Attribute and Skill points

Attribute

So theres 4 places to add attribute to they are
1.attack
2.defense
3.speed
4.fortune

we all know that-
Attack increases the Attack of Your Unit per 0,5% per point.
Defence increases the defence of yout unit per 0,5 % per point.
Speed increases the Speed of Units per 1% per point.,
Fortune gives You a better chance of double/triple attacks and gives you better hunts.

But how should you spend these, a lot comes down to personal preference

1.Attack
this is for those massive catapult armies that are mainly use it sheer number to cripple any other army. Although if you concentrate on this you will not benefit from being the first to attack you will have enough power to cause considerable damage when your turn to hit them comes round.
The ability to knock out large numbers of troops like this also gives great help when tackling higher lvl forts as you require less in order to knock out all them infantry.

2.Defence
so this accounts for each units defense against the attack of the enemy. this reduces how much damage an opponent can do to the size of your army.

3.Speed
this is for them cavalry armies that can reach ridiculous numbers. Being able to gallop across the battle field and wallop other people obviously has distinct advantages. Also shooting first in a catapult verses catapult battle means you can significantly cripple your enemy before he has chance to touch you. It also helps when travelling across the map so is seen as the best attribute in which to invest

4.fortune
for the people who like to get lucky. This is for the treasure hunters who are sending 100k infantry out hunting at a time and are hoping to pull in large treasures. It also helps in attack but that is only increases th chance of you being lucky so is not a guaranteed to succeed

Skill Points

skill level: skill points needed
1:2
2:3
3:4
4:5
5;6
6:7
7:8
8:9
9:10
10;11

we all know that-
1.Open chest skill
Upgrade this skill to open chests equal or lower Your hidden chest skill without a key.
2.hidden attacks
A high Hidden Attack skill gives You a good percentage to have a hidden attack.
3.Healing skill
The Healing skill cures your losses (2% per point).
4.break cranny skill
With this Skill You can break the cranny of Your enemy (5% per point).
5.Convince skill
The Convince skill convinces the enemies losses from traps (3% per point

But how should you spend these, a lot comes down to personal preference
1.open chest skill
this is again for the lucky people who are hoping to gain signofocant treasures form opening chest that theyve hunted or bought
2.hidden attack
this is to be used with a catapult army mainly. Catapults take a long time to travel across the map and therefore are easily spotted by the defender and they just hunt. If you increase this skill you have a greater likelihood of getting a hidden attack. If you do get a hidden attack then it is unlikely that the defender will spot the attack and therefore you will be able to move a powerful catapult army to attack someone with less of a risk of it being a waste of time
3.healing skill
tends to be used if you have a cavelry army as you are likely to incur a lot of losses and therefore the heal skill will heal a percentage of them and therefore save you the prestige you could have lost.
however this skill is useful for all army types to reduce losses and therefore the prestige lost in a battle therefore directly influencing the prestige gain especially in battles containing players of two significantly different levels.
4.break cranny
for the farmers out there you wanna take resources in order to upgrade and build troops to gain your prestige always useful when you are rebuilding if you have just lost your army. also useful for starving people as with max cranny breask you cut down there resources by an extra 50%
5.convince skill
when using traps this is for help with defense probably the least useful as most people switch to level 10 turrets as they are more effective I wouldnt recommend this at all

of course if you have coins you can easily switch between which attributes and skills you develop but if you dont wish to buy coins decide early which ones you are going to develop early on.

additional notes on attack and defence-
due to the defenders advantage it may be preferabl to have high defence when you are attacking to reduce the impact of the defender advantage. vice versa when you are defending it may be preferable to have high attack to take full advantage of the defenders advantage.

=============================================================
There are other influences on attributes such as techs and equipment.

Technology
• Marching Tech increases the speed by 3% per upgrade
• Attack Tech increases attack by 2% per Upgrade
• Defense tech increases defense by 2% per upgrade

Equipment
There are Five types of equipment : Armour, sword, horse, manual and ring
Basic Equipment.
This will look at basic lvl 1-15 equipment not taking enhancement into the equation yet
1. Armour gives an additional 2 points of defense to your attribute per level of armour.
2. Sword gives an additional 2 points of attack to your attribute per level of Sword
3. Horse gives an additional 2 points of speed to your attribute per level of horse
4. Manual gives an additional 1 point to speed, attack and defence attributes per level of manual
5. Rings give an additional 1 point of fortune to your attribute per level of ring

Enhanced Equipment
Now you are able to enhance the level of your equipment using either Enhancement stones or Coins. The influence of these enhancements is shown here > viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8835
Enhancement Stones
Enhancement stones are available in many ways, you are able to hunt them, receive them in Daily gift or open a gold or silver chest to get them. (SIDENOTE: the reason that enhancement stones were implemented is so that you could receive something to enable you to enhance your equipment from hunts. We know that coins cannot be hunted so enhancement stones were implemented instead)

IMPLICATIONS
Ok if you wish to maximise one of your attributes then heres the implications
Attribute----Max Available
Speed-----220
Attack----210
Defense----210
Fortune----120
As Fortune is such a random factor and there is no possibility of writing much more oon the fortune stat.
SPEED
Ok so the implication for speed mainly involves the distance the unit can travel along the field with full enhancement on Level 15 equipment
cavs max speed = 960
with a speed of 960 it means that cavs are now able to reach lvl 7/8 turrets in one round rather than two as it was before

inf max speed =480
arch max speed = 400
the implications of the new enhancement makes practically no diference to archers and cavs in my opinion

cat max speed = 160
ok so now cats can move forward 160 per round in battle makes a huge difference when they are facing turrets, currently turrets are spaced 100 hexes on the battle field in front of each other. When attacking the cats can now jump forward 320 in two rounds which means they have taken out two rows of turrets but are in range of the third row of turrets so careful consideration will have to be taken now when a cat army is clearing turrets should the attacker have maxed speed

ATTACK AND DEFENCE
My knowledge of killing rates is not very good anyway but basically with increased attack and defence you can kill more or keep more of your units alive basically
Last edited by Nathan05 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Backburner

Marquis

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: attribute and skill points

Great guide, I tend to see Healing as the most important skill as it directly affects how much prestige you earn in battle, I believe all high level attackers should put Healing as the first skill they max out regardless of which army you use, as when you attack low levels you want to lose as little as possible against their army and defense to minimize the level penalty when prestige are calculated.
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:51 pm

yes it is sensible to have max healing.. i shall edit it thx for your input

Nathan05
S106
<<

Technocrat

Baron

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Speed should be the first thing to max, no matter with what army type you roll. Once that's done, usually if you're running cats, buff attack. If cavs, defense.
As for skills, healing is definately of great importance, seeing as it directly affects prestige gain. With any kind of army, it maximizes efficency (such as using cavs to farm resources -- less to expend on retraining), and whenever you're a klutz and forget to command.
Unlock chest skill to level 3 would be helpful, as levels 1, 2, and 3 chests show up on daily gifts sometimes. For low levels, this is a great way to gain free equipment and money.
Hidden attack isn't nearly as important for cavs as for cats. If you use cats, you will probably have to decide between hidden attack and heal (because cats generally use inf for meatshields, or some combination of the two.
~WARLORDS Vice Leader~
<<

Complicate

Marquis

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:47 am

Very helpful guide. :)
For Better or for worse.

Sincerely,

Complicate
<<

wbs123

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:14 pm

great guide it's very helpful, thanks :)
I hear you like Justin Bieber o.O
<<

Ownster

Baron

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Great guide. I agree totally that speed and attack r important. I personally also use fortune so I keep mine even. Same wth my skill points. But my break crammy is highest.
OWNSTER-S5/S1118
OWNSTER11-S11/S118
OWNSTER15-S27
OWNSTER39-S112
OWNSTER50-S50

Need some help? Want a good guide? Or maybe you wanna help some new players?
Read or use this guide! One of Haypis most viewed not by admin, support, mod or an expert!
http://haypi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7312&p=83649#p83649
<<

Ultumateus

Marquis

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:28 pm

lol this seems bias to begners only.. says a lot about cat armies but soon there will be all types of armies
<<

Eggnog333

Citizen

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 am

helpful :)
*~Eggnog333-s103 [1st. Main]~*
*~Tacohiman-s104 [Alt.]~*
*~Replyhazy-s103 [Alt.]~*Image
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 am

Ultumateus wrote:lol this seems bias to begners only.. says a lot about cat armies but soon there will be all types of armies

i realise that but because of university i havent had time to complete it fully

Nathan05
S106
Next

Return to Haypi Guides