FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pay to play

<<

phillygrk

Baron

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:21 am

Pay to play

Ok, I will surely be hated for this one but....

Has haypi considered making HD a pay to play game and to add in app purchases for the various features on new updates ? This model works with most pc games. Right now, those that spend reap the greatest rewards, which makes sense since they are footing the bill for the other players. However, perhaps if the reward system was a level playing field and the game was subscription based, the longer standing players would most likely have the advantages they deserve being the more senior players. Furthermore, this would also help keep players longer. People would think twice about canceling their subscription when they know it would require them to start over if a new update came along. This game has tremendous potential that from a business perspective hasn't yet been realized as it's not managed in the most effective way.

People play regularly because they like the people they play with. Yes, the game itself must be fun (obviously) but everytime a long standing player leaves that puts several others at risk of following suit. An argument can be made that with an adequate pipeline of new players the model can support higher turnover of older customers, but the reality is the new players are spending less per person given how much is handed to them for free in order to catch them up with the more experienced players.

I know there are many players that do not want to pay a monthly fee to play and will be infuriated by the mere suggestion but I think the game and the players would benefit from this.

1. There would be much less disparity between the haves and the have nots.
2. With the more steady revenue stream haypi could focus on content delivery issues and enhancing service levels.
3. Player retention, I cannot adequately express how important this is. No mmorpg has ever survived without establishing a very strong community within it's servers.
4. Being an annuity style revenue stream the games profitability would become far more predictable which would give haypi more transparency into their businesses health help them better manage decisions.

Anyway, mull it over, this freemium fad will eventually whither and if haypi intends to become a front runner in the gaming world of the future they will need to figure out a way to sustain their user base. Evolve or dissolve.

Phillygrk (s9) Player Lvl 40

All Dragons Level 40, 8 OJ
<<

Sparda007

Citizen

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 am

Re: Pay to play

Lol id agree to this if i had a $ acct :lol:

Well if i had one I'd be playing Order & chaos
Lol
Doubt is a feeling stronger than certainty itself..
Ask yourself, "When was it that you forsaken yourself?"
(server 18, devil 40)
<no longer active>
<<

RO-5ELiTE

Conqueror

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 am

I honestly believe this would be a horrible idea...
Many players would no longer play Haypi games if this were to take action.

When you make a Pay To Play game you are basically limiting yourself to players who have extra cash on their hands and don't know what to spend it on.

Haypi would not have as much traffic as it is getting now in addition they do not need to charge us monthly, I am sure they make enough already as is.

;)
-Haypi Dragons - S2 = S101 - RO-5ELiTE - Activity = (Off)
-Clash of Clans - Ro - Activity = (24/7)

Haypi Dragons Support:
dragonsupport@haypi.com

-My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RO5ELiTE?feature=mhee

Ro ;)
<<

schwag

Conqueror

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:12 pm

I get what you're saying and it does make a lot of sense but I think it's a little late to implement it. People came into this game thinking its free and there are some high level veteran players that would leave if it became paid, making all their hard work for months pointless. Not that haypi wouldn't do something like that but it would suck for those players lol.
<<

phillygrk

Baron

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Schwaggy! Where have u been ? We need someone to kill first...beside me. Alone the popcorn just isn't the same!

Phillygrk (s9) Player Lvl 40

All Dragons Level 40, 8 OJ
<<

Sparda007

Citizen

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm

:lol:
(server 18, devil 40)
<no longer active>
<<

YSFQ8

Beginner

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 pm

I would think if they had an option of paid subscription for some extra advantage would be good .. Maybe less CD ... More honor? Whatever .. Something to make it worthwhile ... Discounted stuff? More premium levels? New dragon?

What u guys think?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Xtal 40
Naughty 39
BigEye 39
Angelo 38
Bolt 35
<<

Sparda007

Citizen

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:47 pm

I think.....
S C R A T C H this idea :)

Lol no offense to anyone but this will never work lol even if it did, it won't :lol:
(server 18, devil 40)
<no longer active>
<<

Sagarz

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Philly clearly wants me to leave the game:( lol but yeah most people would probably just leave instead of paying monthly
<<

Bullhead81

Warlord

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:59 pm

I think at this stage of the game, pay to play would not be good. A LOT of veterans would just up and quit.
Now if it were for a expansion pack, maybe a different story. A pack that only pay players could play. Of course it would have to be something very interesting. It would give veterans something to do other than pvp, or maybe even more pvp, like a free for all. This way newer players once they got hooked on the game, would want to buy expansion pack.

Signature design by Stavey
Next

Return to Suggestions