Here I will list the most common reasons why someone is attacking you, and how I deal with it ;
Farming for resource
You should not be farmed for resources if you are active, but ifs its happening try the following ;
- Msg them to stop, but be nice !
- Dont go over your cranny limit often to minimise what they take
- Keep building traps and turrets, earns prestige for you and kills some of their troops
- With some turrets/traps put one of each unit type in your city, this will annoy your opponent and add rounds to their battle, making them lose more units possibly, and wasting their time
Killing your units for prestige
You should not leave troops out for obvious reasons, keep re-hunting them fast, and do not multi task while farming, if someone kills your army and gets prestige they will scout you more often for more, be careful.
Cropping you to starve your army
Ways to minimise this risk ;
- spread your crops as far and as wide as you possibly can
- leave 9 cav on each crop if you have max scouting lvl as your opponent will not know they are there, often people send 1 cav, you will defend this
- do not keep running negative crop if your unsure if you can manage or react quickly to a cropping attack
- have funds to buy more crop if needed, or store some crop on the market at a high price
Trying to take a sub from you
Ok I have lost and stolen a lot of subs in my time and I see it like this, if you get attacked but your online or can get online from seeing the notify you should never lose a sub if you dont want to, if your offline and dont know your being attacked you should always lose the sub.
Your opponents need to do 10 loyalty attacks to take your sub, and as they have 5 attacks a day they need two accounts, if they port in two accounts just let them hit you 9 times then you buy loyalty for 5 coins before the 10th attack and you are safe from those two attackers for the day. You can now consider moving your sub to a new location or try to defend it again the next day, this might be countered by them pinning your sub from a distance, your option then is too pay for war refuse until the pins expire ( I have never used WR, if im wrong please correct me) , or wait and defend more when they try again.
In my experience the opponent will usually use at least one alt to attack with and their army will often be smaller than in your sub so you can defend one of their attacks that way.
I might add to this at a later date, but hopefully this will help at least one person, let me know if you have any questions or comments, have fun !
Thanks GeorgeAgd Server 103