FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A compilation of comments for stacking update

Moderators: support1, support9

<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:40 am

A compilation of comments for stacking update

support9 wrote:We'd like to collect all possible situations this change would affect. If you can compile the possible problems and let us know we'll be able to test further while taking players gaming feelings into consideration. Thank you for understanding and hopefully we can co-work to make progress in it.

In honor of all that is Haypi Community and the great many memories I have with all of you I will "compile" my own thoughts with those others from different threads on the forums. Please feel free to comment here and I will edit it into the top message(s) so that support will have the pleasure of only having to read one such message to understand how the Haypi Community feels.

In exchange--I ask supportto do us a favor. I would like you to explain to the Haypi Community what your idea was behind the stacking update. Perhaps we are not seeing the greater picture of what this update will do to game strategy. On the contrary, perhaps you guys had a great idea in mind but this idea needs tweaking so that we can satisfy both our and your all's desires. If you tell us what your goal is, perhaps we can come up with a way to integrate the two plains of sight into one tremendous future Haypi. (After all, who likes blurred vision)

What we understand of the update:
All attacks are stacked...I repeat ALL attacks are stacked. If you want to farm out of two cities...you send attack out from city one at a known inactive (or fort). That city is 2 minutes away on map. You go to your second city and send out a different inactive (or fort) 3 minutes away. Instead of taking 3 minutes the attack stacks 10 minutes (the time needed for a 20 round battle) onto your first attack. Thus it ends up taking 12 minutes where it used to take 2 minuets. The only way to avoid this would be to stay in game and wait the two minutes before sending out your next attack. Additionally, the stacking affects incoming attacks. If I have a farming army out and troops sitting in my city, and somebody attacks, they will stack onto my attack. So, if my farm is 2 minutes away from hitting the inactive's city and BigBully84 warps in next to me and sends an attack that should take 30 seconds it will actually take 12 minutes to get to me giving me more than ample time to wait for my troops to come back and hide them from the warper.
Please note I do NOT have beta and am basing this off what I have read on the forums and heard on wc. If this is in any way wrong please notify me so I can adjust the thread accordingly.
Last edited by The_MuKu on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
The_MuKu s84/125/134 active
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Re: A compilation of comments for stacking update

MuKu's Take

Farming:
We are currently accustomed to farming with 2 armies (3 for all of us with VIP). So, let's do some calculations to show how this update affects time spent in game as well as coin usage. I will use a NON-VIP person with SIX cities as my example. Please note that many of farmers on experienced servers are going to be VIP with SEVEN cities so these numbers would be even greater.
Most of us farm cities within 15 minute radius of city. This is a 7.5 minute trip by cavalry. We'll say that the average farm takes about 5 minutes (4.5 minute travel time and 30 sec battle time). Now, let us consider trying to fill two warehouses per city (equivalent of making two sets of builds). This will usually take about 4 farms per city (sometimes less, sometimes more).
For the current system...you have
6 cities x 4 farms per city x 5 minutes per farm / 2 concurrent farms = 60 minutes to put on 2 sets of builds in each city (would be 40 minutes for VIP)
In the updated system you can no longer have 2 farms going at once...
6 cities x 4 farms per city x 5 minutes per farm = 120 minutes to put on 2 sets of builds in each city. This of course is double the amount of time for non-VIP players and TRIPLE the amount of time for VIP players.

Farming for alli army:
Let's say a top alli is supporting about 500k cats with an average of 5 people farming at a time. (These numbers will vary WIDELY depending on what server you are on, but this is just an example to show the impact so go with it). A 500k cat army eats 5million crop per hour. So that is 1million crop per hour that the 5 people must evenly contribute. If each farm pulls an average of 300k crop...
Current system: 1million crop / 300k crop per farm * 5 minutes per attack / 2 attacks at a time = 8.33 minutes per hour to contribute the crop per person... or 41.67 minutes of man power per hour for the alliance.
New system: 1million crop / 300k crop per farm * 5 minutes per attack / 1 attack at a time = 16.67 minutes per hour per person... or 83.33 minutes of man power per hour for the alliance.
EFFECT ON COINING
If an alliance assumes its same man power that it has now (41.67 minutes/hr) they will now hold...
41.67 minutes per hour / 5 minutes per attack * 300k crop per farm / 10 crop per cat = 250k cats.
After an alliance gets wiped they must speed build back to their previous cat count. This will summarize the number of coins needed to rebuild the 500k that the alliance supported per the old system compared to the coins needed to rebuild the 250k cats supported for the new system based on level. (Please note I only did the 50 coin speed up for simplicity which isn't always the most efficient way to speed up but it was used for both systems so its faults are exemplified in both)
Alliance Level / Cats per build / Coins needed old system / Coins needed new system
9 / 4542 / 2752 / 5504
10 / 5304 / 2357 / 4714
11 / 6234 / 2005 / 4010
12 / 7351 / 1701 / 3401
13 / 8669 / 1442 / 2884
14 / 10207 / 1225 / 2449
15 / 11981 / 1043 / 2087
Essentially we spend half as much in mines via coins because we will only support half the army sizes.

Warping:
A lot of players really enjoy the warping aspect of this game. It is one of the only ways to truly have a battle and gain decent amounts of pp in the game. Now, on an experienced server, most players are pretty good about hunting and what armies you see sitting out tend to be farming armies of 10-15k cavalry. This consists of the majority of warps. However, with the new stacking system, if this person has two farming armies going and you warp in while one is still out farming you will stack and thus not be able to hit their troops with the haste needed from warping. Add in the fact that warping to and from a location will now cost 80 coins instead of 40 and you're looking at a lot of players giving up the warping portion of the game--or at VERY least cutting drastically back. The stacking on a farming army also allows players to completely throw off warpers. They will send a single infantry to an oasis 10 minutes away and leave the rest of their troops out. If they are warped they will not risk being hit before they can hunt because they are protected by the stacking of the attack. This tactic is already used in limited form and is obnoxious already without it being a primary tactic.
Last edited by The_MuKu on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Corrupter1 wrote:Want to get a 900k army? Say goodbye to that aspiration. It will likely take you an hour to farm in all your cities, and halfway through said farming you'll have already starved in half your cities. Refreshing oases before bed? That'll take you well over an hour at level 17. Warping someone? Not if they're busy farming in city halfway across the map -- that attack will stack yours for 10 minutes. Enjoy.

No more large armies means no real warpers. No warpers means no coins bought. No coins bought means no money for Haypi. I've spent hundreds on HK. I know people who've spent thousands. We'll continue to spend, too, provided this game improves.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16174

Horgh wrote:Say goodbye to multiple farming. No matters which city you attack from or regardless of targets, attacks stack up 10 mins after the first one. I see good for a new server but bad for the ones that already are established.

Nibix wrote:I attacked someone with half my army to get prestige I sent the other half to farm so I wouldn't starve and I got warped and wiped cause it took so long please fix this.

1pitbull wrote:Please do not implement these attk changes in the update...if u do me and the thousands of dollars i spend in this game will b long gone. I truly do love this game but not the stacking....basically makes it pointless to even consider warping and thats one of my favorite parts of the game

MissE wrote:Not only will they make farming difficult, but they will make renewing oases take hours instead of minutes. They will also make attacking players who are farming impossible because my attack will be stacked. Since my attacks will be stacked, whats the point of playing this "war game"?

Source: viewtopic.php?f=610&t=16129
Last edited by The_MuKu on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 am

Reply Comments

Usalous wrote:Forget warping. Forget Allie allie armies forget big personal armies. I won't farm if it takes that long. Nor will most ppl I know. I say this cuz I care. Support please don't do this. Not only it will kill and ruin this game. It will also make ppl spend much less on haypi. No one wants to spend 80coins for wraps. 80coims that's 9 coins for each dollar. Doesn't this sound crazy ? But whats worse ur chances of getting those people Is soooo much less. So better off forget it!

Don't do this. It will force many active players to find new games. Mines have made this game nothing but a Farming game. Just farm and donate. Farm and donate. That isn't fun as it sounds. It gets old. But making farming take longer. I wouldn't do it.

Villan wrote:i also recently (before this) invested in 1 year VIP, had i know i wouldn't have i'll be requesting my coins back if you bring this in.
Last edited by The_MuKu on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 am

Just in case--reserved for more replies
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

DD-pink

Baron

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:49 am

Muku, calm down with the double posts....

Yes, I agree it is ridiculous and thus I have retired from kingdom. Farming will take too much time.
Haypi Kingdom
S610 DD610

1dcampos wrote: it is that when you are rude to people, they are less willing to try and meet or exceed your expectations.

<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:17 am

You are only allowed so much space in a post. This will allow all comments to be together so support doesn't complain about having to search for them again :D
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

Tex92

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:22 am

Haypi support :lol:
Anyways, Haypi's dead.
They're just trying to speed up the process
<<

Usalous

Marquis

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 am

Forget warping. Forget Allie allie armies forget big personal armies. I won't farm if it takes that long. Nor will most ppl I know. I say this cuz I care. Support please don't do this. Not only it will kill and ruin this game. It will also make ppl spend much less on haypi. No one wants to spend 80coins for wraps. 80coims that's 9 coins for each dollar. Doesn't this sound crazy ? But whats worse ur chances of getting those people Is soooo much less. So better off forget it!

Don't do this. It will force many active players to find new games. Mines have made this game nothing but a Farming game. Just farm and donate. Farm and donate. That isn't fun as it sounds. It gets old. But making farming take longer. I wouldn't do it.

Ameral/Usalous
S120/121
<<

Villan

Marquis

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:58 pm

i also recently (before this) invested in 1 year VIP, had i know i wouldn't have i'll be requesting my coins back if you bring this in.
Next

Return to Feedback