FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server 10 Market Crash

<<

Molotovski

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:34 pm

Server 10 Market Crash

Hello people, I am Павел Молотовский. There has recently been a market crash in server 10. I am concerned, because usually the market changes. The market in server ten has stayed low for a while. This may cause many problems for both experienced players and newbies. Newbies need money for the upgrade of their civilizations technology, and occasionally to buy resources. Older players generally farm inactive players or forts and sell most of those resources through the market. The issue is that older players need money for technology and to buy nuggets, gems, medals(currently rarely on the market in s10), scepters, and even a crown! Since there are unlimited daily gifts, and technology upgrades for newer players don't cost as much, they end up spending the money on resources. But when resources are extremely cheap, newer players, for whom upgrades aren't as costly, use these extra resources to build armies. But then they slowly stop focusing on developing their city, which defeats part of the purpose of the game. It is better when the resources are more expensive, as newer players learn about their cities, and older players can afford more technology upgrades and treasures. And isn't the goal in this game to progress levels, expand your civilizations, build armies, have fun, and help each other?

This is why I propose trying to fix the market.

More details later,
Павел Молотовский
<<

Sylarius

Elite

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: Server 10 Market Crash

Congrats... The same cycle happens on every server.
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
<<

Molotovski

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 pm

I have inferred that, and I am trying to fix the market quicker than the other servers.

Павел Молотовский
<<

Sylarius

Elite

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 pm

You and many others from all thee other servers as well. You can try but ultimately it is just in vain.
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
<<

Molotovski

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:15 am

The market is rapidly improving, thank you all who listened to my suggestions on world chat.
<<

Erraven

Baron

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:17 am

I've mentioned this in several of my posts, but market prices are based on average prices of the items/resources that are sold. The demise of the market had to have been intended unless the maker did't see that people would continuously try to undercut each other, cancelling the items that didn't sell and selling them for lower so that they get sold.
There are ways to fix the market, but to make it permanent, it'd take waaaaay too much work...sigh...yay for buying resources at .01 though.

In a world where all markets are completely geared towards profiting buyers and where sellers lose money. ^^
The well bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves~Wilde
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character~Emerson
RAGNAROK_5 S102

Advanced Guide
Prestige Chart
Crops/Scouting
<<

Brisingr04

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah it is getting better, although stone is now being sold at 0.02 again... sigh.....
<<

Sarah6110

Beginner

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:03 am

I gotta admit, I personally love the low prices! Who doesnt enjoy a bargain?! :lol:

Expert s10 & s14

Return to Server10 Discussion