FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

S Class Epic vs Lesser Class Legendary

<<

donimic

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:29 pm

S Class Epic vs Lesser Class Legendary

So i just recently started playing (im level 16) and I got an E class Angelo. Obviously the more rare a monster the better they are, but I would also like to compare this to some of the epic monsters I have. Having just gotten high enough level to breed I started breeding my Bluegway (the only epic monster i have 2 of) towards S class.

Since I doubt i will be lucky to randomly get 2 legendary monsters of differing sexes any time soon I was wondering if it were better to work on filling my roster with S class epics or if using a lesser class legendary was better.

Any thoughts on the matter?
<<

MasterWill

Conqueror

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Re: S Class Epic vs Lesser Class Legendary

It depends on what you gonna use your monster for?
Only maps? PvP or Ladder? You can build a monster for maps and ladder but for pvp it would be less compatible and so with other combinations.

Free Legendaries like Setanic and Leviathan are not that good as orange egg legendaries but they are rly close to them.

But you want to know Epic vs Free Legendaries.
Angelo and Devil are rly weak compared to free legends like Setanic cause they are catchable.
Angelo S vs Purr S = Purrfection S wins ( so now you know its worth make purr to S and let Angelo E sitting there and watch purr destroys Pegasus )
Clawpard S is a must have if you dont have Fenrir
Meniss vs Devil = Meniss wins
Oogway vs Levi = levi
Cygness vs levi = cygness adapt better atk, levi better def
Draco vs sphierx = same as above
Neon vs Gryph = same as above but gryph is way faster and maybe gryph is still stronger
setanic vs scythe = setanic wins

Epics are easier to get than free legends
Epics and Legends have different talents so it depends on which talent you got on both and that is why its sometimes hard to say which one is better but after all free legends are stronger and orange eggs are strongest otherwise it would not be logic.

I would get S Purr with barrier, clawpard S with Inverse, Draco, Cygness and Neon S with adapt. Meniss and devil are not worth it. Get Smiter S and later Faerivy S. Scythe S with Res is strong and way better than Boopy and still quite ok compared to Setanic ( i saw scythe wining vs setanic already )

I hope this helps a bit, normally i dont write much in this forums anymore but you needed help and i had time. Good luck !
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi donimic,

MasterWill pretty much explained everything you needed to know for your time on Haypi monsters. Generally speaking, no non-S monster is worth putting time and effort into unless you're very early in the game.

Getting your Oogway to S is definitely the best move to make at this moment. It will be much stronger than your E Angelo. Normally, the order of importancy is : Paid Legendaries (OELs) > Free Legendaries beside the dragons > Epics > Dragon Legendaries.

However, if you do run into another gender Angelo and or Devil, please do not hestitate to get it and breed them to S! They might not be as powerful as other Legendaries, but they surely pack quite a punch!

If you have any other questions regarding anything really, feel free to ask around, we'll be here to help you out!

Best of luck,
Koen
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

Potatoes4382

Citizen

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:24 pm

I have no clue how Ignightmare is better than dragon legendaries :lol:
<<

donimic

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:50 pm

awesome, thanks for the quick reply and excellent information. As I mentioned, I'm not very far into the game, even my highest monsters are in their upper-20s and not quite to the space zone yet. But i was thinking about it and figured I would be as time efficient as i could and try to get higher class monsters before i spent the time and silver to level the lower classed buddies.

As a general idea would you think it would be better to focus on getting s-class epics and then level everything or should i try to get to a certain level of the game with any random monsters and then once im really stuck go back and try to get stronger monsters and level them.

I was thinking of this because I'm beginning to feel a little bit of a struggle progressing in the zones. So i didnt know if i should spend my time just leveling poor-class monsters i randomly caught or trying to breed into stronger base stats and then level.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:35 am

I would settle with at least your S Oogway (Pewgway ASAP if possible!), C Draco and two other elements that don't necessarily have to be S just yet.
However, I do suggest to pressure getting a team of 4 different elemented S monsters early on. Monsters such as Smiter (Grass), Oogway (Water), Ignightmare (Fire) and Brawny (Earth) make up a great team!

My tip would be to get at least Expert Mode unlocked, and then slowly start to focus on your team. You can also try your luck with Plain Eggs (80.000 Silver), it's risky, but getting a free Epic at low level is definitely worth it!

Just keep in mind that Haypi isn't a game that has to be rushed. Keep things at a nice and steady pace, but don't try to complete the entire game in a few months, it just won't do.

Good luck!
Koen
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

Return to General Discussion