FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hunting formula explained

<<

Brextor

Beginner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Hunting formula explained

Hi guys,

This is a guide on everything related to hunting in Haypi.

Revision history:
V1.0 March 13th 2012. Money formula researched (minor error on archer effect). You can find this version quoted by Iguana1234 in the post further down.
V1.1 May 16th 2012. Money formula corrected and simplified. Items formula researched. Extraordinary result formula researched. Chest opens researched.
V1.2 May 20th 2012. Confirmed lvl 15 min bracket. Hunted scepter on a normal result. Discovered method to identify any extraordinary harvest.

Currently researching for v1.3:
Enhancement stones min bracket + how to optimally hunt enhancement stones
Strategies for hunting on normal server
Strategies for hunting on pvp server

Credits:
Tigerinoz, SobyJunior, Koroush, XhighlifeX, s115 - helping with subs
Akiras, InvadorZIM, s88 - helping with items
Merphul, s115 - discovering you can harvest the same oasis over and over all day without it degrading your risk of unsuccessful
xc3pti0n – correcting error on archer effect in V1.0 of the guide
ElMouchas, s88 – confirming pp formula from hunt is the same on pvp server as on regular server

What happens when you click the “Harvest” button? This:

Calculation 1: Is the hunt a failure?

If yes (hunt is a failure)
__You get 0 money (stop calculating further)

If no (hunt is a success)
__Calculation 2: Calculate normal money
__Calculation 3: Calculate and add extraordinary money

__Calculation 4: Is the hunt an item?
__If yes (hunt is a success and an item)

____Calculation 5: Use result of calculation 2 and 3 to calculate item
____Is there room in inventory for item?
____If yes (hunt is a success and an item and there is room in inventory)
______You get item + 1-99 money
______You also get pp = 2% of calculation 2 and 3
____If no (hunt is a success and was an item but there was no room in inventory)
______You get money = result of calculation 2 and 3
______You also get pp = 2% of calculation 2 and 3

__If no (hunt is a success and not an item)
____You get money = result of calculation 2 and 3
____You also get pp = 2% of calculation 2 and 3

The rest of the guide is structured around the 5 calculations shown above. Here is a table of contents for the guide. I recommend you read everything of course :) , but if not, just skip to the chapters you need info on.

Chapter 1 – Notes on how I did my research (skip it if you’re not interested)
Chapter 2 – Calculation 1: How do you calculate if a hunt is a success or failure?
Chapter 3 – Calculation 2: How do you calculate normal money?
Chapter 4 – Calculation 3: How do you calculate extraordinary money?
Chapter 5 – Calculation 4: How do you calculate if a successful hunt is an item or money?
Chapter 6 – Calculation 5: If you hunt an item, how do you calculate which item you get?
Chapter 7 – Opening chests and some notes about daily gifts
Chapter 8 – Strategies for hunting on a regular server (not yet finished)
Chapter 9 – Strategies for hunting on a PvP server (not yet finished)

Chapter 1 – Notes on how I did my research (skip it if you’re not interested)

I started my research on February 20th 2012. As of the time of this writing (roughly 3 months later) the formulas have not changed, as far as I can tell.

I did 42 testcases using 1.000 cav and 664 testcases using 4.000 inf to figure out the money formula. I hunted in lvl 0, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10 oasis. Lowest hunt time was 1 minute and highest was 24 hours. I used fortune 20+10.

When I was researching the money formula, I also kept track of which items were hunted at what money value and at what hunt duration. That gave me a good idea of where to start researching the items formula.

The problem trying to hit a certain money value is that sometimes you click “Harvest” but the server doesn’t respond immediately and the seconds just start ticking away. So when you finally get a reply from the server and you get an item, you can’t be sure how many seconds passed and what the money value actually was. The only way to get around this was to start hunting for at least 12 hours. You stop gaining money after 12 hours, so it didn’t matter if the server or connection used a few extra seconds to reply.

When I discovered the money formula, I also noticed that sometimes, results would be way better than normal. I only observed this after at least 9 hours hunt had passed. As such, I figured 12 hour hunts would also be a good way to keep an eye out for extraordinary results.

Researching the items and extraordinary formula, I used 7 accounts, which varied in level and in fortune attribute. After 142 test results of at least 12 hours, I switched all 7 accounts to fortune 100+10. I am still doing test cases, but at the time of writing this guide, I have done a little over 2.200 test cases of 12 hour+ hunts to double check items formula and extraordinary formula. Feel free to figure out how long it takes to run that many test cases of 12 hour+ hunts ;)

I quickly got a good theory on the items formula, so the last 1.000 test cases or so have mainly concentrated on confirming the theory.

For any item, there is a money value at which it becomes available (starting bracket) and a money value at which it becomes unavailable (end bracket). The end bracket for level 1 items had me puzzled for a while, but I managed to nail it eventually. The start/end bracket of many of the high level items, was very difficult to confirm. It’s pretty easy to use a level 10 account to fill 8 hunting queues of 2.247 inf in a level 9 oasis to test the starting bracket of level 2 armor / sword / horse / chest / key. However, it is an entirely different matter using e.g. 94.807 inf to test the starting bracket of level 9 armor / sword / horse / chest / key. You don’t do that in all cities on 7 different accounts while maintaining level 9 crop oasis and defending against being cropped – at least if you have a life outside Haypi :) . In the end, I used 5 accounts for low-mid range items, 1 account for midrange items and 1 account for high level items.

Chapter 2 – Calculation 1: How do you calculate if a hunt is a success or failure?

The short answer is:
I don’t know for sure!
Kind of disappointing starting a guide and then not providing an answer? :?

I have not yet systematically tested this calculation in the hunting formula (but don't be discouraged - there are discoveries in the chapters below, just keep reading).

From my test cases on the money/item/exceptional formulas, there does seem to be some tendencies on the calculation for success/failure though. However, don’t take this as written in stone yet. Feel free to research this calculation more thoroughly if you want. Here are the tendencies, I see in the results:

It seems oasis level does not affect chance of failure / money / item.

It seems 10 points in fortune decreases risk of failure by 1 %.
It seems 10 points of fortune decreases chance of money by 0,5%
It seems 10 points of fortune increases chance of item by 1,5%

At fortune 100+10 it seems risk of failure is 16%
At fortune 100+10 it seems chance of money is 46%
At fortune 100+10 it seems chance of item is 38%

The above research is solely based on inf hunts of 12-24 hours duration in lvl 9-10 oasis. Lowest number of inf was 702 and highest was 290.356. There might be a slightly higher chance of item at lower inf numbers, but I don’t have enough data to say for sure. So all in all, there is still a lot which is not yet researched on this calculation.

Chapter 3 – Calculation 2: How do you calculate normal money?

If your hunt was a success, the system will calculate a money value of your hunt.

I posted the money formula in v1.0 of this guide. The formula had an error on archer effect (thanks to xc3pti0n for pointing it out). From inf/cav I estimated troops used their base speed, which is not the case. Instead troops use the following hunt factor in the formula:

Inf ; hunt_factor 3
Cav ; hunt_factor 6
Arc ; hunt_factor 2
Cat ; hunt_factor 1

Since I posted the money formula I v1.0, I have received a lot questions across different servers, because people find the calculations too difficult to use. Therefore I have simplified the formula as much as possible and I recommend you use Excel (or similar spreadsheet software) to do calculations. Later in the chapter on items, I have also included number of inf you need to get any item, so if you don’t want to do calculations yourself, you can just use the numbers from that chapter.

Some facts about hunting:
(1) You can mix troop types in the same hunt, and it will not impact the money harvest negatively, so e.g. cats don't slow cav down when hunting.
(2) Your money return increases linearly until you have gathered 2.500 money. Then it starts dropping exponentially (square root) with increased hunting time until 12 hours has passed.
(3) You gather money from 0 to 43.200 seconds (equal to 12 hours). Regardless of how long you leave your troops hunting beyond 12 hours, you will not earn extra money. You can however still get an extraordinary result added (see chapter on extraordinary results later in the guide).
(4) I read an old forum post claiming money was capped at 25.000 and after that, you just get items. I can bust this myth. I have hunted 250.361 inf 12 hours in a lvl 10 oasis for 43.333 money and I speculate there is no upper limit to money gained.

The factors in the money formula are:
(1) Number of inf
(2) Number of cav
(3) Number of arc
(4) Number of cat
(5) Oasis level when you dispatch your troops to hunt
(6) Seconds hunted (max is 12 hours = 43.200 seconds)

There are 3 stages in a hunt:
(a) You dispatch your troops to hunt, and they start travelling to the oasis. The travel timer counts down. Important: It is the oasis level right at the second you clicked dispatch, which is used in the formula. So it doesn’t matter at all if oasis changes level or ownership after you dispatched your troops to hunt.
(b) Your troops arrive at the oasis and start hunting. The hunting timer starts counting up.
(c) You click “Harvest” and your troops return to base.

The money formula is: (note: round decimals off)

Linear result if you harvest below or equal to 2.500 money:

money = (inf*3 + cav*6 + arc*2 +cat*1) * min(hours*3600 + minutes*60 + seconds ; 43200) / 43200 / (20 / (10 + oasis_lvl)

Exponential result if you harvest above 2.500 money:

money = 2500 * ( min(hours*3600 + minutes*60 + seconds ; 43200) / (2500 * (20 / (10 + oasis_lvl) ) * 43200 / (inf*3 + cav*6 + arc*2 +cat*1) ) ) ^0,5

Note 1: The min(x1 ; x2) function simply means pick the lowest value of the values separated by the semicolon.
Note 2: The ^0,5 in the exponential formula is the square root operator.

You gain the first 2.500 money linearly regardless of how big your army is. This makes it interesting to know how many seconds your troops need to hunt before they have harvested 2.500 money. The formula to figure this out is:

Seconds to 2500 money = 2500 * ( 20 / (10 + oasis_lvl) ) * 43200 / (inf*3 + cav*6 + arc*2 +cat*1)

Below I have inserted a screenshot from Excel, which shows a way to use the formulas to calculate (1) money and (2) seconds to 2.500 money.

money_calculation.gif
money_calculation.gif (8.46 KiB) Viewed 16824 times

If you have Excel, create a new file and enter what you see in the screenshot.

Copy this formula into cell E12:
=ROUND(IF((C10*3+D10*6+E10*2+F10*1)*(MIN(B7*3600+C7*60+D7;43200)/43200)/(20/(10+B10))<=2500;(C10*3+D10*6+E10*2+F10*1)*(MIN(B7*3600+C7*60+D7;43200)/43200)/(20/(10+B10));2500*(MIN(B7*3600+C7*60+D7;43200)/(2500*(20/(10+B10))*43200/(C10*3+D10*6+E10*2+F10*1)))^0,5);0)

Copy this formula into cell E14:
=MIN(2500*(20/(10+B10))*43200/(C10*3+D10*6+E10*2+F10*1);43200)

When you have done this, you can change the 8 yellow fields and the formulas will calculate the money value and seconds to 2.500 money.

Important 1: You must enter your values in the exact cells you see in the screenshot, or the references in the formula will not work. You can rearrange the fields with cut/paste after if you want. Copy/paste will not work, as I have entered relative cell references.
Important 2: The formula commands: ROUND, IF, MIN and MAX are in English. If you use a different language version of Excel, you need to translate these words to your version. I recommend you try and google for it.

Below is a screenshot showing the effect of oasis level on your money harvest.

oasis_level_effect.gif
oasis_level_effect.gif (32.28 KiB) Viewed 16824 times

The diagram to the left illustrates that there is a linear increase to 2.500 money, but 5.000 inf in a level 10 oasis reach this point after just 2 hours, where in a level 0 oasis they take 4 hours to reach 2500. From the time of reaching 2.500 money until 12 hours has passed, there is an exponential (square root) increase in money. I hope you can see the curves bend slightly. Between 12 hours and 13 hours there is no extra money output. This would continue until 240 hours after which your troops automatically return from harvest. For every second passed, you can see that a higher level oasis is always better than a lower level oasis. If you decrease/increase the troop number or troop types, it would only mean that the linear part of reaching 2.500 money output is achieved later/sooner, and the exponential effect kicks in from that point in time. If you are not able to reach 2.500 money in 12 hours, the money output will be linear in the full 12 hours.

The table to the right, labelled “oasis level efficiency compared to a level 10 oasis” shows the efficiency of each oasis level. Your best possible output comes from a level 10 oasis, so this is 100%.
Example: In the linear part of a hunt, a level 0 oasis is 50% worse than a level 10 oasis.
Example: In the exponential part of a hunt a level 9 oasis is 3% worse than a level 10 oasis.

This difference in efficiency has a huge impact on your gameplay. Higher level oasis increases money, pp from hunting and items from hunting (plus pp from items).
Imagine you have above 5 million pp. Try and estimate how much of this pp would have come from hunting. Now imagine you could have increased that number by say 3% or more, simply by always hunting in a higher level oasis? Also try and estimate how much money you would have gotten from hunting. Now imagine you could have increased that number by say 3% or more?

The point is this: ALWAYS hunt in level 9/10 oasis.

Chapter 4 – Calculation 3: How do you calculate extraordinary money?

If you have played haypi for a while, I reckon you will have heard stories of incredible hunts, which just seem like a bug or a freak event. You might also have seen strange results yourself sometimes. This is the result of extraordinary hunts.

As far as I can tell, you must harvest a minimum amount of time in order to be able to get an extraordinary result. The lowest, I have observed is after 9 hours, but I don’t think this is the minimum time required. Feel free to try and research what the minimum time is.

When you hunt for more than 9 hours (or the minimum required), the system calculates an extraordinary result. It is extremely difficult to figure out what the percentage chance is of rolling an extraordinary result because they are very rare, so it requires a huge amount of 9 hour+ test cases. From the test cases I have performed it seems the tendencies are as follows:

If your hunt is a success:

At fortune 20+10 you seem to have a 3% chance of extraordinary money
At fortune 20+10 you seem to have a 4% chance of extraordinary item

At fortune 100+10 you seem to have a 4% chance of extraordinary money
At fortune 100+10 you seem to have a 6% chance of extraordinary item

Beware: It might seem as if fortune 100+10 is “only” a little more effective than fortune 20+10, however these percentages are according to SUCCESSFUL hunts. As I mentioned in chapter 2, fortune ALSO decreases your risk of failure hunts which again means you get more successful hunts that might turn into extraordinary hunts. So the point is fortune 100+10 is better than fortune 20+10. Note: I suspect increased hunt time might also increase chance of extraordinary, but I haven’t researched that part.

The above research of fortune 20+10 is based on inf (4.000 inf) hunts of 9-56 hours duration in lvl 0-10 oasis.
The above research of fortune 100+10 is based on inf hunts of 12-24 hours duration in lvl 9-10 oasis. Lowest number of inf was 702 and highest was 290.356.
As you can see, it is still a bit uncertain what affects your chance of getting an extraordinary result.

However once you do get an extraordinary result, the formula for the extraordinary money is this:

Extraordinary money = your_level * 200 * ext_factor(1-5)

I was very surprised to find that your level is used in the formula. This means, at higher general level, you have a better chance of getting the best items.

The “ext_factor(1-5)” simply means: Either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.
So a level 0/1 (the general level is 1 for both) can get extraordinary: 200 / 400 / 600 / 800 / 1.000 money. A level 20 can get extraordinary 4.000 / 8.000 / 12.000 / 16.000 / 20.000 money.

Using fortune 100+10 across 7 accounts, out of 44 extraordinary money harvests, I have received
Ext_factor 1: 8 results
Ext_factor 2: 8 results
Ext_factor 3: 11 results
Ext_factor 4: 8 results
Ext_factor 5: 9 results
As such, I am pretty sure it is random which ext_factor of 1-5 that is used.

However when an extraordinary money result turns into an item, I have received the following:
Ext_factor 1: 21
Ext_factor 2: 5
Ext_factor 3: 4
Ext_factor 4: 7
Ext_factor 5: 8

It might seem as if there is an increased ext_factor 1. It might be me misinterpreting results – I can’t be sure. However the spread between ext_factor 2-5 still suggests the number applied is in fact random.

To determine if an item is an extraordinary result, you must compare its starting and ending money bracket to the money value you would have received. I will get back to how to do this in the chapter on items.

Below 2 paragraphs updated for v1.3:
The above method still works for most results and it is easy to use as it does not require you to keep track of pp. However for some hunts, both the “normal” result and some of the lower ext_factor results fall in the same min and max-bracket for the same item. This is particularly evident on gems, medals, scepters and manual 3-15 and even more so if your level is low. Also, extraordinary hunts of gold/silver boxes and enhancement stones cannot be identified using this method.

However, you can with 100% certainty identify ANY extraordinary result by the pp you get from the hunt. The pp formula for hunts is 2% (rounded off) of the money value of calculation 2 and 3. The minimum extraordinary money you can get is an ext_factor 1 on a lvl 0/1 account = 200 money. This would yield 4 extra pp compared to a normal result.
Even if you get an item, the pp is always calculated based on the money from calculation 2 and 3! The tricky part is, you must keep track of your pp before and after you harvest, or you will not know if it was a normal/exceptional hunt.
When I did my research, I did not keep track of the pp before/after hunt, as I only discovered this method later. As such, my recorded number of extraordinary item hunts might actually be lower than they actually were.

Some final notes about extraordinary results
1) The “lowest” extraordinary hunt I have recorded is 8 cav for 46 hours in a level 9 oasis on a level 2 account with fortune 20+1. The normal result would be 46 money. The result was 2.046 money. At level 2 this means it was an ext_factor 5 result ( 2 * 200 * 5 = 2.000). I have also received several extraordinary results (ext_factor 1 to 5) on a level 19 account. From this, I postulate that extraordinary results and all ext_factors are available at all levels.
2) The extraordinary money harvest from the highest troop number, I have received was using 78.000 inf in a level 10 oasis on a level 13 account which resulted in an ext_factor 4 hunt.
3) The best extraordinary item harvest I have received was using 119.997 inf in a level 10 oasis on a level 16 account which resulted in a scepter. This was either an ext_factor 4 or 5 hunt.
4) Ext_factor 5 item hunts can make your result “jump” several item levels compared to the “normal” item level. I have received horse 8 using 3.510 inf in a level 9 oasis on a level 19 account where the normal result would be a horse 2. I have also received an armor 12 using 53.330 inf in a level 10 oasis on a level 17 account, where the normal result would have been an armor 6.
5) You can pull several extraordinary hunts from the same oasis right after each other.
Example 1: On April 15th, on a level 13 account, using 7 queues of 5.054 inf for 12 hours in the same level 9 oasis, I pulled all 7 hunts right after each other. One of the first was an armor 6 which (ext_factor 5), and a subsequent harvest was a ring 6 (ext_factor 1).
Example 2: On May 2nd, on a level 17 account, using 9 queues of 1.000 cav for 10 hours 7 minutes in the same level 9 oasis, I pulled all 9 hunts right after each other. One of the first was an armor 6 (ext_factor 4), a later was 20.466 money (ext_factor 4) and a later again was a sword 5 (ext_factor 3).
So it seems any hunt has a chance of becoming an extraordinary hunt regardless of when the oasis was last harvested.

Chapter 5 – Calculation 4: How do you calculate if a successful hunt is an item or money?

The short answer is:
I don’t know for sure!

If you read chapter 2, you will know I have not done enough research to say for sure what the chances are of a hunt becoming an item or money. So I will simply refer you to read chapter 2 for tendencies to explain this part of the hunt formula. I am merely including chapter 5 here to illustrate this step in the overall hunting formula.

Chapter 6 – Calculation 5: If you hunt an item, how do you calculate which item you get?

If your hunt was a success, and you rolled an item, the system will try and give you an item. I say “try” because
(1) At some money values, NO items are available, so you get money instead.
(2) If your stash is full, the system might have rolled an item you had no room for, in which case you get money instead.

For any item, there is a minimum money value at which it becomes available to hunt. I term this money value the “minimum bracket” for that item.
For any item, there is a maximum money value at which it is available to hunt. I term this money value the “maximum bracket” for that item.

There are a total of 98 huntable items in the game: Ring 1-10 ; Armor 1-15 ; Sword 1-15 ; Horse 1-15 ; Manual 1-15 ; Chest 1-10 ; Key 1-10 ; Nugget ; Gem ; Medal ; Scepter ; Crown ; Enhancement stone(s) ; Silver box ; Gold box

Each item has a level, so e.g. ring 1 is level 1, and ring 2 is level 2.
Items with only one level, e.g. nugget or gem, are level 1.

The formula for minimum money bracket for any item is:

Min_bracket = if ( item_level < 3 ; base_npc_value * item_level +1 ; round.down ( base_npc_value * ( item_level -1 ) * 5 / 3 ; 0 )

The formula for maximum money bracket for any item is:

Max_bracket = round.down(base_npc_value * item_level * 5 / 3 ; 0 ) -1

Notes:
In both formulas, the base_npc_value is the npc value of a level 1 item of that type, e.g. base_npc_value of a level 9 armor is 2.000.
The round.down formula simply rounds any decimals down to zero.

With these formulas, it is possible to create a table, which shows at what money value the items in the game become available at. Below is a diagram showing the min/max brackets of any ring / armor / sword / horse / manual / chest / key / nugget / gem / medal / scepter /crown.

min_max_bracket.gif
min_max_bracket.gif (31.25 KiB) Viewed 16824 times

I have confirmed most of the item brackets which is displayed in the diagram. Using only inf and hunting only level 9/10 oasis for at least 12 hours, I have hunted at the exact money values, which lies just on/above/below each min/max bracket for each item type. Here are some notes about this:

1) To hunt the items at some of the lower money values (1.001, 1.333, 1.665, 1.666, 2.000), it was necessary to include a few archers, as pure inf simply cannot hunt these money values in a level 9 oasis. The explanation is that adding 1 inf can make your result jump 3 money because we are in the linear part of the money formula.
2) I can confirm all ring min/max brackets, and almost all of the min/max brackets of armor/sword/horse up to level 15 and chest/key up to level 10.
3) I can confirm all manual min/max brackets up to level 4. I have not yet attempted to hunt manuals at the min/max brackets for level 5-15, but I have no reason to believe these levels should differ from the formulas.
4) I can confirm nugget and gem min/max bracket as well as medal min bracket. I have not yet attempted to confirm medal max bracket, but I have no reason to believe medal max bracket and scepter/crown min/max bracket should differ from the formulas. I have hunted one scepter on an exceptional hunt and another in the normal bracket at 46.666 money. I have attempted to also hunt it on a normal hunt at the min bracket (40.001 money) but so far had no luck in 8 attempts. I still believe it is possible though. Crown is obviously untested yet ;) .
5) You get rings a lot, when you hunt at 16.665 money or less, whereas manuals are very rare to hunt at any money value. I am convinced there is a bug in the items formula as you get an unreasonably higher percentage of armor compared to sword/horse/chest/key at level 6-13. At level 1-5 it seems you get an equal percentage of armor/sword/horse/chest/key. So what happens at armor level 6? My answer is that the min bracket for armor level 6 is 16.666, which is just above the max bracket for level 10 ring. But at money 16.666 and above, the system still rolls for a ring, but since no ring level 11-15 is available in the game, you get an armor instead. The max bracket for level 10 chest/key is 33.332 money. Unfortunately I have too few test results of armor/sword/horse beyond that to say if the system still rolls for a chest/key, and what that item would then be converted to. I would, however expect it to either be armor or horse.
6) There are “gaps” in the available items, which is a little odd. It makes sense that no items are available to hunt between 1 and 1.000 money, but it is also impossible to hunt an item 1.666 and 2.000 money, as the max bracket for level 1 ring lies at 1.665 money and no min bracket for any other item starts before 2.001 money. The “gaps” are only related to the difference in max bracket for level 1 and min bracket for level 2 for ring/armor/sword/horse/manual. However for armor/sword/horse/manual at least other items are huntable in their “gap”.

So how do you use the diagram of available items?
Determine what item, you want to hunt. Use the money formula from chapter 3 and enter your army in the inf/cav/arc/cat fields. Then keep incrementing the troop counts according to the army you want to hunt with until you hit the target money value. I recommend you leave oasis level at 9 or 10.

Example:
Say you want to hunt a level 10 chest. The diagram shows you need a money value between 30.000 and 33.332. I recommend you set time to 12 hours / 0 minutes / 0 seconds and hunt in a level 10 oasis. Then start incrementing the inf field. When you enter 119.997 inf, you will see, you hit exactly 30.000 money. That means you can hunt a level 10 chest with these conditions. I have done so by the way.

How do you know if you hunted an extraordinary item?

If you rolled an extraordinary result (see chapter 4), the extraordinary money is added to your normal money BEFORE an item is selected.

Example:
Say you were trying to hunt that level 10 chest using 119.997 inf for 12 hours in a level 10 oasis and you got an extraordinary hunt. Say you were level 16 and you got an ext_factor 5. This would add 16.000 money to your 30.000 money for a total of 48.000 money. At 48.000 money, you are way past the max bracket of level 10 chest (33.332 money), so you can no longer hunt a chest, but you can instead hunt armor/sword/horse 15 (range 46.666 – 49.999), manual 10 (range 45.000 – 49.999) or scepter (range 40.001 – 66.665).

In any hunt, you can always calculate the exact money value (see chapter 3), and the diagram above shows exactly what items are available at that money value. If you get any item higher than this, you will know your result was an extraordinary item hunt.

On May 18th I hunted a scepter at 46.666 money on a normal hunt.
On May 20th I hunted a level 15 horse at the minimum bracket (46.666) on a normal hunt.
Both results were achieved using 290.356 inf for 12 hours in a level 10 oasis.

I pose a challenge to anyone on any server: Hunt a level 15 manual and a crown
A level 15 manual requires you to harvest 70.000 money, which again requires 653.325 inf for 12 hours in a level 10 oasis. A level 20 player can hunt a level 15 manual using 333.327 inf if he rolls an ext_factor 5 extraordinary result, but it is very rare.

A crown requires you to harvest 100.001 money, which again requires 1.333.347 inf for 12 hours in a level 10 oasis. A level 20 player can hunt a crown using 853.345 inf if he rolls an ext_factor 5 extraordinary result, but it is very rare.

If you have proof of hunting a level 15 manual or a crown, I would say it is a Haypi World Record :) . If so, please post a screenshot in this thread.

With all of the above being said, I must also (sadly) report an unexplained phenomenon, I have no answer for yet: Sometimes, if you roll and extraordinary hunt, and it turns into an item, you will get an item, which is just 1 level above the normal result but still below even an ext_factor 1. I have observed this at the following:

Hunt at 3.332 money turned into level 3 ring on a level 13 account (2 occurrences)
Hunt at 5.001 money turned into level 5 ring on a level 19 account (3 occurrences)
Hunt at 6.001 money turned into level 5 ring on a level 12 account (1 occurrence)
Hunt at 6.001 money turned into level 5 ring on a level 13 account (1 occurrence)
Hunt at 6.665 money turned into level 3 horse on a level 18 account (1 occurrence)
Last edited by Brextor on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Brextor

Beginner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Hunting formula explained

Silver/gold box and enhancement stones

I have not yet been able to determine the min / max brackets of enhancements stones / silver box / gold box. Below I have inserted some totals from the test cases I performed using inf in a level 9/10 oasis for 12+ hours. I have only included results, where I performed at least 20 tests.

silver_gold_stones.gif
silver_gold_stones.gif (16.39 KiB) Viewed 16824 times

Although I have not been able to determine min/max brackets, there are still some tendencies and findings, which might be useful to know:

1) It seems you need to hunt at least 2.001 money for a chance to get a silver or gold box.
It seems between 2.001 and 9.999 money, you have around a 10% chance of a silver box and around 5% chance of a gold box. It might be that chance of silver.box decreases with increased money value.
2) It seems between 10.000 and 20.000 money, you have around a 5% chance of a silver box and around a 10% chance of a gold box. It might be that chance of gold.box increases with increased money value.
3) It seems in ANY hunt, you have around a 3,33% (1 in 33) chance of getting stones, regardless of the money value, as long as you are above the minimum bracket (which is not yet researched).
4) On average, you will get between 5-20 stones. Your average number will be 12,5 in the long run.
It is impossible to hunt 2, 3 or 4 stones.
5) You risk getting the dreaded “1 enhancement stone” result if you hunt less than 1 hour. You can still receive it at higher hunt times though. The worst "1 enhancement stone" I received was using 4.000 inf at fortune 20+10 for 4 hours 40 minutes 30 seconds (3.332 money). Out of more than 2.200 test cases of 12 hour+ hunts using fortune 100+10 I have NEVER received "1 enhancement stone".
6) I think it is impossible to hunt more than 20 stones in one hunt. In over 2.200 test cases of at least 12 hours using fortune 100+10 on accounts of level 10-19, the maximum I ever got was 20 stones.
7) The maximum silver box I have hunted was using 94.807 inf in a level 10 oasis for 12 hours. The money value was 26.665, and as a silver box “only” sells for 20.000, you start losing money by getting a silver box at money hunts 20.001 and up.
8) The maximum gold box I have hunted was using 290.356 inf in a level 10 oasis for 12 hours. The money value was 46.666, and as a gold box “only” sells for 40.000, you start losing money by getting a gold box at money hunts 40.001 and up.
9) The maximum enhancement stone hunt, I got was using 94.807 inf in a level 10 oasis for 12 hours.

Chapter 7 – Opening chests and some notes about daily gifts

Here are some findings about daily gifts.

There are various achievements for daily gifts. The game says you increase your chance of a good daily gift, if you connect with Facebook and/or Buzz. I have also seen some players claim that high fortune increases your daily gift. Consider this:

1) On April 5th I received a level 5 chest daily gift on a level 2 account with fortune 20+3 and not connected to Facebook/Buzz.
2) On May 2nd, I received a level 6 chest daily gift on a level 0 account with fortune 20, and no attributes/skills assigned yet, and not connected to Facebook/Buzz.
3) I have received 10 coins daily gift on a level 3 account, with fortune 20+10 and connected to Facebook.
4) I have received 30 coins daily gift on a level 12 account, with fortune 30+10 and not connected to Facebook/Buzz.

Here are some findings about level 1-10 chests.

Chests can be sold for chest_level * 2.000 and can be opened for chest_level * 4.000 money.
The interesting part is that when you open a chest, and if you roll an item, you use the money value to select an item based on the min/max bracket diagram, which is shown in chapter 6.

I have been experimenting on a level 19 account with fortune 100+11 and a level 13 account with fortune 110+10 to figure out what the percentages are of getting a particular item from a chest. While researching this, I discovered that sometimes, you will get an extraordinary result from opening chests! This is rare though, and I have not tested if it is also possible to get with fortune 20+10.

The diagram below show the normal results from opening a chest level 1-10. It also displays the extraordinary results, I have received.

chests.gif
chests.gif (23.92 KiB) Viewed 16824 times

Chest open numbers updated for v1.3
I have opened a total of:
226 level 1 chests
306 level 2 chests
189 level 3 chests
84 level 4 chests
23 level 5 chests
12 level 6 chests
2 level 7 chests
1 level 8 chest
2 level 9 chests
1 level 10 chest

I can confirm all of the normal item results for level 1-6 chests.
For level 7 chest, I can confirm horse 9 as normal result
For level 8 chest, I can confirm armor 10 as normal result
For level 9 chest, I can confirm armor 11 and 36.000 money as normal result
For level 10 chest, I can confirm horse 13 as normal result

Unfortunately on any server, level 5-10 chests are in extremely short demand, so I have not been able to open very many. That means it is difficult to say what is possible to get if you get an extraordinary result. Here is the total list of extraordinary chest opens I have done so far.

0 out of 226 level 1 chests was extraordinary!

2 out of 306 level 2 chests was a level 6 ring
4 out of 306 level 2 chests was a level 7 ring
Total: 2,0% chance of extraordinary from level 2 chest

4 out of 189 level 3 chests was a level 9 ring
2 out of 189 level 3 chests was a level 5 armor
4 out of 189 level 3 chests was a level 5 sword
2 out of 189 level 3 chests was a level 5 horse
1 out of 189 level 3 chests was a level 5 key
Total: 6,9% chance of extraordinary from level 3 chest

1 out of 84 level 4 chests was a level 6 armor
1 out of 84 level 4 chests was a level 6 sword
1 out of 84 level 4 chests was a level 7 horse
Total: 3,6% chance of extraordinary from level 4 chest

1 out of 23 level 5 chests was a level 8 armor
1 out of 23 level 5 chests was a level 9 armor
Total: 8,7% chance of extraordinary from level 5 chest

It appears the tendency is that extraordinary opens can result in an item which is 1 or 2 levels higher than the normal result. If this holds true, it means you can get level 15 armor/sword/horse and level 11 manual from level 10 chests.
I have not yet seen an extraordinary nugget/gem/medal/scepter, so I cannot say if it is possible to get these at lower levels than the normal result.
Last edited by Brextor on Mon May 21, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Brextor

Beginner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Chapter 8 – Strategies for hunting on a regular server
Not yet finished. Come back some time in the future ;)

Chapter 9 – Strategies for hunting on a PvP server
Not yet finished. Come back some time in the future ;)
Last edited by Brextor on Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Iguana1234

Beginner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Brextor wrote:Hi guys,

I left Haypi for a while. I got frustrated nothing was being done to close the loopholes which allows cheating alliances to duplicate their mine troops. About a month ago, I deciced to come back to try and reveal Haypis biggest secret: The hunting formula. So if you're interested, read on.

First off, we need to clarify what is meant by "the hunting formula". People use the term to mean all sorts of things. Here, I will show the various precise questions, which i find interesting, when we want to discover the "hunting formula"

1) What is the formula for gold harvest?
2) What is the effect of oasis lvl, at the time of (1) dispatch of hunt, (2) hunt start, (3) harvest
3) What determines the chance of successfull / unsuccessfull?
4) What determines the chance of getting gold or getting an item?
5) If you get an item, what determines what type and lvl of item you get?

I have found the answer to question 1: What is the formula for gold harvest. Feel free to research into the 3 other questions. Quick note about question 2: It doesnt matter if oasis changes level once your troops have started hunting. Also it doesnt matter if oasis changes ownership once your troops have been dispatched to hunt.

I started my research on February 20th, and discovered the gold formula on March 10th, so all in all 20 days was needed.

Some discoveries about hunting:
1) You can mix troops in the same hunt, and it will not impact the gold harvest negatively, so e.g. cats don't slow cav down.
2) Your gold return increases linearly until you have gathered 2.500 gold. Then it starts dropping exponentially with increased hunting time until 12 hours.
3) You gather gold from 0 to 43.200 seconds (equal to 12 hours). Regardless of how long you leave your troops hunting beyond 12 hours, you will not earn extra gold. (however also see note later on about extraordinary results)
4) Troops use their base speed in gathering gold. I have found no effect of your speed attribute/items/enhancements.

The factors influencing gold harvest are:
1) Number of cav
2) Number of inf
3) Number of arc
4) Number of cat
5) Oasis lvl when hunting starts
6) Seconds hunted

This is the formula which returns the number of seconds, at which your troops will have gathered 2.500 gold. Note: The "2.500" is the gold factor. You can substitute it for less than 2.500 if you want to know other results. If you are a stone hunter, you will be interested in substituting 2500 for 2000 :-)

max( secs ; 43.200 ) = 43.200.000 * 2.500 / ( (10 + oasis_lvl) * (inf*150 + cav*300 + arc*125 + cat*50))

Example 1: lets say you want to know when 834 inf have hunted 2500 gold from a lvl 10 oasis
the right side of the formula becomes:
43.200.000 * 2.500 / ( (10 + 10) * (834*150 + 0*300 +0*125 + 0*50) = 43.165 seconds
Result: Your 834 inf need to hunt for 43.165 seconds to harvests 2.500 gold.

Example 2: lets say you want to know when 833 inf have hunted 2500 gold from a lvl 10 oasis:
the right side of the formula becomes:
43.200.000 * 2.500 / ( (10 + 10) * (833*150 + 0*300 +0*125 + 0*50) = 43.217 seconds
Result: 43.217 secs is higher than 43.200 which is the max number of seconds you keep earning gold. That means 833 inf will never be able to harvest 2.500 gold. They will be able to harvest 2.499 gold if you keep them hunting for 43.192 seconds, and the last 8 seconds up to 43.200 seconds they get nothing extra.

Above 2.500 gold harvest, your returns degrade exponentially. The formula is rather complex, so to simplify it, I use the term "secs_2500". This is the result of the above formula when you find the number of seconds required to harvest 2.500 gold. In example 1 above, "secs_2500" was 43.165 secs. The ^0,5 is the square root. The formula rounds off, so I recommend you use excel and enter both formulas, so you do calculations with all decimals.

Gold = 2.500 * ( max( secs ; 43.200 ) / secs_2500) ^0,5

Maybe one of you math wizards out there is able to simplify the formulas further? If so, please do, and I will update the formulas and credit you in the credits section :-)

Example 3: Lets say you want to know how much gold 50k inf can harvest in a lvl 10 oasis:
secs_2500 = 43.200.000 * 2.500 / ( (10 + 10) * (50000*150 + 0*300 +0*125 + 0*50) = 720
Result: 50k inf will harvest 2.500 gold in exactly 720 seconds or 12 minutes. You suffer no degrade in harvest during this time.
Gold = 2.500 * ( max( 43.200 ; 43.200 ) / 720 ) ^0,5 = 19.364,9 = 19.365 gold
Result: 50k inf will harvest a total of 19.365 gold if you leave them hunting for 12 hours or more in a lvl 10 oasis.

Example 4: Lets say you want to know how many inf are required to harvest 40.000 gold from a lvl 10 oasis when hunting for 12 hours. 40.000 is the gold value of a scepter.

To calculate this I use excel and then gradually increase the cell with the number of inf, until gold surpasses 39.999,5. The "depressing" result is you need 213.329 inf to harvest 39.999,6 gold = 40.000 gold from a lvl 10 oasis when you leave them hunting for 12 hours or more.

Similar results:
You need 120.000 inf hunting 12 hours in a lvl 10 oasis to harvest 30.000 gold (gold value of a lvl 15 sword/armor/horse)
You need 270.000 inf hunting 12 hours in a lvl 10 oasis to harvest 45.000 gold (gold value of a lvl 15 manual)
You need 1.333.320 inf hunting 12 hours in a lvl 10 oasis to harvest 100.000 gold (gold value of a crown)

What if you roll items instead of gold:
Be very careful thinking the gold value will give you an item of the same value, if the system decides to roll an item instead of gold! I have done extensive testing with 4k inf hunting in various oasis levels. If you harvest 4k inf in a lvl 10 oasis after 8 hours, you get 4.472 gold. However, if the system rolls a ring, you get a lvl 3 ring! A lvl 4 ring is worth 4k gold, but somehow the system decides you can only get a lvl 3 ring.
In over 100 tests of 4k inf, i have:
1) never received a nugget when hunting 12 hours or less. I have harvested a nugget at 25hours 41minutes from a lvl7 oasis. It might be possible to get a nugget at less time too.
2) never received a gold box when hunting 12 hours or less. I have harvested a gold box at 25hours 41minutes from a lvl 7 oasis. It might be possible to get a gold box at less time too.
3) never received a silver box when hunting less than 9 hours. I have harvested a silver box from a lvl 10 oasis after 9 hours. Gold value is 4.744 gold at 9 hours in a lvl 10 oasis. It might be possible to get a silver box at less time too.

Speculation: It seems the hunt time poses a constraint on the max level of item, you can get. If you hunt above 12 hours, you can get higher and higher level items, though never above the gold, you harvested at 12 hours. Silver boxes, gold boxes and enhancement stones seem to run a special pattern apart from ring/armor/sword/horse/manual. Maybe nuggets/gems/medals/scepters/crowns also run a special pattern. Feel free to research further into this.

I have observed some extraordinary results:
At one point, I harvested 8 (yes eight) cav for 46 hours in a lvl 9 oasis. The result was 2.046 gold! Normally, 8 cav would only be able to harvest 46 gold, so somehow i was able to get exactly 2.000 extra gold. This was on an account with 20 fortune and a lvl 1 ring equipped.
I have also received a lvl 3 chest (6.000 gold worth) from 4k inf hunting 9 hours in a lvl 10 oasis. I speculate this was an extraordinary result, as i would only have received 4.744 gold if the system rolled gold insted of a chest.
I speculate the longer you hunt your troops, the greater is the chance of an extraordinary result. I also speculate fortune increases your chance, but it is very difficult to test as the test results take a long time to make and the extraordinaries seem to occur only very rarely. Maybe fortune 100+20 will show increased number of extraordinary results.
I cant say if "extraordinary" just means "add 2000 money to your normal result" or if it also increases the "extraordinary" part with fortune/time hunted/troop size. It does mean, that it is theoretically possible to hunt lvl 15 items / scepters / crowns at less than the inf numbers I posted above.

I will try and research further into what is the formula that determines how time/fortune plays into the max item lvl you can get at a certain time. Feel free to do the same.

I would appreciate it, if some of you guys with crazy army sizes could test off the formulas. I have tested up to 50k inf and 6k cav and the formulas works on all results. I cant say if there is some cutoff point at higher troop sizes at which you get less/more gold. So even if the formulas work for you, please post results, so we can all benefit from them. I will update credits with names of any who help out verifying or falsifying the formulas :-)

Formula working:
up to 6k cav (confirmed by Brextor)
up to 50k inf (confirmed by Brextor)

Credits:
Tigerinoz, SobyJunior, Koroush, XhighlifeX, s115 - helping me with subs and test results
Akiras, InvadorZIM, s88 - helping me with items and test results
Merphul, s115 - discovering you can harvest the same oasis over and over all day without it degrading your risk of unsuccessfull.

hope it works
<<

jewzaku

Baron

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 pm

troop size matters most.

i hunted 4 pairs of 3500 cav 2000 arch 600 cats all hunts range 4.6k lowest to 6.6k highest out of the 4 pairs

a single pair of 3500 cav got me 3.6k cash.

hunted a medal with 125k archers for a hour with high fortn.

got a lvl 10 ring in 5 minutes dont remember army size but around 80-120k in the hunt.

hunts also dont stack up in example 8 hour hunt of 7.5k cav got me 8k cash. 1 hour hunt gets me 2.3k cash.so as a hour goes by you get less and less.

in my view all hunts past 8 hours seem 50/50
<<

BoOonidz

Beginner

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Works for me :) hunted a scepter..thanks ,whoever found this out is great
<<

Taem96

Conqueror

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Is very interesting and I can't wait to test it, but there's a few things I'm confused about.

Your formula: max( secs ; 43.200 ) = 43.200.000 * 2.500 / ( (10 + oasis_lvl) * (inf*150 + cav*300 + arc*125 + cat*50)) is slightly confusing to me.

I can't figure out what max( secs ; 42.200 ) means. Or rather how that translates into Max seconds. Specifically, what does That semicolon mean?

I'm actually not the most mathematically competent individual and I must admit, I was even thrown off by your use of decimal points instead of commas (I'm an American, you see).

I am glad to see a new approach to cracking the hunting code! Well done!
<<

itstheman

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:06 am

I don't know if am doing this right so I want you to tell me if I'm doing it right.

43,200,000*2,000 / (10+9) * (1,000 * 300)=1,515.789473684211
8,640,000,000 / 5,700,000 = 1,515.789473684211
My result was 1,515 sec
S120 itstheman(active)
<<

xc3pti0n

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Great job!

I did some testing of the gold hunt formula today:
  • hunts confirmed the formula for infantry & cavalry
  • formula results for archers were off by +25%
  • NONE of my test hunts involved CATAPULTS
For archers, formula just needs a slightly different gold gain modifier. For infantry (150) and cavalry (300) gold modifiers are base troop speeds, for archers it is not base speed (125) but 100. You can see my test results here: (
formulatest.pdf
Hunting formula test (2012.04.18)
(36.13 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
).

Down below I am explaining the formula as I broke it down after initial confused contemplation.

Linear (L_) part of the gold hunt formula is such (L_Gold_Hunted):
  Code:
                   Magic * Time_Hunted
L_Gold_Hunted = ----------------------------
                Max_Gold_Gain_Time * 1000

• Max_Gold_Gain_Time is 12*3600 = 43200
  • Time_Hunted =
    • REAL hunt time (in seconds) (if hunt lasts less than 12 hours)
    • Max_Gold_Gain_Time (if hunt lasts longer than 12 hours)
  • Troops_Gold_Gain =
    Number_of_Infantry * Infantry_Gold_Multiplier +
    Number_of_Cavalry * Cavalry_Gold_Multiplier +
    Number_of_Archers * Archer_Gold_Multiplier +
    Number_of_Catapults * Catapult_Gold_Multiplier

• (Infantry|Cavalry|Archer|Catapult)_Gold_Multiplier are (150|300|125|50) from Brextor post (identical to unit base speeds)
  • Magic is total gold harvest rate
    • Magic = (10 + Hunted_Oasis_Level) * Troops_Gold_Gain

Calculation example: (222 cavalry hunting 3h 12min in 3rd level oasis):
  Code:
Time_Hunted = 3*60*60 + 12*60 = 11520
Troops_Gold_Gain =
                       0 * 150 +
                     222 * 300 +
                       0 * 125 +
                       0 * 50 = 66600

Magic = (10 + 3) * 66600 = 865800

865800 * 11520
L_Gold_Hunted = ---------------- = 230.88
                  43200 * 1000
As this is well under 2500 gold breakpoint, 231 (rounded 230.88) is number of gold hunted. If it were over 2500, one would need to use the exponential part of the formula to find total Gold_Hunted.

Gold_Hunted =
  • L_Gold_Hunted, (if L_Gold_Hunted <=2500)
  • 50*L_Gold_Hunted^0.5, (if L_Gold_Hunted > 2500)
It would be great if someone can verify hunting with catapults too.
<<

Brextor

Beginner

Post Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for the replies to v1.0 of the guide guys. Your questions were posed to v1.0 of the guide, so I will answer them here. I have just updated the guide to v1.1, so maybe most of your questions are already answered.

jewzaku wrote:troop size matters most.

I would say troop type and oasis level matters most. Good luck getting good hunts using only cats in a level 0 oasis ;)

BoOonidz wrote:hunted a scepter

If you hunted at the minimum inf value, i posted in v1.0 of the guide, you would have hit 40.000, which meant your scepter was an extraordinary hunt, since the min bracket for scepter starts at 40.001. At the time of v1.0, I thought the min bracket was at 40.000.

Taem96 wrote:I can't figure out what max( secs ; 42.200 ) means. Or rather how that translates into Max seconds. Specifically, what does That semicolon mean?

The max(x1;x2;x3..xn) and min(x1;x2;x3..xn) are included in Excel. They operate by selecting the max or min value of all the various values separated by the semicolon.

itstheman wrote:I don't know if am doing this right so I want you to tell me if I'm doing it right.

I will say you should try and use the formula, I wrote for Excel in v1.1 of the guide. It should make it much easier for you.

xc3pti0n wrote:For archers, formula just needs a slightly different gold gain modifier (...) it is not base speed (125) but 100

Thanks :) I was thinking it was base speed from the inf/cav results, but since archers used 100 instead of 125 it became clear to me, it actually had nothing at all to do with base speed ;)
Next

Return to Haypi Guides