FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

General Answers for General Questions

<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:10 am

Re: General Answers for General Questions

Ryeballs wrote:I was asking about casting Cunning 1st turn since I cant 1HKO anyway, then cast Aurora for the follow up kill vs casting Cunning both turns and taking the second hit, which would do more damage, both without STAB bonus and against an element neutral monster, such as a Flight.

Personally, I would recommend using Cunning and Aurora Borealis. The damage from this shouldn't be way off 2 x Cunning. Also, Aurora Borealis may also freeze your opponent's monster which may be a plus. It will also not need you to attack last (certain).

Ryeballs wrote:Sooo final build would be Invalidate, Thunderstorm, Aurora Borealis, Mind Bending and something else

This would allow me to do more against Earth before dying, probably kill Vertes, kill most PoD monsters, kill Smiter and do over all more damage to more different monsters without relying on Rain Prayer and STS.

This certainly is a great idea!
It is worth a try since you're pretty convincing with your reasons. :D

I don't have an Invalidate Neon at the moment but this will certainly be a good set to try if I get the chance to use one.

Good luck!
Quitted!

"The past is history, the future is a mystery
and today is a gift."

Haypi Monster S11: Lexoph
<<

Ryeballs

Veteran

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Sadly, I got Adapt on my first S Neon and dont want to lose it. But I've had way too much time theorycrafting since I do not ever land on ABCs during expert mode and am over spending money on coins for respins. Soooo while I am getting a decent quiver of S's, most of them have little itty bitty baby skills. Heck my S Neon only has STS and Lightning Strike for offensive moves :?
<<

Volticx

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 am

Was just wondering if I should use my tech 2 b+ fluant or just breed for an S? Thanks in advance
<<

Volticx

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 am

Volticx wrote:Was just wondering if I should use my tech 2 b+ fluant or just breed for an S?

Also what is the best moveset for an invalidate neon?

Thanks in advance
<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:30 am

Volticx wrote:Was just wondering if I should use my tech 2 b+ fluant or just breed for an S?

Also what is the best moveset for an invalidate neon?

Thanks in advance

You should breed it to S. Tech 2 is great with Frenzied but the other talents all have their advantages as well. Just breed it to S and, hopefully, you get an acceptable talent (although, most, if not all, of Flight's talents are okay).
An S monster will be much better.

I don't know what the 'best' moveset is for an Invalidate Neon but with Invalidate, you should try using skills that are powerful but decreases your stats as it will prevent the stat decreases. Try this:
Neon
Invalidate
Thunderstorm - Aurora Borealis - any 2 of (Switch Hit/Wind Blast/Electrical Storm/Mind Bending)

As you can see, you're using Aurora Borealis to utilize your talent - not just counter your opponent's buffs. Thunderstorm is there as it should really be in any skill set of a Neon.

Then, you have a choice between the 4 listed. Switch Hit is there as it may be useful in PvP. This is similar to Wind Blast - which will allow you to choose who you fight. However, choose only one of these. Electrical Storm is very useful in 2v2 or in team modes, especially now with the improved version when with a real player. Mind Bending is there as another type for an attack - and it may hit twice!

Good luck!
Quitted!

and today is a gift."

<<

apathetic_me

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 am

#11 O_O A vertedeath scroll?! O_O :shock: Seriously? O_O
<<

Volticx

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 am

Could I get a recommended build for a tech 2 flight? Thansk in advance
<<

Lexoph

Lord

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:17 am

Volticx wrote:Could I get a recommended build for a tech 2 flight? Thansk in advance

The over-used skill set for a Tech 2 Flight is this:

Flight
Technician II
Frenzied Attack - Photosynthesis/Soak - Power of Darkness - Any 90 power elemental skill

Previously, I would suggest Poison Leaves because it has 10 PP, just like Water Bombs, which is 5 PP more than the others. However, with the update reducing this down to just 5, you can just take your pick as to which will be more useful in your server. Which monster are you most afraid of to face Flight in your server? Is there a particular monster that is in everyone's team? If yes, then, it's probably best to get the elemental skill that is at an advantage to that monster.

This skill set is very useful for PvE (maps, ladder, etc.) and PvP.

Good luck!
Quitted!

and today is a gift."

<<

Volticx

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:31 am

Lexoph wrote:
Volticx wrote:Could I get a recommended build for a tech 2 flight? Thansk in advance

The over-used skill set for a Tech 2 Flight is this:

Flight
Technician II
Frenzied Attack - Photosynthesis/Soak - Power of Darkness - Any 90 power elemental skill

Previously, I would suggest Poison Leaves because it has 10 PP, just like Water Bombs, which is 5 PP more than the others. However, with the update reducing this down to just 5, you can just take your pick as to which will be more useful in your server. Which monster are you most afraid of to face Flight in your server? Is there a particular monster that is in everyone's team? If yes, then, it's probably best to get the elemental skill that is at an advantage to that monster.

This skill set is very useful for PvE (maps, ladder, etc.) and PvP.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the help @.@ I think I'll go with boulder for now :3
<<

verdant

Beginner

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:57 pm

for fenrir which talent is the best for him?
speedboost, ressurect, blizzard?
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion