FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Guide 3

<<

Storm844

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Guide 3

Heres a guide for those who want to get prestige from war...

Attack:
-Method 1- The frist method is the easiest but possibly the one that requires luck and patience. It is great for those with not too big armies.... Its very straightforward. All you have to do is scout like crazy. This can be very frustrating but a few tips are to scout mostly at night it possible. Many people have troops training and at around 1am or later they are done . This means that while the player is asleep you can attack him. Another tip is that when you finally find someone i like to send a message saying "hey" or something. If i don't get an answer within 4 min i attack. Because most people keep armies in their city while playing. This will ensure that they are offline and ready to kill. Be patient!

-Method 2-I personally like this method of attack it is called "starvation". For this method you will need good speed, a nice level marching, 4-10 calvary, 3000+ infantry, and 1k+ catapults depending on the target. Now if you have one device like most people all you have to do is take over the owners crop oasis' so his output becomes drastically negative. Then i attack 1-2 times to get his crops in his main city to 0. When this happens all of his troops that were hunting are automatically recalled. YAY now you can attack!. A few tips are too make sure obviously the player is not online! A second tip is to make sure u aren't headed for going over the daily attack limit which is 5! so i attack crops 2 times main 2 times and city with troops once. This may vary depending on amount of crop oasis'. Another good tip is that you should always attack people that are either lower levels or have less cats. You obviously don't want to have all this work and then find out he has a close to or bigger army!

Defensive

-Method 1- This method is risky but will pay off. Now this method is also great for players that have a good size army but are not a high level. Basically you bait people into attacking you! It is nice to have a nice line of turrets and traps,but not direly necessary. Lets say you have 2k catapults and 4k infantry. Well leave out about 250-500 infantry and 100 cats. This will ensure the person attacks you with about 500 cats and maybe some infantry. When theres about 10 seconds left you harvest the rest of your army from hunting and BAM! you wipe out this player! A good tip is that you never want to leave out more than about 30% of your army. You want to be attacked, but you don't want to leave out so much that people send more than you can handle. Also NEVER LOG OFF WHEN USING THIS STRATEGY AND ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ACTIONS! People could get a hidden attack and your bait could be gone because you wanted to be tricky..

-Method 2- This is for when you are being starved. First of all the player will take your oasis. I say let them. If you can get a cat over there before his calvary arrives GREAT, but if not don't sweat it. Normally it take 4 attacks for him to get you down to 0 crop. As soon as he does his fourth attack BUY CROPS!!! He is scouting you right now waiting for that crop to go to 0 and those troops be recalled. Usually if you do this the person quits. If you believe he has a second device and is going to attack 5 more times its best to go ahead and dispatch to your second city.

General help.

It is very important that you upgrade marching and shooting. Marching is very cheep relative to other techs to upgrade. You want a high lvl speed and attack. I also find it helpful to upgrade attack at the tech center! It is not imperative though. Upgrade shooting first then marching then turrets. Turrets are useless unless lvl 7 or above so save those for last. The amount of prestige you get is equal to the crop consumption of the unit you kill. So 100 catapults = 10 crop consumption = 1k prestige (with no losses). 

Please feel free to tell me things to add
<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Guide 3

Lurking. Send me a pm if ya want to talk :)

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide
<<

Storm844

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Didn't feel like it and it would take me a while I have had these guides for a long time just now thought of sharing them
<<

Zate

Marquis

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Storm844 wrote:Heres a guide for those who want to get prestige from war...

Attack:
-Method 1- The frist method is the easiest but possibly the one that requires luck and patience. It is great for those with not too big armies.... Its very straightforward. All you have to do is scout like crazy. This can be very frustrating but a few tips are to scout mostly at night it possible. Many people have troops training and at around 1am or later they are done . This means that while the player is asleep you can attack him. Another tip is that when you finally find someone i like to send a message saying "hey" or something. If i don't get an answer within 4 min i attack. Because most people keep armies in their city while playing. This will ensure that they are offline and ready to kill. Be patient!

People live in different countries, not true the thing about the time

Storm844 wrote:-Method 2-I personally like this method of attack it is called "starvation". For this method you will need good speed, a nice level marching, 4-10 calvary, 3000+ infantry, and 1k+ catapults depending on the target. Now if you have one device like most people all you have to do is take over the owners crop oasis' so his output becomes drastically negative. Then i attack 1-2 times to get his crops in his main city to 0. When this happens all of his troops that were hunting are automatically recalled. YAY now you can attack!. A few tips are too make sure obviously the player is not online! A second tip is to make sure u aren't headed for going over the daily attack limit which is 5! so i attack crops 2 times main 2 times and city with troops once. This may vary depending on amount of crop oasis'. Another good tip is that you should always attack people that are either lower levels or have less cats. You obviously don't want to have all this work and then find out he has a close to or bigger army!

You can attack crops and forts as many times as you want, just 5 times for cities

Storm844 wrote:-Method 2- This is for when you are being starved. First of all the player will take your oasis. I say let them. If you can get a cat over there before his calvary arrives GREAT, but if not don't sweat it. Normally it take 4 attacks for him to get you down to 0 crop. As soon as he does his fourth attack BUY CROPS!!! He is scouting you right now waiting for that crop to go to 0 and those troops be recalled. Usually if you do this the person quits. If you believe he has a second device and is going to attack 5 more times its best to go ahead and dispatch to your second city.

If a player warped his city, I doubt he will give up. If he is near you he will try again later. As I said before players can attack oasises and forts as many times as they want, so he will attack you again with one cav til he steal all your oasises. Plus I don't understand why should you send troops to a sub. If you don't have crops you will lose a lot of crop everywhere if you got a big enough army to be starved. And low level players often has low level buildings in subs

Storm844 wrote:General help.

It is very important that you upgrade marching and shooting. Marching is very cheep relative to other techs to upgrade. You want a high lvl speed and attack. I also find it helpful to upgrade attack at the tech center! It is not imperative though. Upgrade shooting first then marching then turrets. Turrets are useless unless lvl 7 or above so save those for last. The amount of prestige you get is equal to the crop consumption of the unit you kill. So 100 catapults = 10 crop consumption = 1k prestige (with no losses).

Please feel free to tell me things to add

Speed isn't everything. There are a lot of good strategies, just try to study war reports and check some uranos' guides about speed. About turrets: it isn't true that they are useless unless lvl 7. Depends on shooting. Cats with a certain amount of speed and max shooting can't attack turrets of lvl 9-10. About this there are guides too.

General conclusion: before writing a guide, read better other guides and don't say lies because some newbies could trust you.
Last edited by Zate on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

SkyDreamer

Lord

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Storm844 wrote: First of all the player will take your oasis. I say let them. If you can get a cat over there before his calvary arrives GREAT, but if not don't sweat it.
1 cav and 1 archer would work just as well, or 3 infantry/2 cavalry, etc.
Catapults are as slow as dead.

Zate wrote: Cats with speed higher than 100 and max shooting can't attack turrets of lvl 9-10. About this there are guides too.

Level 9 turrets have a range of 1000 and level 10 have a range of 1050. Catapults at max shooting will have a range of 960, and catapults with 100 speed will have a movement of 100 or more. It's therefore possible with around 98 speed catapults or 198 speed catapults to clear level 9/10 turrets with no losses.
SkyDreamer - Retired Expert s59 (115) + 82

~Tease~
<<

Zate

Marquis

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Sorry, I wrote it wrong :)
<<

SkyDreamer

Lord

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Zate wrote:Sorry, I wrote it wrong :)

o.0

~Tease~
<<

Storm844

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:59 am

This is my opinion and and 1-2 times is the amount of times I suggest you attack crop
<<

SkyDreamer

Lord

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:21 am

2 Times Crop, 2 times city, 1 time city or 3 times crop, 1 time city and 1 time city if you have enough troops to take all his resources in one attack.
But then again that's what alliance members are for ;) to help you take the oases

~Tease~

Return to Haypi Guides