Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Tim's Haypi Guide Letter Format Part 2

ARMY AND BATTLE continued...
The most important thing to know before you battle is you and your enemy's speed/defense/attack stats. This, along with commanding, plays a huge factor in who will win the battle. Assuming that both players are in range of each other, the 1st attack in the round will go to the player moving forward->faster->defender. The 2nd attack will go to the player with higher attack->attacker.

So if you have higher speed and attack then you enemy, you may be able to kill them before their army can touch you. This will also happen if you can outrange them; your shooting tech should not be ignored. I suggest putting all your stats in speed(once thats full, then attack), buying a lvl 15 manual and horse, and enhancing them as many times as possible. If both players have max speed, equip, and enhances, you do not be the one to give up the home field advantage because the defender will get the first attack.

TURRETS AND TRAPS
Traps are probably the best thing to build the first few weeks to discourage other ppl from attacking u, but after that they dont help very much.

Lvl 10 turrets kill 255/76/306/85
Lvl 10 traps kill 120/36/144/40

Note: 25/1/5/10 means 25 inf OR 1 cav OR 5 archers OR 10 cats

Notice that turrets can kill over double what traps can at higher lvls, and can also hit the enemy mutiple times if they command poorly.
I would recommend putting 4 turrets and one trap in each row in case u go up against a cav/cat army. Once the enemy cats destroy ur turrets, u can use ur 3 traps as blockers against the cav. Here are the shooting ranges of both cats and turrets in case u need to see what lvl the enemy's turrets/ shooting is. Remember, cats will not begin to take damage until they go up against lvl 9 or 10 turrets.

Field Length for cats/turrets by level
0-1100/XXXX
1-1116/900
2-1132/950
3-1148/1000
4-1164/1050
5-1180/1100
6-1196/1150
7-1212/1200
8-1228/1250
9-1244/1300
10-1260/1350

MARKET AND MONEY
One of the most valuable thing to know in haypi is what the mkt(market) will do in the long run. If you do, you will know what to buy and when you should buy it.

Resources, nuggets, and gems start expensive but will lower in price over time. Stone will lower the quickest and crop will always stay slightly more expensive. Try not to buy these in the beginning!

Medals, scepters, and crowns start cheap but will rise in price. Buy these in the beginning!

Level 15 equipment starts expensive but will disappear quickly. Buy this as soon as possible!

In the beginning, be sure to look for new players that sell items for way cheaper than they are worth. Buy them and resell them for a higher price.
The best money making strategy is to farm people, forts, inactives, gather oasis, and sell all of the resources that you can gain in the beginning. Sell them for just slightly cheaper than other people are selling them for.

Once you get enough money, buy your equipment, and then as many scepters (and a few crowns) as you can. You will also need a few of the other treasures to upgrade your title (for details go to help->support->general->question #4). I got all level 15 equip (the manual from a friend), 7 scepters, and 3 crowns by doing this.

FORTS AND OASIS

# of cats to occupy forts oasis
Level 1 : 250. 5
Level 2: 500. 10
Level 3: 800. 25
Level 4: 1,300. 50
Level 5: 2,000. 75
Level 6: 3,600. 100
Level 7: 6,000. 200
Level 8: 9,000. 400
Level 9: 13,000. 600
Level 10: 18,000. 900

Note: Based on your attack stat, blockers, and equipment, u may need less troops than suggested to occupy forts/oasis. For example, i occupied a lvl 10 fort with only 10,000 cats. I suggest u do some math. Figure out how many inf your cats can kill in a turn and then figure out how many turns it will take you to beat that oasis/fort. Ur cats should be safe up to 9-10 turns if you use blockers and have max shooting.

Oasis will give you an increasing amount of resources per hr depending on its level. I suggest that once u have a large enough army, u occupy only crop oasis so that you can build an even larger army. Negative crop output is okay, but i like to avoid it as much as possible because it greatly increases your chances of starving. Oasis lose 1 lvl per day unless you resign them and reoccupy them each day. If you resign a lvl 10 oasis, it will not stay a level 10, so dont ever resign them.

Forts are the best way to gain resources in haypi(unless you are on a merged server with lots of inactives). Stealing their resources is way more valuable than the $ they give per hr, so only occupy warp forts(more on that soon). The first time you attack a fort, it will have turrets and traps that are the same as the lvl as the fort. These traps and turrets will not come back unless u occupy it and then resign it. Occupying takes 3 attacks, so make sure u can take all the resources in 1 or 2 attacks, preferably 1. Forts will steadily refill until they reach their maximum capacity, which will happen in one day.

Fort warping (aka teleforting) is a slightly complicated way of dispatching troops from one city to another (possibly hours away) in only a few seconds. The setup takes a while, but once it is done, the results are worth it.

* City A
   •Fort                                         *City B

Lauch 2 attacks from City A on the fort. Then dispatch your troops from City A to City B and do the last attack on the fort from City B. Recall the troops from the fort and dispatch them to City A. Since troops will recall to the city that the fort was captured from, if you dispatch City A's troops to the fort, they can be recalled and appear in City B in under a minute.

This concept can be used to create a line of forts that will dispatch troops from City A to B to C to D and then back to A. I like to place all of my subs in clusters of forts( for example look at 328:346). I choose a low lvl fort as my warp fort and i farm all the others daily to get lots of res. Oasis can be used as well, but they constantly change lvl.
TlIIllIM s95