FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

iPod Technical Difficulties

Moderators: support1, support54

<<

Citizen

Post Sat May 12, 2012 1:28 am

iPod Technical Difficulties

I need help - my iPod has a stuck/loose power/sleep button. Anyone have any suggestions? It does not have a warranty anymore. I didn't drop it or anything bad... It just was stuck this afternoon and I don't have a clue what to do... The button is loose and sort of clicked in. It doesn't seem to malfunction (e.g. sleep/turn off at random times though). Help please?
<<

RO-5ELiTE

Conqueror

Post Mon May 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: iPod Technical Difficulties

314159 wrote:I need help - my iPod has a stuck/loose power/sleep button. Anyone have any suggestions? It does not have a warranty anymore. I didn't drop it or anything bad... It just was stuck this afternoon and I don't have a clue what to do... The button is loose and sort of clicked in. It doesn't seem to malfunction (e.g. sleep/turn off at random times though). Help please?

I would not try anything else... if the button is stuck but ipod is till working enjoy it while it last because if you do trigger the button then you will not be able to get it back on.

If you say the button is loose that basically means it is out of place.
best advice i could give you is to do some research on google and/or just don't mess with the button any more
-Haypi Dragons - S2 = S101 - RO-5ELiTE - Activity = (Off)
-Clash of Clans - Ro - Activity = (24/7)

Haypi Dragons Support:
dragonsupport@haypi.com

-My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RO5ELiTE?feature=mhee

Ro ;)
<<

support54

Elite

Post Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 am

You'd better contact ipod after-sale service to ask them. Even though it does not have a warranty anymore, they are specialized.
<<

_SICKNESS_

Citizen

Post Fri May 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Try docking and rebooting...?
Many thanks,
SICK
<<

Ahmedb

Baron

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm

just spray a little bit of WD-40 directly on the button, then press the button rapidly a few dozen times, test its responsiveness afterwards, then repeat the process two or three times until it begins to improve. Then use the phone for a day or two to see how well the button did in actual use; you'll find that after a few days the problem comes back slightly, at which point You apply more WD-40. After the second or third application, the responsiveness remains indefinitely. I remembered this from Redmond pie :)
S12--EXPERT
S25-25-Player
S13-21-Player
S26-y-Player
S27-Ahm27-Player
None of my signature is true anymore...
<<

_SICKNESS_

Citizen

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 pm

_SICKNESS_ wrote:Try docking and rebooting...?

Just realised this won't be of any help what so ever, I agree with support54... i hate sleep deprivation...
Many thanks,
SICK

Return to Off-Topic