FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Haypi Dragon

<<

Lycan76

Marquis

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Haypi Dragon

Initial Reaction:
Okay it sort of like angry birds. Cool game, good design lets see what they have done with it.

After playing the game a good amount for about 3 days now I feel my initial reaction was way off point. The game has so much to offer. It has a few downsides that i would have changed but all around I feel haypi truly has potential with this as with HK.

Pros:
Good game
Simple
Easy to operate.
All around good game with simple mechanisms that allow it to become whatever you make it. IE train different dragons for different things.
Roco and Lava: power
While Leshy is a supporter that can entwine and lower defenses.
Haven't gotten/seen crystal.

I have enjoyed the game and will continue to for these reasons.

Cons/things I would change(Suggestions):
Not enough dragons.
No breeding system to create unknown dragons
Unable to gain large amounts of money to level without coins. Needs more of a middle ground where small coin buyers(myself) and no coin buyers can compete and be able to gain money and other things for higher level abilities.
No marketplace(Thomas did note this is being worked on "We are working on it day and night")

No ability to play music while playing dragon unlike haypi kingdom.
No ability to private chat while battling.
Private chat needs to be fixed it is very glitch and often makes players crash.

Things I would change.
Separate cool down time for each boss.
Reason: each boss is different and such you should not have one cool down that lasts 2 hours if you have reached lava and still want leshy then you have to choose which you want to fight for this 2 hour period.

Make bosses easier to get:
Leshy 30%: most times it takes about 3 tries to get Leshy some more some less.
Lava: 10%: I have tried 11 times and still have not gotten him. I know of some on try 25 or even 30
Crystal: 3%: One player took 99 tries. In my mind that is close to impossible. some are still trying and are nearing that number.
Boss 4: X%: if crystal is that hard how hard is this one.

The game is good, I enjoy the design. The pros in my mind are better than the cons. And lastly there are some things I would change. I hope everyone enjoys my review. Feel free to leave comments.

Enjoy,
Lycan23 :D
Lycan76 S79 very active

Lycan23 S112 active

Support new Troops
Suggestions on Implementation
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13347
Suggestions on troop types/compilation of new troops
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11925
<<

Kingtb75

Citizen

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Haypi Dragon

HAHA! lycan have you been reading any of my suggestions? and you forget a con "App is very unstable and will crash while loading battles, chatting in chat, their 15 second chat delay actually takes around 30 seconds, crashes upon entering pvp battle, pvp report doesnt load, crashes when returning to main screen from the map.
NEVER HAVE WAR REFUSED NEVER WILL

THINK OF A STOP SIGN! RED MEANS STOP AS IN STOP FIRING! GREEN MEANS GO AS IN START FIRING! LIKE A TRAFFIC LIGHT!

<<

Lycan76

Marquis

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Those are cons that are not truly about the game. yes they happen but they are more bugs not cons of the game. Thanks for the input though.
Lycan76 S79 very active

Lycan23 S112 active

Support new Troops
Suggestions on Implementation
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13347
Suggestions on troop types/compilation of new troops
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11925
<<

Kingtb75

Citizen

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 pm

I try and let people know the full story ;)
NEVER HAVE WAR REFUSED NEVER WILL

THINK OF A STOP SIGN! RED MEANS STOP AS IN STOP FIRING! GREEN MEANS GO AS IN START FIRING! LIKE A TRAFFIC LIGHT!

<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:49 pm

A con that I would like to add (the main downside to my playing) is the fact that every screen transitions by a slow fade; it gets really tiring after awhile. Otherwise, completely addicting! :D
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

Haypi Support Emails:

KingdomSupport@Haypi.com.

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

Andy987654

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:37 pm

I agree. Crystals chance of getting it is way to low. Is dragon number 4 gonna be 0.1% to get? That would take maybe hundreds of tries and a 2 hour wait. I think the drop rates (exept lava and leshys) should be changed. It gets very boring trying over and over again every 2 hrs to get a dragon.
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:18 am

Andy987654 wrote:I agree. Crystals chance of getting it is way to low. Is dragon number 4 gonna be 0.1% to get? That would take maybe hundreds of tries and a 2 hour wait. I think the drop rates (exept lava and leshys) should be changed. It gets very boring trying over and over again every 2 hrs to get a dragon.

This low rate makes the dragons rare, and therefore more valuable to those that have happened upon them.

Judging by the current pattern, the new dragon will likely have a 1% chance of being received after a win.

Ary

Haypi Support Emails:

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.
<<

Andy987654

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 am

Still 2 hours is rather long...
<<

Arythy

Conqueror

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Andy987654 wrote:Still 2 hours is rather long...

I agree that that is a long cooldown time, however bosses offer far greater rewards for defeating them; it's like a reward level, that has only 1 try and takes twice as long to get another attempt.

On Server 1, on which I know you are, there are always players looking to play matches against boss 3, so there's not really much trouble you should be having in that aspect.

All you can really do is hope, and don't get upset if Crystal evades you a bit longer.

Ary

Haypi Support Emails:

Thunderball@Haypi.com.

FishSupport@Haypi.com.

DragonSupport@Haypi.com.

Return to General Discussion