FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Traps vs turrets

<<

Chris33

Beginner

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Re: Traps vs turrets

I cannot argue against turrets being better than traps once you can build at least level 8 turrets, however, as this is the guide section and will likely be viewed by new players, I think it is important to mention that at lower levels, traps can be extremely beneficial. The main purpose for traps when you are a low level is to keep yourself from losing prestige. That way if you fall asleep and leave a couple thousand worth of prestige out in your base and a high level player sees it and says "yeah yeah....gimme some of that" and attacks, they will definitely wipe your troops with no losses on their part with no problem, but that's where your traps come in. Even if you only have like level 4 traps and don't really hurt the attackers army very bad, the formula that determines prestige awarded after a battle is so weighted against the higher level attacking player that even level 4 traps can reduce your potential couple thousand worth of prestige loss to almost nothing.
<<

Ownster

Baron

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 am

Chris33 wrote:I cannot argue against turrets being better than traps once you can build at least level 8 turrets, however, as this is the guide section and will likely be viewed by new players, I think it is important to mention that at lower levels, traps can be extremely beneficial. The main purpose for traps when you are a low level is to keep yourself from losing prestige. That way if you fall asleep and leave a couple thousand worth of prestige out in your base and a high level player sees it and says "yeah yeah....gimme some of that" and attacks, they will definitely wipe your troops with no losses on their part with no problem, but that's where your traps come in. Even if you only have like level 4 traps and don't really hurt the attackers army very bad, the formula that determines prestige awarded after a battle is so weighted against the higher level attacking player that even level 4 traps can reduce your potential couple thousand worth of prestige loss to almost nothing.

So that explains y I only lost 6k prest when should have lost more like 20k and I got the full amount that I should have got today when I slaughtered some1s cats
OWNSTER-S5/S1118
OWNSTER11-S11/S118
OWNSTER15-S27
OWNSTER39-S112
OWNSTER50-S50

Need some help? Want a good guide? Or maybe you wanna help some new players?
Read or use this guide! One of Haypis most viewed not by admin, support, mod or an expert!
http://haypi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7312&p=83649#p83649
<<

Newstar

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 am

I wish i had a quick way to test that the tech range has no affect on turrets

If you have max shooting range and level10 turrets, and you get the same field length when you're attacked as you do when you attack a level10 fort, then I guess it would show that shooting range doesn't apply to turrets, because forts have base stats. Send an inf against a random level10 fort :)
<<

Harbashing

Beginner

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:47 am

turrets are better because of attack but u need high shooting skill to kill more enemy's :geek:
<<

Yodac

Warlord

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:36 am

with turrets, speed also plays a big part.
http://www.yodac.net

Yodac wrote:People would be more interested in life, if life gave more interest in them

FOR SUPPORT: Ask me a Q.

Vayneglory wrote: Post count doesn't matter, quit bragging about it
<<

Kindness

Citizen

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 am

Turrets are much more powerful than traps at higher levels (8+). I have heard rumours however that a person with low enough speed can effectively destroy turrets without loss because they can manage to inch just close enough to the turrets to be in range. Low speed, on the downside, is very innefective again enemy troops.

-SirPenguin/Kindness
<<

Yodac

Warlord

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:53 am

but how often, late at night, someone has their entire army out.... usually just a few k pres. am i right?
http://www.yodac.net

Yodac wrote:People would be more interested in life, if life gave more interest in them

FOR SUPPORT: Ask me a Q.

Vayneglory wrote: Post count doesn't matter, quit bragging about it
<<

Kindness

Citizen

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:03 am

Well, unless you starve someone...Which is probably going to cause more problems than prestige :lol:

-SirPenguin/Kindness
<<

Taem96

Conqueror

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:47 am

Kindness wrote:Turrets are much more powerful than traps at higher levels (8+). I have heard rumours however that a person with low enough speed can effectively destroy turrets without loss because they can manage to inch just close enough to the turrets to be in range. Low speed, on the downside, is very innefective again enemy troops.

-SirPenguin/Kindness

This is mostvassuredly possible cuz I've done it. And yes, you need to adjust your battle strategy accordingly if enemy troops are present.

With such a low speed however, it makes your cats the perfect counter to a large force of cav hiding behind turrets.....just so long as theirs no cats as well. That said, I like to limit myself to only attacking targets that have 0 troops or only cav, as well as lv10 turrets of course!
<<

Harbashing

Beginner

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:40 am

i see speed helps with turrets
PreviousNext

Return to Haypi Guides