FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PVP and Player/Dragon Levels

<<

QueenofNo

Beginner

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:56 am

PVP and Player/Dragon Levels

Having more than once been pitted against a level 15 Dragon while I had only a level 6 dragon, I think it's very important to not discourage players by unknowingly pitting them against much higher level players/dragons.

I think there should be a few options in PVP:

1) to elect to be matched against similar level dragons/players
2) to elect to be matched against a specific player (by name or from the friends list)

Also, it's very important that the player level/dragon level of the opponent(s) be readily visible BEFORE the round starts -- so an election can be made to quit before you get clobbered in one hit. :-(

BTW< I think levels should readily be visible in Boss rounds too from the main room -- so you can click on a room with like level ppl.
<<

Nathan05

King

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 am

Re: PVP and Player/Dragon Levels

i see your point however the thing is... you dont lose anything when you lose in PVP you just gain 0 honour... so i dont really see the point in this
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

QueenofNo

Beginner

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 am

The point is many people feel frustrated and discouraged because they get wiped out in pvp very quickly -- and higher level players are basically milking the lower level ones for easy honor.

Another way to deal with it would be to apply a weighting differential - -making it a zero or negligible honor if the opponent is more than X number of levels lower...
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Nathan05 wrote:i see your point however the thing is... you dont lose anything when you lose in PVP you just gain 0 honour... so i dont really see the point in this

Actually, your "PvP" rank goes down if you lose (It starts at 1500, goes up for a win and down for a loss. With 326 honor I'm only at 1561 PvP score because of a bunch of losses due to poorly balanced matches (one gains roughly 7 PvP points per win, last I tried). (and also, PvP points seem a little harder to come by, as my 1561 puts me just in the top 100 whereas the 326 is just out of the top 100)).
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

Link209

Conqueror

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm level 14 and I agree with this....
Lurking. Send me a pm if ya want to talk :)

Thunderball
Need help? Click Here

Haypi Fish Beginners FAQ/Guide
<<

SnoLeopard

Citizen

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:48 pm

QueenofNo wrote:
Another way to deal with it would be to apply a weighting differential - -making it a zero or negligible honor if the opponent is more than X number of levels lower...

This is a very good idea. I totally agree with it. This is better then the first suggestion. You have my support:)
Don't need coins.
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:29 pm

SnoLeopard wrote:
QueenofNo wrote:

This is a very good idea. I totally agree with it. This is better then the first suggestion. You have my support:)

This sounds great. :) I just beat a level 12 Lava (I'm a level 8 Leshy) and got the same honor I'd receive for beating a level 5 Roco. Good idea!
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

Kingtb75

Citizen

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm

I totally agree with you queen! i am skilled player here but only level 6 dragon so its really hard for me to participate in pvp when i get placed with a lvl 10+ dragon. I agree with the coeffcient or level select option!!!
NEVER HAVE WAR REFUSED NEVER WILL

THINK OF A STOP SIGN! RED MEANS STOP AS IN STOP FIRING! GREEN MEANS GO AS IN START FIRING! LIKE A TRAFFIC LIGHT!

<<

Nathan05

King

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:56 pm

but surely your a lower level so you would expect to be down the rankings... and higher levels up the rankings. you train more to get more power and go uup the ranking
how do you let people know if your hot cakes are selling well?

Nathan05
S106
<<

Caladan

Veteran

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Nathan05 wrote:but surely your a lower level so you would expect to be down the rankings... and higher levels up the rankings. you train more to get more power and go uup the ranking

In my opinion, pvp is supposed to be more about player skill, rather than dragon level. You should be ranked based on your skill as a player, not because you have the highest level dragon. I think the idea of being able to see your opponent's level before a match and having a weighting system is the best idea. Should be easier to implement than a matchmaking system. Also, there may be too small a pool of players at the moment for a matchmaking system to work very well.
Beware the Artesians!!
Next

Return to Suggestions