FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Re-name a sub-city

<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Re-name a sub-city

Here's what I think, the fact that we cannot search a sub city kind of gives us a good reason to be able to rename them.
It doesn't interfere with the search system or anything, and in general, some people regret what they call their cities, I know I do for people who know me on S1 :P
Also, another reason that i've brought this up is because of us city droppers... I now have a beautiful city called ":)" how original.
There should just be a simple option saying "Rename city" under "main building ----> management ---> rename city" And the city you are in will be renamed. Obviously this will be disabled for the main city.

Now, to stop the abusive messages and general abuse:
- It costs 50,000 to change a city name
- you can only change a sub city name every month, so if you have 5 sub cities, you can change all 5 of their names once, then you must wait 30 days until you can change it again

One thing that did ping in my head with the while "renaming after capturing" made me want to change something - you must wait a week to change a newly captured city - since some people may want to take it back - they eserve a fair chance

If you come across any problems, please don't hesitate to post below or PM me.
Thank you for taking your time to read this,
TatsujinK

General benefits posted:
Scapucino wrote:i like the idea as then u change name of the persons sub and they dont know if its their one :D

Debateable questions:
devryan13 wrote:Love the idea, i would prefer less than 50000 though ._.

redgun wrote:for your own subs it costs coins - maybe 1-5.

Decision between 20,000 - 50,000
Or would y'all prefer to use coins?
IMO Everything costs coins now - it would be much better to use cash for something other than using money on resources and treasures.

Other great suggestions:
WxWarn wrote:Or maybe just even being able to change the name right after you conquer the sub, just having a chance to rename it since historically most changes have occurred because of being conquered or gaining independence.

redgun wrote:How about, an option to change it for free after you just captured a city

(Yes I know those two are the same, kind of :P )
Last edited by TatsujinK on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:41 am, edited 10 times in total.

Vayneglory wrote:Post count doesn't matter, quit bragging about it.

Am I the only one who laughs when people put "Very active" in their signature next to their name?
<<

Xbeast23X

Citizen

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Re-name a sub-city

I really like this idea. Ive taken some subs in my server and they have inappropriate sub names that others may take offensively and think i wrote it. Good idea!
<<

devryan13

Conqueror

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Love the idea, i would prefer less than 50000 though ._.
<<

Scapucino

Beginner

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:39 pm

i like the idea as then u change name of the persons sub and they dont know if its their one :D
<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Scapucino wrote:i like the idea as then u change name of the persons sub and they dont know if its their one :D

Arn't you a sly one! Lol, I love the idea of that, i'm going to add that in :)

Am I the only one who laughs when people put "Very active" in their signature next to their name?
<<

Scapucino

Beginner

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:43 pm

i agree with devryan and it would be a good idea to have it at 20,000 money to change name
<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Scapucino wrote:

i agree with devryan and it would be a good idea to have it at 20,000 money to change name

Added to debateable questions

<<

WxWarn

Baron

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Or maybe just even being able to change the name right after you conquer the sub, just having a chance to rename it since historically most changes have occurred because of being conquered or gaining independence.

WxWatch, WxWarn, Wxpert :: s7, s13, s36 expert

"The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it"
<<

TatsujinK

Marquis

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 pm

WxWarn wrote:Or maybe just even being able to change the name right after you conquer the sub, just having a chance to rename it since historically most changes have occurred because of being conquered or gaining independence.

Added to 'other great suggestions'

<<

redgun

Elite

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 pm

How about, an option to change it for free after you just captured a city, and for your own subs it costs coins - maybe 1-5.
I like the idea, especially with only being able to change it once every 30 days.

Whether this may happen or not, I also like the way it is now, if someone loses a sub they've used coins to upgrade, they'd pretty much hate it if the name was changed and they couldn't find it to take it back..
Crimson

See you at the Crossroads..

Next

Return to Suggestions