FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

General Answers for General Questions

<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Re: General Answers for General Questions

Level Rush doesn't seem to depend on your combat monsters so even if you use level 1 monsters, you won't lose. It's a pretty good way to raise the level of your monsters. You will always win and will always be able to spin the wheel - provided you don't disconnect when it says, 'You win.....!'

At the moment, I really am juts using it for EXP. The book chests for me are so bad in expert modes. However, you may opt to do veteran modes for more chance of skill books, albeit they are intermediate skill books, which you can disenchant. They drop way more often than advanced book chests.

Good luck!
Quitted!

"The past is history, the future is a mystery
and today is a gift."

Haypi Monster S11: Lexoph
<<

Ryeballs

Veteran

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 am

Is the MDEF reduction from Cunning persistent? Or does the monsters MDEF return to normal after the turn is over? And does Invalidate affect Cunning if its only a temp reduction?
<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 am

Ryeballs wrote:Is the MDEF reduction from Cunning persistent? Or does the monsters MDEF return to normal after the turn is over? And does Invalidate affect Cunning if its only a temp reduction?

The stat reduction stacks for Cunning. This is why it is rare to find a monster than can survive two hits of Cunning.

Invalidate does affect Cunning. It will always activate and prevent the stat reduction - same goes for Unbending and the sort.
Quitted!

and today is a gift."

<<

Ryeballs

Veteran

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:33 pm

What would be better for a monster without STAB or skills without elemental advantage. Cunning x2 or Cunning+Aurora?

And can an S Neon survive a Massive Boulder from a Scythe or Brawny? With a shield item?

Im toying with the idea of creating a PvP/Map Neon that is kind of a universalist. Accelerator, Cunning, Aurora, STS or Mind Bending, POD or Thunderstorm.

Im assuming I wouldnt need STS over Thunderstorm to take out a water monster without getting to banged up. But this would open up quite a few monster types to elemental advantages. Im assuming it would just not work in the ladder though.
<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:24 am

Hi Ryeballs!

What would be better for a monster without STAB or skills without elemental advantage. Cunning x2 or Cunning+Aurora?

Did you mean a monster WITH STAB or skills WITH elemental advantage?
I don't fully understand that question - it's ambiguous.
Cunning already has 10 PP and it's not really necessary to get 2. Besides, it is powerful enough that most attacks after it will defeat the monster. You really only want to get 2 x a skill if the skill has 5 PP or less. Therefore, from your choices, Cunning + Aurora Borealis is definitely the better option.

And can an S Neon survive a Massive Boulder from a Scythe or Brawny? With a shield item?

No. Neon can't survive a Massive Boulder - even with an Iron Shield (raises defence stat). However, it might do it with PoD and the shield but barely any health left. Massive Boulder is pretty much a sure death to Rhor and Neon from Scythe or Brawny.

Im toying with the idea of creating a PvP/Map Neon that is kind of a universalist. Accelerator, Cunning, Aurora, STS or Mind Bending, POD or Thunderstorm.

Im assuming I wouldnt need STS over Thunderstorm to take out a water monster without getting to banged up. But this would open up quite a few monster types to elemental advantages. Im assuming it would just not work in the ladder though.

This is an idea.

Thunderstorm is far better than Super Thunderstorm (in my opinion), unless it's during rainy weather. In rainy weather, Thunderstorm's power is double and would more likely 1 hit KO the water monster anyway. Unless you're planning on using a monster to cast Rain Prayer before Neon, I suggest Thunderstorm over STS.

In ladder, your Neon would more likely use only Thunderstorm because of the STAB bonus.
Cunning is not good with Accelerator.
Aurora Borealis may be a good substitute to deal with Rock-types as they have weak magical defences.

This is an idea but, personally, I would rather just stick to the usual builds of Neons.

Good luck!
Quitted!

and today is a gift."

<<

verdant

Beginner

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 am

hello, i just buy orange egg for 49gold, and i got 2xfenrir, both of them rank E, and male and female,
is it good or is it bad?
should i open another orange egg to get into fenrir S rank?
please help to reply asap
update: i open another egg and contain optobud
+8 essence, so i assume i got lucky in the first eg/g?
<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:36 am

verdant wrote:hello, i just buy orange egg for 49gold, and i got 2xfenrir, both of them rank E, and male and female,
is it good or is it bad?
should i open another orange egg to get into fenrir S rank?
please help to reply asap
update: i open another egg and contain optobud
+8 essence, so i assume i got lucky in the first eg/g?

Yes, you got very, very lucky!
Most people open eggs just to get those Fenrirs!

You just have to breed those 2 and get them to grade S.
You won't get grade S monsters from the eggs.

Good luck!
Quitted!

and today is a gift."

<<

verdant

Beginner

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:12 pm

thanks for answer, and regarding bless that can make new breed get better rank, is it permanent or 1 time only
example: i sacrifice some monster, and get blessing up to 20%
then i breed and use the bless, will the blessing become 0% again after breed. or it stay there?
<<

Ryeballs

Veteran

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Lexoph wrote:Did you mean a monster WITH STAB or skills WITH elemental advantage?
I don't fully understand that question - it's ambiguous.
Cunning already has 10 PP and it's not really necessary to get 2. Besides, it is powerful enough that most attacks after it will defeat the monster. You really only want to get 2 x a skill if the skill has 5 PP or less. Therefore, from your choices, Cunning + Aurora Borealis is definitely the better option.

I was asking about casting Cunning 1st turn since I cant 1HKO anyway, then cast Aurora for the follow up kill vs casting Cunning both turns and taking the second hit, which would do more damage, both without STAB bonus and against an element neutral monster, such as a Flight.

A standalone Neon that doesnt require weather Rain Prayer set up or to have the element advantage at any time.

And being viable in the ladder might have precedent since there are certain circumstances when a monster will use a weaker skill for example; using Lupa it will use Poison Poison Petals instead of Spirit Channel against Shelly choosing element advantage over STAB or using a Smither, Poison Petals over Poison Leaves against an Armordillo ignoring the higher Power because the monster has lower MDEF.

That means there is some precedent in the ladder for choosing a weaker element neutral magic attack vs a Earth monster than Thunderstorm, a stronger power, element disadvantage, STAB physical attack, especially fighting lower MDEF then DEF monsters. And it will pick the move that has the element advantage if it comes up.

IE, Neon will cast Aurora vs Earth and Grass or Normal, Psychic, Ice if their MDEF is much lower than their DEF, will cast Mind Bending on Ghost or Fire if their MDEF is much lower than their def, Thunderstorm vs Water or Grass, Fire, Ice, Normal, Psychic if their DEF and MDEF are the same or MDEF is stronger.

Anyway long winded-ness aside, dumping Cunning seems like the best bet since it means I cant take Invalidate and means I have to take hits every time I use it.

Sooo final build would be Invalidate, Thunderstorm, Aurora Borealis, Mind Bending and something else

This would allow me to do more against Earth before dying, probably kill Vertes, kill most PoD monsters, kill Smiter and do over all more damage to more different monsters without relying on Rain Prayer and STS.
<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:00 am

verdant wrote:thanks for answer, and regarding bless that can make new breed get better rank, is it permanent or 1 time only
example: i sacrifice some monster, and get blessing up to 20%
then i breed and use the bless, will the blessing become 0% again after breed. or it stay there?

You need to fill up the gauge to 100% before you can use bless. It is a one-time blessing only. You need to fill up the gauge again after using it.

If you don't have a lot of monsters to sacrifice, only use the blessing when you're near S grade.

Good luck! ^^
Quitted!

and today is a gift."

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion