FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

THE INFANTRY UNIT

<<

jewzaku

Baron

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:43 am

Re: THE INFANTRY UNIT

100K inf vs 1 inf 1 cav 1 arch 9993 cats

inf loose espcly if cats defend and have turrets.and if cats have fortn...whole inf armys are useless if lucky hits come into play.
<<

Taem96

Conqueror

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 am

Taem96 wrote: one wouldn't expect to much from their cav army, and for this reason, you will rarely see a monocav army, rather youll find them accompanied by archers or cats. The same should hold true for your inf. don't expect miracles, instead set them up for success and prepare them for the possiblity of facing cats by pairing them with a ranged unit for support.

There are many ways to defeat infantry, as their are many ways to defeat any unit.
The idea is to illustrate the actual benefit of power in using inf as opposed to cav. I don't believe in that situation that cav would fare any better than inf. I will stick to my original sentiments....inf= more power/less prestige loss than any unit in the game. Its up to the general themself to maximize the effectiveness of their army as well as not putting their army into a losing situation.
<<

Strikerman

Citizen

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:28 pm

I decided to attempt this on a new server, so I started a new account on 96. I've only had a chance to use them once so far, but my 13k inf were attacked by 1000/74/0/2000, and they won. I would likely have gained about 3-5k pp, not a terrible amount but the aggressor withdrew. This was between 2 lvl 9 pplayers with low enhancements, and as time goes on they should begin to reward me. Also, the hunts are amazing. Several medals, nuggets and plenty of wnhqncement stones.
Strikerman S90
Zymase S602
<<

Taem96

Conqueror

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:06 pm

To be honest, I've never used inf at such a low level. While I think you'd be much more prestigous building and using cats at lv9, I'm very intrigued to hear more about your exploits.
I imagine at lv9 you're one of the higher ranks on your server, is 2k-10k cats typical? Are people taking lv10 forts yet? Are you finding any cav armies yet?
<<

Strikerman

Citizen

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:07 pm

At the time I was in the top 50, so yes armies were small. I was making the point though that yes, even a mono-inf army can be useful, if you plan for it. Heal is needed, and defense over attack or fortune, you'll want as many to survive as possible.
Strikerman S90
Zymase S602
<<

Icecool121

Citizen

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:47 pm

While inf's attack against cav is much superior to any other unit, I'm sceptical about the inf's supposed higher def+health per crop consumption.
Against minimum attribute units of an oasis, my cats do kill more pp worth of cav than inf but there is not nearly the difference that the barrack stats would have us believe. When defence stats are higher however, the cav seem to be more resilient even though inf should in theory become even more resilient than cav.
E.g . An opponent had 26 cav and 76 total attack while my defence is 168.
Their cav killed 7 of my cav, or 28pp worth while they killed 31 of my inf.

There seem to be quite a few hidden formulas haypi haven't told us about...
Kingdom- S124- Icecool121- King of Kings
<<

Taem96

Conqueror

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm glad you pointed this out.

In truth, inf offer more defense per crop than cav, but in reality a cav possesses nearly 3x the defense of an inf of equal level (statistically).

What this means is while a cav may soak up 700 damage or so and not die, that same 700 damage will kill 3 inf. this woud seem to me to explain your skepticism.

This is exactly why it becomes necessary to field large numbers of inf so that excess damage on a first strike doesn't obliterate your capacity to deal huge damage with your inf.

For a player who fields armies inthe thousands, inf are not going to be an optimal troop choice (though neither are cav). For a player who fields armies in the tens of thousands, inf are better equipped than cav, and the power they bring dwarfs the attack capacity of a cav army of equal consumption....especially when fighting against cav.
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 pm

i still agree with you taem inf are the best troop type, not the most practical but definitely the most powerful, no matter how you spin it they are only good in the millions lol
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Targon

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Hmmm I'm level 17 now and Have 100 points in Speed, where do i put the rest? I'm building an infil/archer army right now at 200/100 and I wanna know where to put the rest of my points, does Attack and Def matter? since both infil and archers have such low base stats to start with.
<<

Taem96

Conqueror

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Max speed is not always a necessity.

For instance, will your inf reach the other end of the field any quicker with a max speed than they would with a speed of say, 70+50?

When using inf, your objective is to reach the enemy in 2 turns. You will always be slower than a horse, so you need not worry about initiative (moving/attacking first). Your priority is to limit the amount of attacks the enemy gets with his ranged units as you march towards him. You do not need a max speed to do this.

I like to keep my speed at 70 and right now it's +89. The "+" increases every time I upgrade/enhance.

Defense I have at 100+65

Attack is 50+70

Fortune (mostly for my archers) is 35+15

As I upgrade/enhance things, I can bring speed down and put more points on attack or fortune.

This is at level 19

Use my stats as a guideline as well as evidence that a Max speed is not needed....contrary to popular belief.

I believe people rely on max speed without considering what benefits they could achieve without it.

Also, your inf don't really have such low stats....in relation to other units, they're considerably higher. Nonetheless, defense is very important and attack only makes them better.
PreviousNext

Return to Haypi Guides