FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server 4 Expert Nominations Discussion

Moderator: Shadetale

<<

Shadetale

King

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Server 4 Expert Nominations Discussion

So the nominations thread isn't clogged up with off-topic posts, all discussion concerning the nominations shall take place here. Try not to be too hateful.
Shadetale wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how misguided, misinformed, or misunderstood it may be... :/
Former Forum Moderator
Former Expert
<<

Dudemanjr

Veteran

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Server 4 Expert Nominations

alot of experts in s4 should be replaced like 5 of them dont do their job and vayne if u want a list and the reasons for it ill send it to u
tell me if u want the list
S4
<<

ChiefSnake

Citizen

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:20 am

Here are my comments on the first 10 pages of this topic.

Bnbmm5000 wrote:I would like to also nominate aiferen for being a nice person and for being a true friend. He deserves the expert title

So bnb nominates aiferen

Aiferen wrote:I hereby nominate Bnbmm5000 for an expert he helped me in a time of great sorrow help me win all my fights and most of all is a good friend so I nominate Bnbmm5000 for expert 2010

And aiferen nominates bnb... Weird.

GasySteve wrote:Slacher, he will be great.

I have never seen this guy on wc before.

Kellogg1 wrote:id like to nominate mattthorp

I think I've seen this guy one time in wc. And he wasn't helping.

Matthew9 wrote:I want to vote for bnmb5000 he has helped me all the way to level11 and has been kind and courties for all my haypi needs and questions

So Matthew nominates bnb
Bnbmm5000 wrote:Matthew9 is a really nice guy. He helped me understand the game a little better. Matthew is a great person to be around

And bnb nominates Matthew... Second time this happens?

Cbocca wrote:Alright to start off I think dudemanjr should not be an expert. If anyone has really seen how he is they would agree with me.

Seconded

Anis wrote:I know that some will disagree with me, but BigCash is an excellent choice for an expert on Hay Pi. He holds commndable values and is always willing to help. I have had other leaders in the game, but none that compare to the level of care that Cash attends to his subordinates. It's not just a game for Cash, it is a forum to reach people and help them. Thank you for your consideration.

Bigcash is definitely not helpful in wc.

So thoughts: kunel or whatever that guys name is. 4 expert nominations within 1 hour of each other on page 4? Coincidence? And then two nominations back to back on page 6?

Also, bnb is on a lot, but I don't ever really see him helping. Perhaps another expert could chime in on this, but I can't remember bnb ever answering a question.

Dudemanjr... Not going to be insulting. Just going to say, not expert material.
server 4 expert

<<

Xorphias

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Now I know why I'm not on chat very often... There are a lot of immature people on this forum. Please grow up and just nominate who you feel deserves the extra privilege of expert, the powers that be will weed out the pros and cons of each individual.
<<

Bloodwolf

Baron

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:18 pm

ChiefSnake wrote:Here are my comments on the first 10 pages of this topic.

Bnbmm5000 wrote:I would like to also nominate aiferen for being a nice person and for being a true friend. He deserves the expert title

So bnb nominates aiferen

Aiferen wrote:I hereby nominate Bnbmm5000 for an expert he helped me in a time of great sorrow help me win all my fights and most of all is a good friend so I nominate Bnbmm5000 for expert 2010

And aiferen nominates bnb... Weird.

GasySteve wrote:Slacher, he will be great.

I have never seen this guy on wc before.

Kellogg1 wrote:id like to nominate mattthorp

I think I've seen this guy one time in wc. And he wasn't helping.

Matthew9 wrote:I want to vote for bnmb5000 he has helped me all the way to level11 and has been kind and courties for all my haypi needs and questions

So Matthew nominates bnb
Bnbmm5000 wrote:Matthew9 is a really nice guy. He helped me understand the game a little better. Matthew is a great person to be around

And bnb nominates Matthew... Second time this happens?

Cbocca wrote:Alright to start off I think dudemanjr should not be an expert. If anyone has really seen how he is they would agree with me.

Seconded

Anis wrote:I know that some will disagree with me, but BigCash is an excellent choice for an expert on Hay Pi. He holds commndable values and is always willing to help. I have had other leaders in the game, but none that compare to the level of care that Cash attends to his subordinates. It's not just a game for Cash, it is a forum to reach people and help them. Thank you for your consideration.

Bigcash is definitely not helpful in wc.

So thoughts: kunel or whatever that guys name is. 4 expert nominations within 1 hour of each other on page 4? Coincidence? And then two nominations back to back on page 6?

Also, bnb is on a lot, but I don't ever really see him helping. Perhaps another expert could chime in on this, but I can't remember bnb ever answering a question.

Dudemanjr... Not going to be insulting. Just going to say, not expert material.

i agree
Power To The Pack
<<

Badkarma

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:38 pm

First off I would like to thank everyone that has nominated me. I am flattered and humbled by your vote of confidence in me. If it happens I will do my best not to let you down. If it doesn't then I will continue to do my best keep world chat PG and friendly as I always have done.

With that said, I'm going to do my best to say what I need to about the current nominations procedures without offending anyone. If I do, I apologize. It was never my intent.

It is interesting to see the sudden influx of "hall monitors" and "expert wanna-be's" as many people are calling them. I know, because I've been called them plenty of times. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know the cause of this is due to the nominations for Expert positions. I personally see this as a good thing however the question I ask myself is, "will it last"? Sadly, I feel that it will not. When the votes have all been counted. The dust has settled. And the Expert positions have been given. The people who strived to be Experts for the sole purpose of just to be an Expert and didn't get it will go back to their prior routine before the nominations. Which, for some, is not much in the interest of the people of Haypi considering the praises and accolades they recieved from the people that nominated them. I am not trying to say that these people do not help others at all but perhaps not in the fashion and caliber as to what is expected of Experts.

Then there are those that do make attempts to enforce and encourage the rules of the game. These people are the few regulars you find in world chat who are always striving to not neccassarely become an Expert but to emphasize and exert the rules of the game because it is the right thing to do. They performed these non-obligational tasks before the Expert nominations started. And regardless if they recieve the Expert position or not they will perform the same tasks after it as well. All through this they endure the verbal and sometimes city attacks from those less interested in following the rules of Haypi. These are the kind of people we all should be looking for as our Experts.

Regardless, we'll see in the end who truly fits the charachter of an expert no matter if they get the title or not. We will all have to leave it up to Admin to cypher through all the nominations. All of them that are real and obviously transparent.
<<

ChiefSnake

Citizen

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:41 pm

We have 10 experts on server 4. I'm seeing maybe 3 getting kicked for inactiveness. That's still 7 experts. Plus, hubba, max, and I almost always lurk and no-life the chat. The experts y'all are nominating aren't really needed.

You know... I'm going to write a whole speech down here. You guys may think being an expert is fun. Yea. Loads of fun [/sarcasm]. While you're sitting in haypi chat you don't really noticed the abusive messages in chat that get thrown at experts. Why don't you notice? Because they're not offensive. There's nothing wrong with them. So we can't warn them for it. We can't do anything about it except ask them to stop. That's just frustrating. Especially when they know they can question your decision and you can't do anything. Also, abuse in mail. Oh my word. I have never seen so many explicit words in one sentence then I saw when I started being an expert. You know, I'm not one to take offense to anything easily. But day after day of just getting your face ripped off by 12 year olds who think they're tough for cursing on the interwebz. The small pay at the end of the day is hardly worth the amount of abuse and harassment we go through. So you think you're ok for the job? No. Prepare to have your best friends turn against you and 3/4 of the chat secretly hating you while 1/4 openly hates you.

That is all.
server 4 expert

<<

Rensire

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:25 am

Not many in server 4 deserve expert. I have been on at least once every hour of the day watching chat, participating when I can manage the thought process (I know, I have no life at times). Ive seen the best of people and the worse. It has gotten a lot worse since this expert voting started. But a few people stand out. Wrapb4utap being the absolute best; knowledgeable, funny, actually chats and says something intelligent, all around a great example of what an expert should be about. He has never once lost his cool or done anything even remotely questionable. The next two are great but not on often Nephileum and Sk8rBones. Good people, well liked, smart, but both are only on maybe an hour a day, sometimes I don't see them at all. And then the two trouble makers, BadKarma and BigBrother. Familiarity with the game is not in question but they do occasionally have moments of riling up the chat. When they do help people they are great, and I must admit they make chat a lot of fun since you can not predict them.

However there are players who while they do help do not deserve expert. Ive seen players beg for nominations, and even attempt to bribe players for expert. I won't name names but almost every one else on the server while they have their moments, but are missing...some fundamental maturity an expert must have. 5 players who stand out on at different parts of the day, and ironically the only people not begging for expert.
<<

Bloodwolf

Baron

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:33 am

ChiefSnake wrote:We have 10 experts on server 4. I'm seeing maybe 3 getting kicked for inactiveness. That's still 7 experts. Plus, hubba, max, and I almost always lurk and no-life the chat. The experts y'all are nominating aren't really needed.

You know... I'm going to write a whole speech down here. You guys may think being an expert is fun. Yea. Loads of fun [/sarcasm]. While you're sitting in haypi chat you don't really noticed the abusive messages in chat that get thrown at experts. Why don't you notice? Because they're not offensive. There's nothing wrong with them. So we can't warn them for it. We can't do anything about it except ask them to stop. That's just frustrating. Especially when they know they can question your decision and you can't do anything. Also, abuse in mail. Oh my word. I have never seen so many explicit words in one sentence then I saw when I started being an expert. You know, I'm not one to take offense to anything easily. But day after day of just getting your face ripped off by 12 year olds who think they're tough for cursing on the interwebz. The small pay at the end of the day is hardly worth the amount of abuse and harassment we go through. So you think you're ok for the job? No. Prepare to have your best friends turn against you and 3/4 of the chat secretly hating you while 1/4 openly hates you.

That is all.

i have a post a few weeks back talkn about the same thing stress stress i saw it happen to moon one time were she just had to get off bc of it its called a job for a resin i dont think EXPs should be in a clan anyways yes i have friends on haypi and i hope they would be good true friends and stick by my side maken sure im doing ok now ill ask r u ok ?? sometimes u just need a coffee break u know....
Power To The Pack
<<

Bloodwolf

Baron

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:35 am

Bloodwolf wrote:
ChiefSnake wrote:We have 10 experts on server 4. I'm seeing maybe 3 getting kicked for inactiveness. That's still 7 experts. Plus, hubba, max, and I almost always lurk and no-life the chat. The experts y'all are nominating aren't really needed.

That is all.

i have a post a few weeks back talkn about the same thing stress stress i saw it happen to moon one time were she just had to get off bc of it its called a job for a resin i dont think EXPs should be in a clan anyways yes i have friends on haypi and i hope they would be good true friends and stick by my side maken sure im doing ok now ill ask r u ok ?? sometimes u just need a coffee break u know....

and thank you for all that yall have done..
Power To The Pack
Next

Return to Server 4 Expert Nominations