FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Haypi In Reflection, from a retired veteran.

Moderators: support1, support9

<<

nIcKrOx

Warlord

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 am

Haypi In Reflection, from a retired veteran.

Hello everybody, my name is Nick and I was an avid player of Haypi Kingdom for about 18 months. For anyone who has ever played an online game on their phone/iPod/tablet, they will understand how long 18 months really is. The point is I enjoyed Haypi Kingdom a lot, probably more than I should have. But looking back on my time playing the game, I realize that it wasn't a waste and I met some pretty awesome people. I'm going to recap my haypi experience from the start to the end. :D

Sometime around April or May, 2010, I saw an app in the role playing section of the app store. That app was Haypi Kingdom. It looked pretty basic, with a sword and a brown logo (yes, this was before the app widget was green :o ). Anyway, I downloaded it and upon opening it, realized this wasn't like any of the other games in the app store. It was different, with the main difference being that I could control my army, whereas in most games it's all computer based. My first server was server 4 and I joined late, so there were a lot of players with a million prestige already :shock: . I enjoyed the game play and was growing at a decent rate, especially for it being my first server. I had about 150k prestige and was going strong and then my army was wiped :cry: . I was devastated. I quit Haypi Kingdom for a week or so and then came back and started rebuilding my army slowly, but it just wasn't the same. I heard that a couple of new servers were opening up, and so I headed over to the nearest Best Buy to install Haypi Kingdom on one of their iPod's on display. Once I was back at my house I logged in on my own device and thus began my new adventure of a very new server, Server 7.

Server 7 was by far my favorite server I've ever been in, the people, the atmosphere, pretty much everything was amazing! That's not to say we didn't fight though, at the beginning people really weren't a big fan of me because I was that guy who advertises his alliance every 5 minutes on world chat :lol: . Anyway, I made an alliance called All Stars, and at first we were not good at all :roll: . But that's to be expected when you only get members from advertising in world chat. Once All Stars reached the top 15 on alliance prestige (remember this is before mines, so alliance prestige was simply every member's prestige added together) people started to take notice and I was actually getting letters asking if they could join because we were full! I never thought I was going to be the leader of a top 15 alliance with 50/50 members, I actually wasn't sure how long I was going to play on Server 7. Anyway, what really brought All Stars together was our alliance chat. It was rarely ever dead, and almost all of the time it was busier than world chat. I met so many good friends through the alliance and because our chat was so active everyone wanted to play more, which meant more prestige for our members and the alliance! Pretty soon we were in the top 10, and then the top 5, and finally the top 3, where we stayed at for a while. We weren't accepting just anyone now, the only way to get in was through knowing a member or being well known in the server as a good player with more importantly, good ethics. Shortly after our rise to the top 3 we made a sub alliance, AllStars2, which made it into the top 15 very quickly. Now, most sub alliances don't work out because of lack of activity, but not AllStars2. They were very active, and the 5 vices and I pretty much let them do things on their own, but they took orders from us if we gave them. It was a good system, but it wouldn't have been possible without my vices. Actually, not a single thing would have been able to be done without my vices and members who weren't vices, but sure would have been if there were more than 5 vice positions.

Haypi Kingdom is a game of community, I enjoyed the game because of the people in it. My vices were my friends. Here's a few examples,I would come back after a baseball game and they would remember from earlier that day I was leaving for it and ask me how it went and if my team one and how I did. We would stay up late and just talk about stuff that regular friends talk about. If a member needed resource or a gemstone or a medal the alliance would always have to decide who would be the one to give it away, but not in a bad way :) . There was always a couple people willing to make a sacrifice for the alliance to help someone else out and so they had to decide who would be willing NOT to give away their stuff :lol: . It was great, the community within All Stars was amazing, I'm actually friends with quite a few of them on Facebook. I liked to tell my alliance that I didn't make the alliance, but we all did. Sure I payed the 2000 gold or whatever to make the name and get it started, but it was the player's that made the alliance what it grew to be. I was just a 15 year old kid with no leadership skill whatsoever, and would be a 17 year old kid with no leadership skill if it wasn't for my vices helping me through things.

More than a few months in to my Server 7 experiment, All Stars was ranked number 3, and a war was brewing between the top 2 alliances. I was bombarded with questions from everyone, even people not in the top 3 alliances, about whether we were going to join the war and whose side we were on. Both alliance leaders of the war wanted to know my take on it, and expected it to be done professionally. Keep in mind I'm still a 15 year old kid with little to no leadership experience. This is where my vices helped me the most and if any of them see this I would like to say thank you for helping me get through it all. All 5 of my vices knew I was 15 and most alliance members, but apart from that I kept my age secret from Server 7. I think this actually helped me. We ended up staying neutral in the war and soon jumped up to number 2 in alliance rankings :) . Probably a month and a half later tensions arise between us and the number 1 clan. Things escalate quickly, and again all questions are directed at me (I believe I was now 16 years old). My alliance members and vices help me out hugely again, but things couldn't be talked down, and we went to war. Sadly, things didn't quite go our way, the other side was stronger and more experienced and we just couldn't handle them, so we lost. All Stars didn't fall to number 3 though, and we recovered and grew stronger. We had a few members quit, which was sad, but more took their place and became part of the crew :) .

Flash forward another couple months, the Server is starting to slow down a little, but All Stars is still very much active. By this time I'm finally starting to carry around a decent sized army, I believe I had something around 45000 horses, 85000 archers, and 11000 cats. I was enhancing my crops and using coined cities either given to me or stolen in wartime and I still had to wake up at 4 in the morning to feed my troops. Once a Haypi Kingdom gamer is setting their alarm at 3 or 4 in the morning to replenish crops, they are officially a true player. I was teleporting my cities and raking in prestige gains of 50k-100k every few days, life was good, and then it got better. The number 1 alliance breaks up, for reasons I am still not yet sure of, and we become number 1. Finally, after months of training and hours upon days upon weeks of playing we became the number 1 alliance on Server 7. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought when I first started playing that I would be the leader of an alliance ranked number 1. Random people would congratulate me and my alliance in world chat because they knew what we were about and our journey to get there. It was so awesome, and it showed me the true community that I played with, and it made me happy :D . We stayed number 1 for a while, and then people started to quit :( .

All of a sudden we wouldn't hear from a person that we normally hear everyday, and it was like a part of the alliance and a part of me was missing. They were the reason I played this game, I mean sure I liked the style and commanding but ultimately it was the people who kept me at a server. More and more friends just decided not to log in one day, and that made everyone sad. We dropped to rank 2, and then to rank 3, and so on. I and a few of the original vices tried to keep people coming back on, but it was no use :cry: . Finally I had to make the hardest decision of my Haypi Kingdom career, disbanding the alliance. Thinking back on it still makes me sad, but it had to be done. I needed to move on and find another community.

I applied to the new number 1 alliance. And was accepted within seconds. The people were nice and somewhat knew what I was going through. They were there for me, and it kept me playing. I made new friends, who ironically were my enemies in the war All Stars lost to. I got to know them, and they got to know me, most of them didn't believe I was 16, they thought I was too mature and too good at leading to be 16. I guess I have my All Stars to thank for that :) they helped me in more ways than in just Haypi Kingdom too, now I'm not afraid to take the lead in a group setting at school, whereas a few years ago I would have been terrified. The All Stars community made a lasting impact on my life, but I wasn't done with Haypi Kingdom yet.

It was merging time. Servers 5-8 had been waiting for it a long time, and then we became Server 102. I was still with my alliance after All Stars, the old enemies but now new friends alliance. We stayed active for a good few months after the merge, fighting wars and actually making number 1 in rank for a while :D . But soon people started to leave, and once again my friends were quitting Haypi Kingdom, leaving me with an emptiness that wouldn't be filled again. It started out as not logging in as often, then to having my army starve on accident, then to logging on even less often, until finally the game lost interest in me.

I occasionally made a new account and tried out a new server, tried dropping $20 to kick start on a new server with the hope of finding a new community, but I never did. I'm not saying there isn't good communities out there, not at all, but for me they just haven't shown up. I will sometimes log on to my original Server 7 account and see if any of my old friends are maybe logging on, or I'll make a new account and see if I can find some new people to have fun with. But I haven't had luck with any of that recently, and as such I've left Haypi Kingdom alone.

I've said it before, but what makes Haypi Kingdom a great game is the community it has. Without the people it is just an okay game, but with the people you get all you could ever ask for in a game. So in reflection, looking back I enjoyed almost every minute of playing, because I was enjoying the game with my friends from Haypi Kingdom.

Here's me and my cat Winky, he only has one eye because when he was a kitten he got kicked by a horse and it kinda fell out :( We weren't sure if he was going to make it, but he did and now he's probably my favorite cat ever :D . He runs into things a lot because he can't see depth so when we get new furniture he bangs his head a lot haha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's a little (maybe a lot) long, but I wanted to right my real reflection on Haypi Kingdom and what it means to me :D enjoy!
\-Haypi Kingdom-/
Server102-King
Server83-1st Earl
-----------------------------------------
\-Haypi Monster-/
Server2-Lvl 19

May his noodly appendages keep us from floating up to the sky.
Ramen.

FSM
<<

kidkissbat

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Haypi In Reflection, from a retired veteran.

good reflection... i enjoyed reading ur post... :)
Kidkissbat
Server 112
2nd Marquis
NEVER FORGET---NEVER FORGIVE---
<<

Bucky1349

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 am

Really like it dude.

Sounds very familiar to what has happened to lots of us

Congrats
<<

BreREX

Citizen

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 pm

i miss server 7 so much im almost in tears :cry:
<<

Legit333

Marquis

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 am

Reminds me of my s9 days. Good reflection. Good job sir.

<<

Tim84

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:07 am

beep
<<

Legit333

Marquis

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:13 am

Tim84 wrote:beep

Comments not regarding posts to gain post count are against post rules. Please stop.

<<

Tim84

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:20 am

Legit333 wrote:

Comments not regarding posts to gain post count are against post rules. Please stop.

Comments not regarding posts to gain post count are against post rules. Please stop bad expert
<<

Legit333

Marquis

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:21 am

Tim84 wrote:
Legit333 wrote:

Comments not regarding posts to gain post count are against post rules. Please stop bad expert

Rico/support- remove this spammer.

<<

Tim84

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:24 am

Rico/support- remove this spammer.[/quote]

Next

Return to Haypi In Reflection May 11th-June 30th