FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Counter to Bahamut?

<<

dooboosoda

Beginner

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:24 am

Counter to Bahamut?

So I'm actually playing monster-wartune, a spin-off of Haypi Monster.

This version doesn't have deadly desert. It's basically a version before haypi.
The game launched around May and it's been a month or two.

People in the server are about level 23 ~ 25.

I was just wondering how I can counter Bahamut?

Among the top ladder players, I see top 2 - top 6 running Bahamut. They either run 2 Bahamuts or 1 Bahamut and a devil.

I was wondering how I could counter them?

My current line-up is the following

1. Pegasus (S) - Lv 58

Talent : Magic Barrier

Skills :

Psychic Thrust +1
Mind-Bending + 1
Magic Storm
Magic Mirror

2. Leviathan (S) - Lv 44

Talent : Rain MATK

Skills :
Water Torrent
Erupting Spring -> Water Torrent at Lvl 50
Rain Prayer
Power of Darkness

3. Draconius (C) - Lvl 55

Talent : Adaptability
Pyroblast
Fire Blast
Wild Fire
Smack

4. Neon (S) - Lvl 56

Talent : Adaptability
Slash
Lightning
Thunderstorm
Electrocute

5. Angelo (E) - Lvl 51

Talent : Intimidate
Psychic Thrust
Spirit Channel
Mind-Bending
Memory Wipe

I am currently working on breeding Rhor so I could prepare for Gryphion.

I know that my epic / angelo line-ups are pretty bad. Other than Neon, I have no S monster among epic.

Any suggestion would be welcome. Please let me know if you have a suggestion.

I've been trying to get my talents changed on my legendaries but I always keep getting the same one as my original talent. Should I save a lot of runes and spend it all at the same time instead of using it every time I fuse one?

My eventual goal was to get Setanic and Gryphion to join the gang so that it'd look something like

Setanic - Pegasus - Leviathan - Gryphion
(I no longer wish to spend more money for OEL. They cost too much)

I realize I can also get Sphierx. Is he any good?

Please give me a suggestion. Bahamuts are just so annoying.

*ps. Should I just run two pegasus instead of one?
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Counter to Bahamut?

First of all, thank you for a detailed list, that's something I can work with :D!

First things first: S rank > any other rank. So my suggestion would be to get a team of S ranks as soon as possible! The fact that you already have a Pegasus at S rank is incredible, I salute you :mrgreen:!

Regarding to countering a Bahamut, keep in mind that it relies on its weather, Night, by a lot! It'll be next to useless when it's not in Night.
My first suggestion would be to get an Eye of the Storm Pegasus at S rank! S rank increase your stats by a lot, so you should do fairly well against any possible Ghost monsters.
Ultimately, you'd want it at Level. 60, but I understand that's not something to be done in a few days. Still, my biggest recommendation would be a Level. 60 Eye of the Storm Pegasus.

The problem that could raise would be that of Bahamut coming into battle after Pegasus, and thus resulting in Night weather still. I suggest to keep that in mind and simply not put Pegasus as first monster. Let Bahamut kill your first monster, and then send out Pegasus with Eye of the Storm. A Psychic Thrust should be able to deal significant damage, if not 1-hit KO it!
You can always try to run several Pegasus' in one battle. I usually don't advice to take more than one of the same monster to a Ladder Tournament, as your stats won't be buffed, but it can be useful in certain battles. I'd say it all depends on the opponent. Try experimenting a bit, and you'll get the hang of what monsters you should use!

Another counter would be to get Mind-Bending on any monster that has high MDEF (excluding Angelo), it would be able to tank two to four hits from Bahamut, depending on its skills and stats, and cause major damage with Mind-Bending.

About your question regarding Runes, as far as I know, it doesn't matter if you use a lot at once or one at a time. It all depends on luck :?. Some Talents are just hard to get!

Sphierx would be great, but definitely not as a counter to Bahamut, as its MDEF is literally terrible (125 at S 60)!

Best of luck in your Ladder fights! If you ever have any questions, feel free to drop by!

Koen
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

dggamer

Baron

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Yea I'd say use Pegasus but you could also use a invalidate monster specifically leviathan. Works great against bahas.
YouTube channel: MattsGaMeS65 (haypi videos)
Level40 originally from server 1000.
<<

dooboosoda

Beginner

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 pm

oh what i wouldn't give for the storm talent on pegasus..

I spent too much silver coins to no avail. (I must've tried about 4 times now).

Do you guys suggest putting mind-bending on maybe leviathan??

My levi has rainpower-MATK and double water-torrent (i taught it one more).

I am not sure whether it's worth putting mind-bending on levi knowing that STAB + water-torrent could also do some dmg.

And do you usually stat bet levi on atk or defense? I have hard time getting more than 3 stats maxed out.

I was even thinking about geting ghost poe with paranormal barrier... has anybody tried that yet? I wasn't sure how useful it was against a legendary ghost.
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Weather Talents are always hard to get. It took me over 50 breeds to get Sandstorm on Minotaur :(.

Mind-Bending on a Leviathan is definitely an option, altough I think Leviathan would be better off with his normal STAB moves, as you'll be facing more monsters than Bahamut alone.
Also, about the stat bets, if you're planning to keep Rain Power-MATK, I would focus on HP+60 first, so that is done, then get ATK & MATK to +60, and hope you get atleast a decent amount of DEF & MDEF while doing so.

Good luck!

<<

dooboosoda

Beginner

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:08 am

holy.. 50 breeds.

how do you get silver? Other than farming Barren 11 and TM, I can't seem to find a way to get silver coins fast.

Is there a better way to farm for silver? I can pretty much run any level all the way up to ocean abyss
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:08 am

Just make sure to make the most out of your Team Modes. Try to keep the cooldown running at all time, and if possible, run with others for that +20% Silver. You get 26.400 Silver for running Deadly Desert Team Mode with a friend, seeing how breeding takes 10 hours and 58.000 Silver, it's not really that hard ;).

<<

Eindolon

Citizen

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Use invalidate neon or inverse clawpard...
Inverse clawpard is better...
<<

MasterWill

Conqueror

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Best Counter for Baha is Setanic Invalidate if not having Baha Barrier.
A full stat setanic with mb+6 eats baha.

Return to General Discussion