FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Type Of Soldier

<<

Qwerrty

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:22 am

Re: New Type Of Soldier

I like the spearman idea- i think there should be a unit that is a perfect counter to a specific other unit, but otherwise uneffective. A spearman against cavs, heavily armored knights (or something) against infantry, a faster, lighter cavalry, and counter siege against catapults. You can even add a separate building for them!
<<

Qwerrty

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 am

Also, for the scout, how about instead of crop consumpton, it takes in money? You hire scouts and keep them on a payroll. And why stop at scouts? why not let you hire less effective mercenaries for a quick defense?
<<

Patsy

Beginner

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 am

a solely defensive unit should be added. built only to aid in defending a city or controlled location i.e. oasis or fort. this unit will be very costly, but yet effective in that it has very high defense and medium attack perhaps around the strength of a archer, but the range a little larger than an infantry unit. it may resemble a mechanical unit such as a tank so it will be large and it may or not be able to hunt and it would simply camp in the city. they should be pretty slow as well as maybe 70-80 crop consumption.

another idea that came up was a defensive trebuchet that has similar range to a lvl 6 or 7 turret, but cannot be very mobile at all. probably similar aspects as the unit above that ill call for logistical reasons; the tank.
<<

Lordewan

Citizen

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm

something you may have all missed - more units would just increase the dominance of cats (unless they are better and take there place anyway) it would allow the commanding player to block for another round (cav,inf,arch,new) before the cav or whatever reached the cats. i personly think if you were allowed more than 4 unit types haypi would have to change the whole fighting system - which is unlikely. they however could somehow limit it to 4 types (by upgrades or making you choose)

killing a cat army sitting behind 3 walls and 3 other troops is hard enough with any other unit anyway...(to get pp anyway if there commanding)
<<

JamesKer1

Baron

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Lordewan wrote:something you may have all missed - more units would just increase the dominance of cats (unless they are better and take there place anyway) it would allow the commanding player to block for another round (cav,inf,arch,new) before the cav or whatever reached the cats. i personly think if you were allowed more than 4 unit types haypi would have to change the whole fighting system - which is unlikely. they however could somehow limit it to 4 types (by upgrades or making you choose)

killing a cat army sitting behind 3 walls and 3 other troops is hard enough with any other unit anyway...(to get pp anyway if there commanding)

Good point. We would have to find a way to help this..
<<

BW1

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 am

Horse mounted archers is the way to go, filling the big void between cav and cat. PP value 6 or 7. Give the same speed and defence as normal cav and same attack and range of normal archers. this would mean they can hit cats on baseline in round 1 when field length 1350.
Leader, Blakwidows Alliance S92
<<

Bardthebad

Baron

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:57 pm

BW1 wrote:Horse mounted archers is the way to go, filling the big void between cav and cat. PP value 6 or 7. Give the same speed and defence as normal cav and same attack and range of normal archers. this would mean they can hit cats on baseline in round 1 when field length 1350.

Wow thats a pretty decent idea. I dont think haypi is considering any ideas of a
new soldier though. So I like pikeman idea and the archers on a pony idea.
Bardthebad sever idk (very active) LEVEL 14 R.I.P. s57
Bardzabad server 77 (sorta active) LEVEL 7
Barddabad server 83 (inactive) LEVEL 4

<<

droid1

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:45 pm

i Have a couple of suggestions.I think we should have a spy which can infiltrate an enemy city and basicly hunt from their city.You would then have the ability to see how many of what troops are training and what buildings are upgrading.a sabotage ability would be optional or an ability to kill of troops one at a time and when you call the spy back you get money.I also believe there should be a whole other race of soilders.We could come up with dwarve archers and troll warriors or even undead soilders. and a moat can be a new defensive item...im just naming some good ideas
<<

droid1

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:46 pm

The spy could have an attack of 50 def of 200 speed of 400(to get to the city quickly and a consumption of 5
<<

pendy

Beginner

Post Fri May 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Dudemanjr wrote:Im thinking that this game needs more than just four types of soldiers ... why not five. well im thinking that they should make a fith soldier or weapon that is called super soldier. it could be a soldier that is the same as all the rest but have triple the stats as in a soldier has 150 life 75 attack 75 defence 25 range 150 speed (im lvl 3) this should be doubled or tripled and be called a super soldier that is what i think... :!: :D
im lvl 16 now :lol:

is it just me that's noticed that this game is from the ancient times? You couldn't just send over a "Super Soldier" with a rocket launcher and a pack of killer dogs?
I enjoy sticking ice cream cones on the heads of horses.

I sell them on as unicorns.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions