FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crop vanishes from city when oases degrade

<<

~Eldarion~

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Crop vanishes from city when oases degrade

There is a problem I have been seeing for a while and others are seeing it too. When your crop oasis level degrades there is an instant and drastic drop in warehouse crop supply in the city that holds the oasis. Since oases in certain areas of the map all are degrading at roughly the same time, the amount of vanishing crop supply can be huge if one city owns the crop oases. The amount of crop that vanishes seems greater if you hold higher level oases. Yesterday I held 4 level 10 and 4 level 9 oases from same city. At 02:38 I had nearly 400k crop. At 03:05 I logged in to 0 crop and starved cavalry. I was in war refuse and was no attacked. My oases had dropped from 10s and 9s to 9s and 8s as expected, but when they did so, they drained my city of nearly 400k crop instantly. Others are reporting this same issue on multiple servers.

Resolution: I would like my troops returned and I want the bug fixed. I can give you the names of others this has effected.

Suggestions to anyone experiencing this problem:
1) don't hold all oases from same city to minimize the crop that vanishes from each city.
2) don't hold multiple level 10 crops from each city. The amount of crop that vanishes seems to be proportional to the decline in crop output by the degraded oasis. I.e a level 10 drops from 5000 to 3700, and it's 50% worse if you are enhanced in that city.
3) know what time your crop oases degrade daily and try to be online before or during the event to add crop as necessary
4) if possible hold crop oases over different areas of the map to avoid them all degrading at the same time and spreading out the damage caused by vanishing crop in warehouse.

Please don't ignore this report or tell me there is nothing wrong. I'm an Expert and I know what I'm talking about on this one. If anyone doesn't believe me, go take full level 10 oases from a single crop enhanced city and watch what happens to the crop in your warehouse over the period that all the oases degrade a level. The effect will be too obvious to ignore, even if you don't starve...
<<

support97

Elite

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:32 am

Re: Crop vanishes from city when oases degrade

Hi, have contacted you via in game support, please check.
<<

~Eldarion~

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:24 am

The in game response I received said there was no problem and to check my crop level now.

That didnt fix my starved troops or fix the bug that caused them to starve.
<<

Inv4derZIM

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I have experienced this same issue of vanishing crop as well but under different circumstances. My crop levels instantly drop from wherever they were at to 0 causing me to instantly starve. This has happened randomly when pulling hunts or when dispatching between cities. I have complained to support at least 5 times and have never received a helpful reply. Each time i have been told "the crop is just a display sometimes it can be inaccurate." After the first time it happened I made sure to check and double check cities crops before pulling hunts or dispatching. It still happens and I know that nothing is wrong with the crop display because I went and filled every single city completely full of crop and it would still happen. I have been no where near an army that would drain 400,000 crop in as little as ten minutes when it happened. I have even had screen shots of the starves and sent them into support and still nothing. At this point it is too late to ask or expect my army to be returned but this issue is extremely frustrating and if it continues with support refusing to acknowledge the problem I will stop spending money on this game. All I am asking for is that support will admit that this is a real issue and at least start working towards a way to fix it instead of giving me generic answers about whats causing it and turning their shoulder after I give them proof its not just me or proof that its not just happening to me.
<<

Poppychulo

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 am

Really...this is the response I get for losing 100k+ to this bug? Ive contacted support in game and in email form and have gotten no response in several days from this initial reply. I've sent ss proof, but all I get is a sorry when I know they could give me the troops back....just a little frustraiting. Hopefully someone from support will see this!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.93 KiB) Viewed 8016 times
<<

~Eldarion~

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:22 am

I got my troops back. Keep trying zim and poppy. No word on if this bug is acknowledged or being fixed. Glad i got troops back. Hopefully you will too.
<<

~Eldarion~

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 am

This happened to me again at 03:30 today. 300k plus crop vanished when my oases dropped from level 9 to level 8. Please replace my troops that starved, again.
<<

Falaron

Conqueror

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 am

Somebody had posted a video of this on YouTube a while ago
<<

FOR_GONDOR

Citizen

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 pm

First off, I'd like to say that this is why I don't hold oases. Too many bugs involving magically disappearing crops that are directly related to oases and their degrading. An extra 10k an hour isn't worth risking a massive and unnecessary starve.
Secondly, I'd like to applaud you, Eld, for your attempt to get something done about your lost troops and this/all bug(s) in general.
Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that 1) It cleverly states in the user agreement that we are not promised reimbursement should anything happen to anything that is "ours" in-game and 2) Support doesn't really care, and wouldn't even if this little "COA" weren't in the agreement.

Let's be honest here, guys. It's Halloween, and you're looking for some candy, but all you're getting from that elderly HK support family on the corner is celery sticks. Not because celery is cheap in comparison to candy--they're collecting a nice pension for their dedication to their company--but because they like to see the disappointment on your little faces every year. And they do. Because you're all so young, innocent, trusting and optimistic that one year, they'll give out something that you will hoard in your dark little corner. Why would you think that? Because once upon a time, these folks weren't so old and grouchy. They were carefree and lived every day like it was their last, handing out plenty of candy for all. Age and their own mortality has since soured them, causing their cruelty. Now they hide away, miserable and wallowing in their inevitable future, seeking to share their misery with any who think that life can be good. What do you know, anyway? You have not seen what they have seen; you know nothing. There is only one way, and that way is the way of HK support.

Hopefully someone sees this genius before it gets removed/altered by a mod. I won't even hope to not be banned, I know it's coming. My Rico-senses are tingling.

I give you an opportunity to prove me wrong. An open invitation. Then you can bash me all you like. I won't complain. I'll even probably spend a truckload of money! Please?
"This city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed...

FOR GONDOR!
FOR GONDOR!
FOR GONDOORRRRRR!"

-Boromir, Son of Denethor I
Osgiliath, Realm of Gondor
Third Age, year 2475
<<

SlitherSim

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:06 am

Same thing happened to me, except I didn't have WR. But since support generally ignore old topics, I'm gonna write this again...

Return to Bug Report