Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:07 am

How to Control a Server Economically

As a precursor to an upcoming guide, I am posting this in the hopes that some may find it useful:

I DID NOT WRITE THIS! IM ONLY REPOSTING SO MORE PEIPLE WILL SEE IT!!!

ECONOMIC DOMINATION AS A GOAL

One of the most powerful things that a general or alliance can do is corner the market on a treasure or resource. The former is much easier to do, the latter, much more difficult, yet it may reveal greater rewards. We have all seen what glitches and hacks can do to the market. This guide will tech you how to control the market legally, without cheating.

To begin, I'd like to point out, to master the economics of your server takes patience, hard work and of course, money. When I say money, I do not mean real life dollars. I refer to the haypi monetary system, and you will need a sizable purse, at least a few million dollars.

Therefore, I shall begin with a lesson on how to make a million dollars.

1) you are a warlord. Do not expect to be able to secure your wealth without an army to collect it for you. Fielding a farming strength army is a must. This means at least 10k cav. This guide will not teach you how to field 10k cav. This you must learn before you may master the economy.

2) upon completion of your army, begin by raiding the resources of all your neighbors, or other farmable estates, and selling them in the market. Use all population to this end. On a beginning server, it is imperative to capitalize on high prices immediately. In some cases, it is worth it to coin resources for a quick, substantial profit, but not necessary. On an older server, it is generally only worth it to sell crop. On some servers, it's price can reach up to .14 or more, while all other res remains at .01.

3) diligently repeat this process over and over. Your goal is only to save all your money. Very quickly you will see your wallet brim at the seams.

If only it were this easy right? Well it is, I'm glad to say. At this juncture you may consider which approach you shall take to controlling the market. It is always wise to buy all the available scepters. Consider these the "park place/boardwalk" of haypi. The monopoly of scepters yields high rewards, but they are slow in coming. A general controlling interest in scepters should keep an eye on the title rank, to see whom his potential customers will be. Another option is an attempt at the medals. This is a much harder market to control, yet quite easy to manipulate. Medals are in demand for a very long time. Not only this, but they can be a profitable venture. By simply buying a handy supply of medals, you can easily drive their market value to max price. At this point, you can post yours for 1.00 less than a competitor for subliminal messaging. Anytime a medal is posted that will net you more than a 10% gain at max price, you should buy it immediately. Be aware that medal markets do die eventually. Don't get burnt with too many medals. The gems can be manipulated just the same as medals, and also nuggets, but there is much less of a profit there and most likely not a high demand item by the time the average general reading this becomes a millionaire. For this reason, I'll avoid discussing these items.

This brings me to resources. Due to the vast quantity of money required to inflate the resource market, it is generally achievable only by an alliance-wide effort. This means, you must have at least 5 or 6 multimillionaires working together on a single resource to control it's market value. Buy all resources on the market, until you have removed all sales up to the price you which to set the value at. As an example, let's say wood is valued at .03.....you an your fellow saboteurs roll into the market square and buy all wood until it's price is .08......this is gonna take a few million dollars. Now this can be done by one player, sure, but when you have an alliance monitoring the market and buying all shabbily low priced wood, it is quite easy to maintain the price you desire.

Controlling a resource is it's own reward. Obviously an alliance capable of doing this is an alliance capable of providing for itself, and this is necessary. Because some players will take a financial hit to create this scenario, it is essential to help them recover. There are many reasons why one would wish to inflate the market. First, it is now easier for them to make a larger profit selling the inflated resource. Second, it creates economic stress for most players, meaning they simply can't afford to buy res. This means they can't afford to upgrade tech, or construct troops as readily. Thirdly, as I said it was it's own reward, I am not kidding, it really is. Just wait til you see the hatemail! Now I could go on all day....but the truth is, to corner a market means you control the production of others. You can truly impose your will on others when you have 30 scepters and not a single soul had another.

One of the best reasons to corner a market is that it also inflates your reputation. You will become popular on the server, just as you would in real life. It is up to you to decide how you reflect this popularity. Will you be evil, and impose your will on others through extortion, or kind, giving treasures at minimum price to those in need, helping others by selling them low cost res on the sly? The possibilities are endless, but money makes it happen. And it doesn't take coins either.