FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question

<<

Tenebrae

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:55 am

Question

Hey guys, I have a question...

I know that free legendaries like devil and angelo aren't real strong legendaries, but I am wondering if they are stronger than epics.
My current S grades are : Rhor, Smiter and Pewgway. I have a breedable devil and hoping to get a second angelo soon.
My question is, would I be better of training epics such as brawny and ignightmare, or will devil and angelo have the upper hand?

thx for reading :).
<<

Koenaj

Elite

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:35 am

Re: Question

^ PAL of mine.

He asked me this question, and I found it quite an intriguing question, as I've never gotten a breeding pair of either Angelo or Devil. However, from facing others' in PvP, I figured Angelo would be stronger, whereas Devil is kinda behind everything else.
What's your guys' opinions :mrgreen:?
Finally back on track and ready to help you guys :D!

Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

<<

Eindolon

Citizen

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi tenebrae...from tales of symphonia knight of ratatosk...

Yes angelo and devil are stronger than epics with the right talent and right skill, it can kill neon/rhor with massive/boulder, draco/ignightmare with waterbomb/massive/boulder, schyte/brawnie with waterbomb/poison leaves, cygness/pewg with thunderstorm/electrocute/poison leaves, they have balance stats so that magic or physical skill works the same...

Angelo has PT and Mind bend so that u dont need to find a skill book for it, except u want to give it ThunderStorm, Waterbomb, poison leaves, fire bomb, chill etc...
While devil doesnt learn any advanced skill (except swindle), but it can use pod while angelo cant...
I found it useless to have a unnerve devil, pega still one hit it in storm, and it cant unnerve a baha since its faster than baha, so devil is more suitable with intimidate...
<<

dggamer

Baron

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:30 pm

I think for Ladder you are much better off with epics a overgrow smiter or FA3 clawpard will wreck Angelo/ devil in ladder. PVp is a slightly different story Angelo can be used very effectively with moves like magic armour and hypnosis. You could even throw lethal powder in there. Few of my friends have used Angelo in the past and it can be used well. But requires a lot of work and its defence will need to be buffed. If you are giving it stock moves like mind bend and psy thrust then I really wouldn't bother you are better off with an epic. Can't comment on devil never had to face one. Would be good with soak and curse though but again that's for PVP. I'd say for a new player such as yourself go with epics. Then work towards scroll legends.
YouTube channel: MattsGaMeS65 (haypi videos)
Level40 originally from server 1000.
<<

Tenebrae

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Yea eindolon, great game :D!
Koen told me the same, that with the right skills it would be a counter against almost every talent, but after i get good legendaries they will probably get replaced right away... i don't think I'd use too much silver on betting or stat upgrading.
ddgamer, i'm nowhere close to clawpard, keep in mind that i'm a fairly new player, currently have 96 collection and 54 rhor is my highest level :P.

Thx for your detailed answers, ill probably go with 1 of them, but not both!
<<

dggamer

Baron

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:17 pm

I did say or smiter which is the easiest epic to get. Bear in mind that if the attack is of a different element to the monster then it will deal less damage. So for example a Angelo with massive boulder won't do as much damage as brawny with massive boulder even if their attack stat is the same. So yes techniqually it can fight all elements but in practice it really won't do that much damage. Same problem with hippogen if you ever get him.
YouTube channel: MattsGaMeS65 (haypi videos)
Level40 originally from server 1000.
<<

Tenebrae

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:20 am

Yea i know about STAB, koen told me thats why i was questioning wether s devil would be really good in the first place. It has no real good ghost skills i believe.. guess ill get him now as i only have 3 s epics, but replace it later on with a normal epic or perhaps a legendary :D!
thx again for your answer

Return to General Discussion