FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Advanced Guide to farming, prestige, and units. Not finished

<<

Erraven

Baron

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Advanced Guide to farming, prestige, and units. Not finished

Ballaz23 wrote:
Sasa1018 wrote:I have a question: Map shows archer travel time? I thought it's for Inf, no? Thanks!

BTW, Hands down, the best guide ever! Thanks!

it shows infantry time>.> but with max speed archers arent much different

I wonder why every time I send only archers, the time on my screen matches the time shown on the map then. Guess it must be infantry time plus a bit... :|
Last edited by Erraven on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The well bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves~Wilde
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character~Emerson
RAGNAROK_5 S102

Advanced Guide
Prestige Chart
Crops/Scouting
<<

Erraven

Baron

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:29 am

Ok, to do a quick check... I just made one infantry and one archer. My map says it takes 13 seconds to reach next door on all four sides of the city that I made them in. Keep in mind it'll take about 1-2 seconds to make up for load time. I will send 1 inf and then look at my screen for impact time, then do the same for archers...

Conclusion:
Infantry-9 seconds
Archers-12 seconds
(infantry are faster than archers)

This above test could is inconclusive because of differing load times though. I'm now going to pick a point a lot further away...

Map time says 1 hour, 58 minutes, and 39 seconds. This should show better.

1 infantry= 1 hour, 39 minutes, and 20 seconds (I recalled this so that the attacks wouldn't stack)
1 archer= 1 hour, 59 minutes, and 20 seconds.

Oddly enough, neither were perfectly accurate, but archers weren't even a full minute off. There must be a couple seconds of loss after every certain amount of distance I guess.

I have also seen instances, on several occasions, where point A is further than point B, but point A takes less time to reach. I found this odd, so I thought that it's very possible that it takes a different amount of time to cross a city, fort, oasis, and open field, but on my map, it takes the same amount of time to reach every corner of my map(i'm talking about the area of my city, not the full map), the same amount of time to reach 3 squares in each direction, and the same time to move one screeen and a half away in each direction. My conclusion is that there is a certain amount of time gained or lost over every so much distance when sending units, but very little and archer times are MUCH closer when compared to infantry times over a distance..
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character~Emerson
RAGNAROK_5 S102

Advanced Guide
Prestige Chart
Crops/Scouting
<<

BACKWOODS9

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 am

Amazing guide!! Haha jus wondering how long it took u to make that thing lol. Well anyway great job with the guide!
BACKWOODS9 server14
<<

Erraven

Baron

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:59 pm

A test was done with infantry that have 0 speed, 0 marching, and no manual or horse. The infantry were still 10 minutes faster than the map time. :)
RAGNAROK_5 S102

Advanced Guide
Prestige Chart
Crops/Scouting
<<

Reinhaldt

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks!
<<

Backburner

Marquis

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:55 pm

The map travel time is for infantry adjusted for your speed and marching tech but NOT equipment.

So basically if the map shows your infantry will take 10 minutes to arrive at a certain location, if you remove your manual and horse then that estimated time will be exactly spot spot, if you send infantry then it will take 10 minutes, if you send horses it will take 5 minutes, if you send cats it will take 30 minutes and if you send archers it will take 12 minutes.

The trick to get a completely accurate estimation is work out how much your equipment boost your speed in percentage.

So take max speed for example, your infantry travels 345 per turn (battlefield movement), the max level equipment gives you 411 per turn.

345/411=0.84

say if you're estimated travel time was 10 minutes, times that by 0.84 and that will give a fair accurate picture for how fast your infantry will arrive. For cats, simply use the same multiplier then times 3; horses the same thing but divide by 2 and archers times by 1.2.

Hope that makes sense, I'm just typing this as it comes to my head :mrgreen:
<<

Wallonius

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Nice guide I must say!

Maybe slightly off-topic, but what is lockdown? Why would you need it?
<<

Xiaobaxi

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:26 am

Pretty good job. 1 question for me.
why we need to lock down someone . as i know.when somenoe is attacked. we can only lock his resourse but not his troops.
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:39 am

it also stops that city warping which is very useful.

wwhen you lock down a player who warps alot they find it very irritating

this also means you keep the city in one location so it is easy to find and therefore take at a later date
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Erraven

Baron

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Backburner wrote:The map travel time is for infantry adjusted for your speed and marching tech but NOT equipment.

So basically if the map shows your infantry will take 10 minutes to arrive at a certain location, if you remove your manual and horse then that estimated time will be exactly spot spot, if you send infantry then it will take 10 minutes, if you send horses it will take 5 minutes, if you send cats it will take 30 minutes and if you send archers it will take 12 minutes.

The trick to get a completely accurate estimation is work out how much your equipment boost your speed in percentage.

So take max speed for example, your infantry travels 345 per turn (battlefield movement), the max level equipment gives you 411 per turn.

345/411=0.84

say if you're estimated travel time was 10 minutes, times that by 0.84 and that will give a fair accurate picture for how fast your infantry will arrive. For cats, simply use the same multiplier then times 3; horses the same thing but divide by 2 and archers times by 1.2.

Hope that makes sense, I'm just typing this as it comes to my head :mrgreen:

odd thing. I tested the whole infantry as map time a whole lot of times and even had others test because nobody was believing me. Now all of a sudden it is infantry (or back to infantry) time. o.O
i tested on my old server, my new server, my other servers that my other accouts are on, and even pvp and i ALWAYS got the same result. I even had a couple of experts try it too. :/ all with no equipment equipped...
RAGNAROK_5 S102

Advanced Guide
Prestige Chart
Crops/Scouting
PreviousNext

Return to Haypi Guides