FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just beat BL expert 15!

<<

Anguirius

Post Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Just beat BL expert 15!

I am quite excited. I just beat Barren Lands expert mode after about a month of fighting. The double dose of free revive cards helped a lot, though in the end I used up fewer than I expected. For anyone still fighting the good fight or not yet there, here's one more piece of evidence that it's possible.

I don't know how much help I can be, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

My primary lineup was consistent, but I changed some moves and talents (noted in parentheses):
Angelo (Unnerve BL 1-12) (Intimidate BL 12-15) - Psychic Thrust, Absorption, Mind Bending +2, Water Bombs +2
Devil (Unnerve BL 1-12) (Intimidate BL 12-15) - Hypnosis, Absorption, Boulder +2, Cunning +2
Leviathan (Thorn II) - POD, Water Torrent, Rain Prayer (BL 1-10), Water Bombs (BL 11-15), Absorption
Neon (Adaptability) - Thunderstorm, Lightning Strike, Electric Net (BL 1-10), Psychic Thrust (BL 11-15), Slash.

My sub:
LVL 50 Brawny - learned techs only. I started building him up in preparation for synthing Setanic. Anytime I couldn't use one of the monsters above, I subbed him in. As a lvl 50 with no great moves or stat bets, he wasn't overly useful, but was pretty stout situationally. Since there are a number of epic and legendary fire monsters in the last levels, Brawny could often take one out or at least buy time for someone else to heal. He was especially useful in softening up opposing Cerberuses when my stronger monsters had been weakened.

I actually picked up Leviathan during Holy Ruins expert mode (finally got enough ladder prestige to open some of the unique monsters for silver). Levi was the MVP most of the maps, but Angelo and Devil were extremely useful. Having multiple monsters than can heal themselves seems like a must by the later levels, since items are often locked and you'll need to deal with much higher than average misses with your skills. All my main group was level 60 by the end, though Levi was highly useful as early as level 50 with POD.
<<

Bullhead81

Warlord

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:06 am

Re: Just beat BL expert 15!

Grats!!! I remember when I was stuck at BL-13 forever and once I got past that hurdle 14 an 15 went easier.Of course this was about a year ago when I played HM.

Now you have some really tough expert levels coming up! Ocean's Abyss 14 or 15 is where I got stumped again. Then I went over to TLT and quit HM.

Signature design by Stavey
<<

Anguirius

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm on Android right now, and I don't have any IOS devices, so I don't think I can move over to TLT anyway. So is expert Thorny Forest easier than Barren Lands? I would certainly enjoy a legendary team, but I think I'm going to give myself a few days before jumping into another BL expert scenario.

Also, just for fun, but does anyone know if any maps have better or worse odds of having Scrap Metal in the wheel? I finally have 200 EoL, and want to start building up the monsters for Hippogon's synthesis. Unfortunately while I have two Flaunts for breeding, I only have 2 scrap metal. In the last two months of BL expert and using up the extra attempts in rushes, I've seen only 3 total scrap metals in two wheels (both in Canyon vet when trying to get a Thor scroll). I was under the impression that the evolution items showed up more often in expert modes, but I could be wrong.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey Anguirius,

Congrats on beating Barren Land Expert :D Go get that Setanic!

Thorny Forest is most definitely not easier than Barren Land. Especially the later levels are tricky... Some mini-bosses have Level. 70+ OELs, whereas I remember the Thorny Forest Expert-15 end boss being a Psychoe :roll:...

Obtaining a Scrap Metal is completely random. I've been stuck on these for so terribly long... I believe it took me 3 months to get my last Scrap Metal! I sincerely hope you have better luck than I had!
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

Anguirius

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks, Koenaj. I'm really hoping the Scrap Metal shows up soon. I don't know if Hippo is going to end up being all that good, but I like it anyway. I still need to knock out the vet modes past Barren Lands, so maybe I'll just do those through DD as my self-imposed break.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Even if you won't use Hippogon, it'll still be a nice addition to your collecting, brining you one step closer to Leviathan, which is an absolute beast!
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

Anguirius

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Oh I know it! Likely the only reason I beat BL was because I spent a bunch of time during Holy Ruins vet/expert building up my collection. Leviathan absolutely carried me through the latter BL expert levels.
<<

Akaiyou_489

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:37 am

I am absolutely shocked that you cleared BL expert with THAT line up lol like holy rainbow dude...those monsters need serious improving but you made it anyway which is mind boggling and humbling at the same time.

You sir have proven that time and effort can indeed trump logic.

Leviathan is indeed a huge help in BL tho.

Well done, and my utmost kudos. I am in awe that you pulled that off. If you'd like some tips on how to make your monsters even more effective in the future head on over to my Build Monster guide that's stickied in this forum. I think you may have ur own mind blown by some of the info contained within it's page.

I'm more or less constantly updating it. Currently working on adding RARE monster coverage as well.

Return to General Discussion