FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rediculous update

<<

Rusty1

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:52 am

Rediculous update

I just want to preface this rant by stating that I've been playing this game in some way, shape or form for over 2 years now. I really do enjoy the game, and have obviously been hooked on it for a while. Now, unfortunately that's where all the compliments stop.

I think most of us that have played this game for a long time have noticed the steady decline of fellow players, updates and developer support for over a year now. The server merge and addition of two new scenes (deadly desert and oceans abyss) were a great idea and brought a lot of old players back from the dead, unfortunately that was almost a year ago. That's why I was so excited and very surprised to see an upcoming update. I'd pretty much assumed that haypi was done with this great game. Well, I think I was right.

This update has to be the most half-assed, poorly executed, poorly thought out content update I've ever seen from any app dev team. Let's start with the implementation of the update, what happened here? Why were we locked out of the game for almost 24hrs? Was it just Poor planning, miscommunication, Or just a complete lack of attention to detail?

We then can move onto the fact that this update added next to nothing in content, but yet somehow managed to lock-out all users of older iOS devices that aren't able to upgrade beyond iOS 5.1, users that before this forced update, had no problems playing the game on their devices. The response from our brilliant support team "iOS 5 is a bit layback", well that's fine but according to the description on the app store this game is still compatible with ios5 or later. So either change the description or make it compatible again with our "layback" devices.

And now for the main reason behind this piece of crap update, the mysterious "Magic Matrix" addition. I thought haypi's item and power descriptions were vague at best in the past, but this update brings a whole new meaning to obscure descriptions. I could find out more information about the "magic matrix" system by talking to my dog, then what Haypi has given us. What's the big secret? Why take the time to add a new boosting system in an update, then give absolutely no information about the advantages of the boosts. We didn't even get the typically obscure haypi descriptions like "significantly increase" or "greatly increase". We got Absolutely nothing, no information at all, it's just insane. But wait, it gets better.

So we now have a "magic matrix" boosting system that we know almost nothing about, but luckily haypi has implemented a very lucrative daily reward system to try and obtain rewards to help us achieve unknown boosts. Wow, so nice of them!! unfortunately this portion of the update is just as flawed as the rest. We have a daily ranking system, which outwardly seems pretty interesting until you realize that it only ranks players that achieve 9000 points and above. I would love to know if any player, on any server has even come close to achieving 9000 points as of yet? By my un-scientific calculations of 5 points for a spin, and the shortest average time to achieve a spin being on jungle 1. Of which my average time for 10 spins was about 45secs a piece. Someone would have to play jungle 1 continuously for 23 hours straight, in order to reach 9000 points. Who, came up with these ridiculous goals?

In summation, I'm frustrated. Im sure you guys can tell. It just sucks to see a game that I've had such a great time with, and really has so much potential, be almost completely abandoned.
<<

MasterWill

Conqueror

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:12 am

Re: Rediculous update

Agree

I already gave my comments to this update but again:
They gave us just a new way to milk us out on same finished maps.
Phase 1 Dry Out
Phase 2 Slavery ( now )
Phase 3 Disappiontment ( after no updates )

This System is always in every Game but some
Games do it slowly which is natural but Haypi does it really fast and
thats how greedy companies like Glu or Gameloft also do!

Im sure Haypi will add at least one new map and all left monsters till Summer
and then "Bye bye quick Money"
<<

redz_minion

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:30 pm

...hmmmm well somehow agree....but at least you guys got the update already.....us in android dnt feel anything yet...
<<

dggamer

Baron

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Completely agree we don't have the update on Venide yet not sure maybe they realise it's a load of sh.it. 9000 daily points is a joke who's going to invest the time to do that?! I'm not bothered that we don't have the update they didn't add anything worthwhile I find it hard to believe that support can be so clueless. Why they didn't just merge all servers add new maps and reinstall pvp rewards that would of been easy maybe add a shop to spend prestige. That would of been the perfect update but no they just give us this. Personally won't be playing haypi again until a decent update comes out if it ever does.
YouTube channel: MattsGaMeS65 (haypi videos)
Level40 originally from server 1000.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:59 pm

The update could've definitely been executed better.
I agree that the Magic Matrix description is very vague. I too would like to get more detailed information regarding this new feature.

In my opinion, the Daily Reward activity has a lot of potential, it just needs to be executed better and more thorough.
Think about more ways to achieve points, a bigger variation of rewards and whatnot. I'm sure the community can think of some great additions to this Activity.

Surely, it's not the best update we've ever got, but we got what we asked for. The community asked for an Activity that could be repeated without cooldown, and we got one. If Haypi were to simply add another new map and another Legendary, I'm fairly sure most people would be like ''This is a bad update, we only got a single map and Legendary.''.
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

MasterWill

Conqueror

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Koenaj wrote:The update could've definitely been executed better.
I agree that the Magic Matrix description is very vague. I too would like to get more detailed information regarding this new feature.

In my opinion, the Daily Reward activity has a lot of potential, it just needs to be executed better and more thorough.
Think about more ways to achieve points, a bigger variation of rewards and whatnot. I'm sure the community can think of some great additions to this Activity.

Surely, it's not the best update we've ever got, but we got what we asked for. The community asked for an Activity that could be repeated without cooldown, and we got one. If Haypi were to simply add another new map and another Legendary, I'm fairly sure most people would be like ''This is a bad update, we only got a single map and Legendary.''.

U mean we should suggest new options for getting activity points just to see they never reply to a suggestion whether its gonna be implemented or not?
I think this community has enough of suggesting for nothing.
Community never asked for an Activity to play 5-6h a day and just get these stupid low items. Haypi think its just this öow worth to play this boring Game 6h -24h a day? We want activities which are Fun to play not to be frustrated.
If Haypi added 3 maps and 25 monsters then it would be less frustrating.
Fact is this update was worthless!
<<

Rusty1

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Believe me, I understand this game is of no use to Haypi if it doesn't make them money, that's just common sense. So why on earth did they bother with an update that features almost no new revenue generating content, and basically eliminated a whole group of players who use older devices? More players= more competition= more revenue, it just makes no business sense at all.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with the Haypi Monster Dev team, but it sure seems like the ones making the decisions obviously don't play the game. At some point, someone built a fantastic, fun, well balanced, and well thought out pokemon clone game called Haypi Monster. The person or persons, that created this game were obviously passionate about putting out one of the best pokemon clone games available on ios. I have a feeling that ,that person, or persons have long been gone from the team.

I don't want to criticize haypi any longer, I think I've said enough. There's no point in beating a dead horse. I'd now like to offer my suggestions for improving the game.

1)Add a new scene or scenes. If revenue is an issue, make it an in app purchases. I'd be more than happy to shell out a couple bucks for some new scenes. And I know a lot of other well established players would do the same.

2) With the new scenes, add some legendary scrolls to obtain to make the scenes more desirable. Arctica and Phoenix come to mind because they're basically unobtainable at the moment, but a Magic and Ghost legendary would make more sense, to be the "free" counterparts to pegasus and baha.

3) Bring back Pvp rewards, but make them tiered by player level. So for example level 20 players wouldn't have to compete for a single prize against an well established level 40. This would encourage players just starting out to be more involved with PVP. No newbie likes getting destroyed over and over by a veteran player, and conversely most veterans don't enjoy beating up Newbs.

4) Show your opponents monster stats in pvp mode, this would only fuel more playing and more competition, and probably more spending.

4) Provide percentage increases or decreases next to the buff and debuff icons. Clarity would go a long way in this regard. This would clear up a lot of confusion on what combinations stack, how much they stack and how effective they actually are. This would also help players establish strategies for their team.

I have more suggestions, but I have a feeling it's a pointless endeavor.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Rusty1 wrote:Believe me, I understand this game is of no use to Haypi if it doesn't make them money, that's just common sense. So why on earth did they bother with an update that features almost no new revenue generating content, and basically eliminated a whole group of players who use older devices? More players= more competition= more revenue, it just makes no business sense at all.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with the Haypi Monster Dev team, but it sure seems like the ones making the decisions obviously don't play the game. At some point, someone built a fantastic, fun, well balanced, and well thought out pokemon clone game called Haypi Monster. The person or persons, that created this game were obviously passionate about putting out one of the best pokemon clone games available on ios. I have a feeling that ,that person, or persons have long been gone from the team.

I don't want to criticize haypi any longer, I think I've said enough. There's no point in beating a dead horse. I'd now like to offer my suggestions for improving the game.

1)Add a new scene or scenes. If revenue is an issue, make it an in app purchases. I'd be more than happy to shell out a couple bucks for some new scenes. And I know a lot of other well established players would do the same.

2) With the new scenes, add some legendary scrolls to obtain to make the scenes more desirable. Arctica and Phoenix come to mind because they're basically unobtainable at the moment, but a Magic and Ghost legendary would make more sense, to be the "free" counterparts to pegasus and baha.

3) Bring back Pvp rewards, but make them tiered by player level. So for example level 20 players wouldn't have to compete for a single prize against an well established level 40. This would encourage players just starting out to be more involved with PVP. No newbie likes getting destroyed over and over by a veteran player, and conversely most veterans don't enjoy beating up Newbs.

4) Show your opponents monster stats in pvp mode, this would only fuel more playing and more competition, and probably more spending.

4) Provide percentage increases or decreases next to the buff and debuff icons. Clarity would go a long way in this regard. This would clear up a lot of confusion on what combinations stack, how much they stack and how effective they actually are. This would also help players establish strategies for their team.

I have more suggestions, but I have a feeling it's a pointless endeavor.

I love all these ideas except #4. I really suggest you make a Topic on the Suggestion Forum about it, even if you think it's useless.
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

Return to General Discussion