FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simplified Mine Guide--For Alliance Members

<<

S-Mirror

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:33 am

Simplified Mine Guide--For Alliance Members

ALLIANCE MINE GUIDE...for members
Written by S-Mirror, s75

Hello! Here's an alliance mine guide, for alliance MEMBERS who are curious to know more about the mine game, but who don't need to know all that technical stuff! Some of my alliance members on s75 were curious to learn more, and found the original guide posted on the forums a little confusing. So I created this guide with the intent of explaining the basic concepts members may need to know, or might like to know, without all the extra info. If anything is unclear, please tell me and I'll rewrite sections of this guide!

THE BASIC MINE GUIDE!

***Alliance prestige (pp)***
Alliance pp is gained as an alliance holds a mine. For every hour an alliance holds a mine, their prestige goes up! The higher the level mine, the more prestige it gains. Every 48 hours a mine decays to give only half what it gave when first occupied. 
Level 1 Mine: 200 pp/hour---->100 pp/hour after decay
Level 2 Mine: 240 pp/hour---->120 pp/hour after decay
Level 3 Mine: 320 pp/hour----> 160 pp/hour after decay
Level 4 Mine: 440 pp/hour---->220 pp/hour after decay
Level 5 Mine: 680 pp/hour---->340 pp/hour after decay

To prevent decay, an alliance must leave its mine, or lose it to another alliance. Alliances may make deals with alliances to prevent losses when having to refresh their mines. Taking an unoccupied mine is costly as the levels of the mine go up, especially when taking a level 5 mine, losses may range from 6k cats-9k cats, if an alliance has a pure catapult army, plus blockers.

An alliance may gain prestige by killing other alliance's armies. They gain about 1/100 the prestige a regular player gains per troop. Unfortunately, there's a quotient for level differences between alliances. Higher level alliances will get less prestige from wiping lower level alliances.

***Alliance Daily Gift***
An alliance gets a daily gift once a day, like you do at 0:00:00. The daily gift is a number of resources that an alliance cab use to build it's army, or feed the one it has!

The number of resources an alliance gets is dependent on its alliance level, and whether it holds a mine or not. An alliance gains more resources if it holds a mine, and as it levels up.

Aftermath, at level 5, gets a dg of about 900k of each resource, and 1.1 million crops when we hold a mine.

We only get 400k/500k or so when we do not. (can't recall specific numbers).

HOWEVER! We have to hold a mine for 12 hours before we can grab our dg! That means that if an alliance steals our mine sometime during the day, we won't be able to grab our dg for another 12 hours after we lost and got back our mine.

I usually grab our dg right before I go to bed. Then I make some cats, make sure we have enough crops to last, then go to bed for the night.

***Vice Leader Options***
Vices can do a few things regular members cannot do, when it comes to the mine game.
They can:
Access the market
Build Troops
Spend coins on troops speed up
Recall and dispatch troops
Send attacks
Grab Alliance Daily Gift
Grab command from a commanding member
Upgrade the alliance
Callback troops from an attack

***Leader Options***
As an alliance leader, I can do everything a vice can do. I can also resign our mine.

***Crop Consumption!!***
Perhaps one of the most stressful things about an alliance army is feeding it!! You can see your alliance army's crop consumption next to the grain bags, under population. It's probably a nasty red negative number.

Alliance members should keep an eye on crop levels, and notify a vice or leader when they are low. Also, all crop donations help keep an alliance army fed! It would not be possible to feed a large army without all member's help!

***Commanding!***
We can go into techical things, but I'd rather not. For the purpose of this guide, we'll be talking about an alliance army of 1/1/1/50k cats. Since this guide is for members, we'll discuss defending a mine.

An alliance army is attacking you! No vices are online, and the leader has passed out! 

What can you do?

Well, guess what! You can command the battle! When another alliance attacks, troop numbers are NOT displayed under the actions command. In a way, it is like a hidden attack. If a vice or leader was online, they would have to decide whether their alliance army can take on whoever is attacking. But we're commanding this battle.

The enemy sends 1/1/1/15k. Easy right? Just pause your troops and and kill them one at a time?

WRONG

Mine battles are done at base stats. This means there is no speed factor to determine who gets first hit. The defender will always get first hit AS LONG AS THEY'RE MOVING FORWARD! By pausing your troops, you give their cats a free hit!

To give yourself time to kill the other troops, wait your cats for 4 turns. Move forward on the fifth, and TARGET their CATS. Ignore the rounds at the top--they are skewed and do not display the appropriate number.

Battle styles may vary depending on a member's battle experience.

Honor Points
Last thing: honor points. You gain honor points based on your ranking within your alliance, and the level mine your alliance hold. The higher your ranking, and the higher the mine: the more honor you will get.
Having contribution points without a mine will not get you any honor points.
Honor points gets you a cool medal by your name. It has no practical purpose in game. However, here's how much honor it takes per medal:
1-15k honor
2-55k honor
3-160k honor
4-350k honor
5-800k honor
Last edited by S-Mirror on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

andyst

Baron

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: Simplified Mine Guide--For Alliance Members

Wow! Very very good! Easy to read and not to long and filled with all the necessary info! Thanks. Btw a leader can callback troops frI'm an attack. Something a vice can not do.
!S110!
^1st duke^
Fallout co-leader
~andyst~
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Great guide! The commanding bit is very helpful!

Just one little point, alliances gain 1/100 of the prestige that a normal player would gain.
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

DD-pink

Baron

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Very helpful. Thank you :)
Haypi Kingdom
S610 DD610

1dcampos wrote: it is that when you are rude to people, they are less willing to try and meet or exceed your expectations.

<<

S-Mirror

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks guys! It's not too confusing is it? I tried to simplify the most important points, so if something is too complicated, say something, please!

Arythy wrote:Great guide! The commanding bit is very helpful!

Just one little point, alliances gain 1/100 of the prestige that a normal player would gain.

I was under the impression that an alliances gains 1/10, but when I thought about it, you are completely right! Math error on my side!

For a regular player, 1 cat = 10 prestige. For the mine game, 10 cats = 1 prestige.

Our alliance army got wiped the other week, and the enemy got about 5k prestige. We had 72,000 cats. A regular player would have gotten 720k prestige. An alliance gets two zeros dropped, so they would have gotten 7,200 prestige. They had losses, so they didn't get so much.

The 1/10 came from the fact that prestige gain is 1/10 the catapults you have. I think in all cats. Thanks again, I'll change that! :)

andyst wrote:Wow! Very very good! Easy to read and not to long and filled with all the necessary info! Thanks. Btw a leader can callback troops frI'm an attack. Something a vice can not do.

Have they changed this? I'm pretty sure vices can do this as well--back when I wouldn't command a mine battle, one of my vices was supposed to send an attack at one alliance, but accidentally sent it at one of our friends! Whoops! She's the one that recalled our troops, so unless they've changed that feature, vices should be able to do that.

I added this to the vices section. Thank you :)

Thanks again guys! Anything you think that I'm missing? I didn't want to make it too long!
<<

nIcKrOx

Warlord

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Last time i checked the callback button is there but cant be used. When my alliance had that problem it always said "You do not have the authority to do that" even to the leader
\-Haypi Kingdom-/
Server102-King
Server83-1st Earl
-----------------------------------------
\-Haypi Monster-/
Server2-Lvl 19

May his noodly appendages keep us from floating up to the sky.
Ramen.

FSM
<<

S-Mirror

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:38 pm

I'll look into the callback option. We haven't had to use it, so I haven't had direct experience with it! Thanks again. :)
<<

Wh1pp1ng

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:09 am

Very helpful! But it would be better if you could include how many troops you need to take each mine. Tks

Return to Haypi Guides