FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Building an epic team

<<

donimic

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Building an epic team

So i have been playing for about 3-4 weeks and I'm beginning to get to the point where I'm getting a lot of S class epics and progression through zones is slowing down a bit. Because of this i want to be as time efficient as possible so I thought I would come to you for some advice and wisdom.

Currently i am just about finished with CS normal progression and my main team is mid/upper 40s but before i spend too much time leveling monsters im going to replace I wanted to get a clear strategy on what to use. I have read the Monster Builder guide for specific monster builds but since i dont know what lays ahead of me i didnt know if i should focus leveling specific monsters.

Focused primarily on PvE progression (i want to get as far in this as possible before going hardcore into PvP and Ladder) what comp would you recommend I build?

This far I have:

S Ignitemare
S Smiter
S Pewgway
S Brawny
S Rhor
S Flight

I have but need to pick up a second to breed to S:
Purrfection
Kreepie
Draco
Neon
Angelo
Devil

I can also farm up the other Epics that are available to me thus far but havent put a lot of work into getting them yet since i have my hands busy with everything else but, for example if Neon is better than Rhor for progression I would like to focus on it, or just focus on Rhor and not waste time on Neon if he is better. The same with the other Cave Epics.

Mainly I write this because, I got my Angelo at like 2-3 or something stupid early and he was hella strong at that point so he is my highest monster... but then i was thinking, and i have heard from many others that Purrfection is better than him even as an epic so I would think why waste time and exp on him if he is easily replaced by someone i already have. or why try to catch a second one to breed to S if i can put my time into something else.... and this expanded to all of my toons

Anyways... thanks for your help in advance, you guys are awesome!

PS - i know there is no "perfect" progression group but even telling me to focus on 4-6 toons can get me started and i can learn from experience afterwards
<<

Bullhead81

Warlord

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Re: Building an epic team

Definetely get Neon, Draco (even at C rank) with adapt, and Meniss going.

Flight tech 2, Rhor adrenaline, Ignight intimidate, are what I would try for and work on, but so far your team is well rounded, and I would continue working on leveling them all, you will need them. :)
A few guides to look at if you havent seen them yet,

viewtopic.php?f=640&t=20195

viewtopic.php?f=640&t=21072

If you do happen to get another Angelo to breed with, its not bad, Personally I didnt even use a psychic much when I played. Didnt get a Purr until I was level 26? But if you get a breeder for your purr, roll with it, and just keep angelo on sidelines.
Rhor vs Neon: Rhor is a glass cannon, hits hard but dies fast when hit. Neon can take hits, is Still strong with adapt, and more suited for PvE in my opinion.
Meniss will help a lot especially in CS where the physicals cant hit you, except with dam POISON PAW. I never got verte or a baha, so i used Meniss a good bit.
I used Draco adapt C rank all the way up through Holy ruins, around then I had Cerberus breeding, and used them. So dont discount it even though its C rank, It does more damage than Iggy S I think

Brawny is good, Scythe is better
Smiter good, Patta better
of course these you'll look at later in game.

Whatever you decide, do NOT sacrifice any epic breeding pairs!! IE: If you have a pair of Iggy that yeild a S, keep them! you will need them later for Levi, Setanic, etc!

I havent played in about 8 months, about the time Pegasus and Baha took everything over, making it suck. so take my advise with some salt. Hopefully Koenaj or someone will post soon too.
Good luck!!
My favorite Epics were Flight tech2 boulder, frenzied, poison leaves and soak. Flight penetrate, for the foreskin taunt pvpers. Meniss, and Neon adapt.
That was before I got Fenrir, Chimera, Cerb, Hydra, Mino. lol I never got Behemoth, Pegasus, or Baha.

Signature design by Stavey
<<

Akaiyou

Beginner

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:55 am

Ignightmare/Draco are decent epics at best even fully upgraded they just don't pull their weight like other choices. But can be useful in clearing Thorny Forest

Smiter can be used against the Earth type monsters you'll encounter in Barren Land, Thorny Forest and specially Deadly Desert so I recommend you put some work into your smiter. But he's pretty much on the same boat as the fire epics. Just decent at best

Pewgway and Rhor are a GREAT combination together and are amongst the best epics around. Pewgway is borderline legendary and id dare say it's the best epic period giving the most bang for the buck a strong pewgway will carry you through Barren Land, Ocean Abyss and Deadly Desert with ease. Rhor helps out a LOT in Ocean Abyss.

Neon, its a bit difficult to catch the breed, but if u can do it then go for it. He's better than Rhor and a real strong Neon is arguably the best epic after Pewg.He is also borderline legendary when upgraded.

Brawny is solid, i recommend sand theraphy avoid Armor 3. Brawny has the most ATK power out of epic monsters put it to use. Many players foolishly dismiss brawny until they get a massive boulder to the face. Scythe isn't "better" than Brawny at all like a lot of people believe, Scythe has a cheezy talent "Resurrect" that lets it use one single move more effectively "Martyrdom" which does insane damage (doesn't work on ghosts tho) this is inpractical for PvE for obvious reasons since ur sacrificing your monster and all that. Brawny is steadily powerful

Flight is pretty good but not particularly for single player so avoid him, dump extra physical moves onto him. In case u get a second boulder or fire blast, he makes a good depository for extra 90 ATK moves.

Angelo and Devil both suck, devil is the worst legendary monster in the game.

Purrfection is amazing with psychic barrier against other psychic monsters. He may be worth leveling if u end up having a lot of trouble taking down the few psychic mid bosses that you'll encounter but for the most part you dont need purrfection.

Meniss is great! Build it up well and ALWAYS switch to meniss when you encounter an enemy Flight. They wont be able to hit ur meniss letting u get a free kill. And meniss is a good monster in any mode.

In CS anything goes.
In Barren Land having a strong Brawny will get you through almost all of barren land. The later parts of barren land a Strong Pewgway or Cygness will breeze right through.
In Thorny Forest you'll need a mix of monsters because there's many types there, Draco/Ignightmare, Smiter, Meniss, Neon would do well as a team.
Ocean Abyss can be easily cleared by any team of water and electric types. Pewg/Cygness + Rhor/Neon. I've done so with all but Rhor
Deadly Desert can be easily overcome, almost laughably easily overcomed by pure water. Pewg/Cygness full power will breeze through the entire thing.

So to reiterate my recommended monsters for PvE are

Pewgway, Cygness, Neon, Brawny. You'll have problems with Thorny forest but you'll completely crush the other 3. So just make sure you get something ready for TF and you'll do fine.
Feel that Encyclopdia is overpriced?
Sign the petition to change it!
Find this petition @ www.ipetitions.com/petition/FixHaypi
<<

Bullhead81

Warlord

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks Akaiyou for clarifying me some, its been awhile since i played HM, I said scythe was better, i should have clarified in terms of speed for pvp really. I did use my res scythe along with mino to clear BL expert, so it was useful.

Really if he has the time between main epics getting the others to S and leveled will help at some point ingame.

Start saving coins for OEL's too. always nice to have!

<<

dggamer

Baron

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:21 am

Some nice epics are smiter with overgrow 3 as talent he will carry you far. Then clawpard when you get to barren land so maybe save some exp cards on the side for him. He's widely considered the best epic apart from verte/ felicity but they cost money. Scythe is also a nice one to use I remember back in the day scythe was the one to have. Personally I don't like meniss I'd go for a cygness over it any day. Neon is also a nice one to use. If you aren't concentrating on Pvp then just put pod and their respective element moves on like for instance chill for clawpard as same element moves do 50% more damage. Hope this helps.
YouTube channel: MattsGaMeS65 (haypi videos)
Level40 originally from server 1000.
<<

Akaiyou

Beginner

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Clawpard is a great monster, but being considered best epic?

Pewgway and Neon would like to have a word with you....they disagree.

Also Clawpard is terrible for the maps he's asking about since there's fire monsters in those. For example Clawpard on Deadly Desert?? Doubt it.

In thorny forest he'd be hit by fire too, but thorny is a big mess anyway so that could go either way.

So that only leaves ocean abyss where he wouldn't have any natural predators, but most people will agree a water/electric combo is def the best way to blow righ through OA. I have a full powered Neon and took me like 30-45mins to clear all of OA i was shocked how easy it was.

Admittedly I didn't attempt any of these levels with clawpard.

To Clawpard's credit he is AWESOME and i'd def put him in my top 5 Epics. Perhaps even top 3, but Pewgway shuts down legendaries better than any other monster in the game (taunt + foresight + its natural DEF/MDEF), Neon can murder just about anything that isn't earth type this makes him extremely good for any mode, specially since he synergizes so well with Pewg. Inverse Clawpard is a happy inbetween of power and defense.

So to the OP, by all means get yourself a clawpard, but use the other monsters for maps after you clear DD you can start working on your Clawpard, its a great monster to have for pvp/ladder. Another thing that makes clawpard great, is that Fire epics are not good so you don't see nearly as much of them around.
<<

dggamer

Baron

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:31 am

Yes taunt foresight pewg with an electric monster is the best all round combo for two epics hands down I remember everyone used to use that in pvp I myself had two taunt foresight pewgs. But for 1/1 fighting my money is on clawpard for most effective all round. I mean it's a tough call whalorn and fearivy can be mean if made properly but FA3 claw is a hard one to match. Unless you use verte or fel they can shut all epics down.
YouTube channel: MattsGaMeS65 (haypi videos)
Level40 originally from server 1000.
<<

donimic

Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Awesome thanks for the detailed information guys:

So basically to summarize what I heard across the board, noting that people have differing opinions.

Current Team for PvE progression:
Pewgway
Neon
Brawny
Purrfection/Draco **

**4th Spot to be replaced with Meniss or Pattafly as I can collect, breed, and level them

Eventually it looks like people prefer the use of Scythe and Clawpard for PvP and I will start building them as I have time after breeding my PvE team.

Extra Question: Is Pewgway really that good outside of a 2v2 match? I understand the taunt/foresight combo when paired with a high dmg teammate but what makes him that good solo?

Any other thoughts to expand on my summary? When I get more free time I'll post the builds I was thinking about and ask for more critique.

thanks again
<<

Akaiyou

Beginner

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:27 am

Pewgway with Resurrect and Soak is great for single player. Think about it, he's a frigging TANK a very very very serious tank, you can clear all of Barren Land and Deadly Desert with a pewgway like that. His damage is not that good but in single player you don't need crazy high attack power. Monsters that can take damage and heal are more beneficial aswell as monsters that can change weather.

Pewgway is simply awesomeness in a can (or turtle)
<<

Bullhead81

Warlord

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 am

Akaiyou wrote:Pewgway with Resurrect and Soak is great for single player. Think about it, he's a frigging TANK a very very very serious tank, you can clear all of Barren Land and Deadly Desert with a pewgway like that. His damage is not that good but in single player you don't need crazy high attack power. Monsters that can take damage and heal are more beneficial aswell as monsters that can change weather.

Pewgway is simply awesomeness in a can (or turtle)

I agree 100%, I caught cygness way late in the game so I had Pewg res as my main water mob. Like you said, he didn't do a ton of damage but definetly got me through some maps that I know Cyg would have died on. Of course all that was before I got Hydra and Levi.
Pewg is a great Epic!!

Next

Return to General Discussion