FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hunting formula explained

<<

Brextor

Beginner

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Hunting formula explained

itstheman wrote:i did this and excel said the formula you typed contains an error

The formulas are correct - i have double checked even the formulas you quoted ;)

Your error could be related to your Excel language. I have written the formula using English words for the formulas as I reckon it is the most used version (by the way, I do not use an English version of Excel myself). If you use Excel in a different language, you need to replace the following with the formula words in your language:

"ROUND"
"IF"
"MIN"
"MAX"

I recommend you try google to find the formula words in your langauge. Or you might start here: (enter the formula words in the "show rows containing" field)
wwwhome.ewi.utwente.nl/~trieschn/excel/excel.html
<<

buffonsix

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:05 am

To those of you for which the formula is not working follow these instructions: click on the tools tab and then click on options. A box will come up in which you should select the international tab and then uncheck the 'use system separator' box, then change the period in the decimal separator box to a comma and the comma in the thousands separator to a period. Did this on a hunch and it worked for me. Good luck!

And awesome job on the formula work...looking forward to cracking the enhancement stone hunt.
<<

anonaut

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 am

doiop.com/haypi

quickly created spreadsheet. work in progress
<<

Elzith

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:56 am

Why cant i cut and paste from the forum once i highlight the excel formula and hit cut my comp dings and than if i go to excel to paste it into my worksheet there is nothing to paste :?: and to buff where is the tools tab in excell 2007?
Previous

Return to Haypi Guides