 1-4, where 1 would be the highest-priority skill used and 4 would be the lowest priority. I think some other people's suggestions on this topic are actually better but they seem pretty involved and complicated, so I chose this for simplicity in case the other systems are too difficult to implement.