FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server 90 Expert Nominations Discussion

Moderators: Shadetale, support2

<<

Theseus_

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Re: Server 90 Expert Nominations Discussion

You should make (-KING-) a expert. He's great guy.
<<

DungFu

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 am

This server has gone quite a while now without an expert and I believe that is due in part to a lack of qualified candidates. So as much as people want an expert presence in WC now, I urge support not to rush this decision and stick us with a sub-par expert. 
We need an expert whose focus is helping other players, not one who wants to use their title and powers to intimidate and mute as many people as possible. I believe we have a player on s90 who represents the former (iRichardHD) and, unfortunately, one who represents the latter (EverTam). iRichardHD has displayed an ability to answer game-related questions quickly and succinctly, while promoting a loose yet safe and friendly WC atmosphere. EverTam, on the other hand (and several like him), spends most of his time taking screenshots of WC and threatening players who cross him with mutes and bans. 
These two players represent opposite sides of the same coin:  IRichardHD leads by example, dispensing knowledge and tips with ease and good humor, while EverTam tries to rule WC with an iron fist, overcompensating for his lack of game knowledge with excessive and often hostile warnings and threats. 
After playing this game for nearly a year, I've seen and played with some excellent experts, but I've seen my fair share of disasters, too. The best experts were awarded their title because Support saw something in that particular player after careful observation and personal conversations. The worst experts, without exception, are those who campaign exhaustively and try to get in Support's good graces by obsessively documenting and reporting the (usually minor) infractions of other players. In other words, anyone who lusts after power that much is bound to abuse it. 
If you think of Expert like any real life job, just ask yourself this: Who would you rather hold the position...the most qualified and humble candidate, or the one that did the best job of self-promoting and sucking up to those in charge?
<<

PaladinX

Beginner

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 am

I haven't played since the the servers were way down in double digits, and know nothing of this server, all I know is wowww

DungFu wrote:This server has gone quite a while now without an expert and I believe that is due in part to a lack of qualified candidates. So as much as people want an expert presence in WC now, I urge support not to rush this decision and stick us with a sub-par expert.
We need an expert whose focus is helping other players, not one who wants to use their title and powers to intimidate and mute as many people as possible. I believe we have a player on s90 who represents the former (iRichardHD) and, unfortunately, one who represents the latter (EverTam). iRichardHD has displayed an ability to answer game-related questions quickly and succinctly, while promoting a loose yet safe and friendly WC atmosphere. EverTam, on the other hand (and several like him), spends most of his time taking screenshots of WC and threatening players who cross him with mutes and bans.
These two players represent opposite sides of the same coin: IRichardHD leads by example, dispensing knowledge and tips with ease and good humor, while EverTam tries to rule WC with an iron fist, overcompensating for his lack of game knowledge with excessive and often hostile warnings and threats.
After playing this game for nearly a year, I've seen and played with some excellent experts, but I've seen my fair share of disasters, too. The best experts were awarded their title because Support saw something in that particular player after careful observation and personal conversations. The worst experts, without exception, are those who campaign exhaustively and try to get in Support's good graces by obsessively documenting and reporting the (usually minor) infractions of other players. In other words, anyone who lusts after power that much is bound to abuse it.
If you think of Expert like any real life job, just ask yourself this: Who would you rather hold the position...the most qualified and humble candidate, or the one that did the best job of self-promoting and sucking up to those in charge?

what a rant

SERVER#1 FTW!!!..even if it doesn't really exist anymore...
<<

Raxzk

Baron

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:39 am

I actually agree with most of what DungFu said. Ever Tam . But iRichard is never in chat and from what I've seen he was much like EverTam just on much less frequent. Server needs a good expert like Herogal or Joarch. They know how to be experts when they need to, but also know how to pick their battles and have fun.
Gl, this server is seriously lacking in a promising expert and the nominees so far are a joke.
Pink is fun<3
<<

Falcon15

Baron

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Great support import another one! 3rd server you have improted!! I am tempted to leave the game. I am not saying I should be expert, do not misunderstood me, give others a chance. I have nothing more to experience, I have led alliances, got to top levels, the only two things I haven't gotten are expert and 1. on server. My only chance is to get expert, as I don't buy coins every day I cannot make number one on the server so not much left for me to experience why waste my time??? I need something to keep me interested, so as a favor stop importing and I've others a chance.
<<

VixxieX

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:07 am

I would like to nominate ArmyX for the expert position on server 90, he has helped me a gracious plenty and has taught me a lot about the game. He is an overall nice guy with a really positive attitude and I think he will excel as an expert :)
<<

Westen

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Support needs to watch chat, instead of going on people's votes.

I see many people threatening people to attack them, so people can vote for them. Server 90 needs more then 1 expert, FAST. The one expert we do have isint one much.

Westen
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:45 am

Wow reading this thread was a joy...

To DungFu: Well said. I can't speak about the specific players you mentioned as I have seen neither of them on WC since I joined last night, but as far as the morals and what you said expert should mean you are right on target with what I'd hope most of us feel. I too have seen some good and bad experts in my (much less than you) time on haypi. It is that keen desire to help others that makes a great expert.

To Falcon: How are you going to start your rant with "I'm not saying I should be expert" then say you're going to quit if you don't get it. Never try for expert--you won't get it. Expert is not something you campaign for or run for, in fact that is against all things expert. There are MANY helpful and deserving players on every server for that expert title. You may (or may not be) a great player, knowledgeable, and helpful. But not every knowledgeable and helpful player gets that title so just don't "try" to become expert. Additionally, it is possible to be on top without spending money. Trust me ;)
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
The_MuKu s84/125/134 active
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
<<

Harry2.0

Baron

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:24 am

It is not possible to have an army big enough to beat coiners that can enhance crop though without feeding every hour. But u have a point. U don't have to have te biggest army to be the best. Falcon. Support only imports if they have to. I say there should be an imported trusted expert on every new server for the first few weeks at least
<<

The_MuKu

Marquis

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Harry2.0 wrote:It is not possible to have an army big enough to beat coiners that can enhance crop though without feeding every hour. But u have a point. U don't have to have te biggest army to be the best. Falcon. Support only imports if they have to. I say there should be an imported trusted expert on every new server for the first few weeks at least

Exactly...You don't need to have the largest army to be number one. Just don't try and fight the person with the largest army and you'll be fine.
Haypi Kingdom
MuKu s66/s119 inactive
The_MuKu s84/125/134 active
King_MuKu s603 inactive

Haypi Monster
The_MuKu s2 active
PreviousNext

Return to Server 90 Expert Nominations